WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Folau
Re: Folau Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:23 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Seth wrote:
Seriously, what?

I'll try not to go off on one but, in so many religions, the spin that is put on certain events is just scandalous.
So a bush fire causing mayhem and the death of innocent people is retribution for gay marriage and abortion - SERIOUSLY :SUBMISSION:

People can believe whatever they want, nobody should have control over anyone's mind, although ,religion does try pretty hard but, to use a natural disaster to propagate a particular viewpoint is not acceptable.
Re: Folau Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:30 am  

Seth wrote:
Seth Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

wrencat1873 wrote:
I'll try not to go off on one but, in so many religions, the spin that is put on certain events is just scandalous.
So a bush fire causing mayhem and the death of innocent people is retribution for gay marriage and abortion - SERIOUSLY :SUBMISSION:

People can believe whatever they want, nobody should have control over anyone's mind, although ,religion does try pretty hard but, to use a natural disaster to propagate a particular viewpoint is not acceptable.

Im glad you clarified. I deplore religion and people like him strengthen my position
Re: Folau Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:37 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Seth wrote:
Im glad you clarified. I deplore religion and people like him strengthen my position

For a minute there, I thought that you were defending his comments.
Re: Folau Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:46 am  

Seth wrote:
Bronze RLFANS Member

wrencat1873 wrote:
For a minute there, I thought that you were defending his comments.

I think my opening of this thread shows my position.
Re: Folau Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:01 pm  
Freddie Miller. Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

wrencat1873 wrote:

Use of a natural disaster to push a religious doctrine is pretty widespread though. Every major disaster in the US is seen by some religious group as punishment by their God. Even 9/11 was not spared with Billy Graham's daughter having her say on why 3000 people had to die.

Folau is just another in a long long line that uses a disaster to promote beliefs.
Re: Folau Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:15 pm  

User avatarTheButcher wrote:
TheButcher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

You'd think that if there was an omnipotent being as powerful as these people believe, they would just not make gays or change the laws of nature so that abortion wasn't possible.

But no, they throw natural disasters around the place, killing people that are not gay and never had an abortion. it's like they're making stuff up to suit an agenda. Why does god always seem to have sexual hang-ups? Busy fine tuning the very fabric of reality but doesn't like the thought of one of his animals penetrating the mud donut. Anyone who believes this nonsense wants locking away!
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003...
Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans?
Then you need...
TheButcher
I must be STOPPED!!
Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique
Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion
Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns'
"A Local Forum. For Local People"
Re: Folau Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:32 pm  

User avatartigertot wrote:
tigertot User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Seth wrote:

Yet we teach this thing, that there is not a shred of evidence for, to impressionable young children.
The best things in life are not things.
A member of the victorious liberal metropolitan elite.
Re: Folau Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:36 pm  

Seth wrote:
Bronze RLFANS Member

tigertot wrote:
Yet we teach this thing, that there is not a shred of evidence for, to impressionable young children.

The only way religion maintains its existence is through the fear and indoctrination of young people.
Re: Folau Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:00 pm  

Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Seth wrote:
Is anyone still willing to claim his 'freedom of speech' after this...https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rte.ie/amp/1092536/

The guys a religious fundamentalist nutjob the like of which need putting away.

I do.

Freedom of speech does not mean you only hear what you want to hear. Its only the same nonsenses most fundamental religions preach, Judaism, Muslim and Christianity to name a few, shall we ban the opinions of a billion people?.

People like you need to grasp the reality of life and while you're at it get off your high horse :roll:
Re: Folau Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:02 pm  

Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Seth wrote:
The problem is that his 'freedom of speech' gives rise to the more violent and dangerous extremists.

Really, and who decides this, you and your virtual echo chamber mates I suppose. :HAND:
PreviousNext