WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Folau
Re: Folau Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:10 pm  

Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

TheButcher wrote:
You'd think that if there was an omnipotent being as powerful as these people believe, they would just not make gays or change the laws of nature so that abortion wasn't possible.

But no, they throw natural disasters around the place, killing people that are not gay and never had an abortion. it's like they're making stuff up to suit an agenda. Why does god always seem to have sexual hang-ups? Busy fine tuning the very fabric of reality but doesn't like the thought of one of his animals penetrating the mud donut. Anyone who believes this nonsense wants locking away!

Unbelievable, listen to yourself, 'locking away' now who's the fascist.

If he doesn't agree with gay marriage etc so what, it's just an opinion that very few other people are interested in, whilst those who are didn't need the help of an ageing rugby player to get there. The outrage that the twitter generation seems almost genetically programmed to supply at every utterance is only oxygen to these types of courses but they never seem to learn, or maybe they too are just looking for an argument.

I detest all religion but its not my job to tell them what to believe, mainly because if I did I'd be as bad as them. THINK ABOUT IT. :IDEA:
Re: Folau Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:11 pm  
Dezzies_right_hook Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Seth wrote:
Is anyone still willing to claim his 'freedom of speech' after this...https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rte.ie/amp/1092536/

The guys a religious fundamentalist nutjob the like of which need putting away.

Yes I will.

I do not agree with what he is saying but I will fight fir his right to say it.

Quite simple offence is taken not given.

Again I wholeheartedly disagree with what he is saying but our grandparents n parents fought and lost their lives for our freedoms and all I see is easily outraged people allowing our rights as free people be taken away so some snowflake doesn't get upset.
Re: Folau Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:16 pm  

Seth wrote:
Seth Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Wow. So let me get this right, youre saying you see no danger in preaching fundamentalist hatred? Where does that end, with holocaust deniers? Racism?
Last edited by Seth on Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Folau Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:16 pm  

User avatarhomme vaste wrote:
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Fishermanscap wrote:
I do.

Freedom of speech does not mean you only hear what you want to hear. Its only the same nonsenses most fundamental religions preach, Judaism, Muslim and Christianity to name a few, shall we ban the opinions of a billion people?.

People like you need to grasp the reality of life and while you're at it get off your high horse :roll:

Do you not think that this would fall under hate speech?

"abusive or threatening speech or writing that expresses prejudice against a particular group, especially on the basis of race, religion, or sexual orientation."

If you truly believe that these comments are acceptable under the banner freedom of speech then I strongly suggest that you read up on Part 3A of the Public Order Act 1986.
Re: Folau Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:18 pm  

homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Seth wrote:
Wow. So let me get this right, youre saying you see no danger in preaching fundamentalist hatred? Where does that end, holocaust denyers? Racism?

I agree, something tells me some of these views would be very different if this was aimed at race instead of sexual orientation, but as I have already mentioned both are hate speech and both are illegal.
Re: Folau Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:20 pm  
Free-scoring winger

Seth wrote:
Wow. So let me get this right, youre saying you see no danger in preaching fundamentalist hatred? Where does that end, holocaust denyers? Racism?

Nope I said he is free to say what he wants as are you or I. Because you may not agree with it doesn't mean he da not say it??

Offence is taken and not given if your offended by what he says then that's just too bad facts don't care about feelings mate he is free to say what he wants until people like you take away even more freedoms people have died to protect.
Re: Folau Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:21 pm  
Free-scoring winger

homme vaste wrote:
I agree, something tells me some of these views would be very different if this was aimed at race instead of sexual orientation, but as I have already mentioned both are hate speech and both are illegal.

Not hate speach they're his beliefs and opinions
Re: Folau Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:21 pm  

homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Dezzies_right_hook wrote:
Yes I will.

I do not agree with what he is saying but I will fight fir his right to say it.

Quite simple offence is taken not given.

Again I wholeheartedly disagree with what he is saying but our grandparents n parents fought and lost their lives for our freedoms and all I see is easily outraged people allowing our rights as free people be taken away so some snowflake doesn't get upset.

You have been listening to too much Ricky Gervais old boy, of course Folau`s comments are going to cause offence, your snowflake comment is just completely ridiculous in this case, I don`t see how anyone that is offended by Folau`s comments could be labelled a snowflake...
Re: Folau Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:23 pm  

Seth wrote:
Seth Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Listen, nut jobs who preach extremist ideals have lead to millions of deaths. Your grandad didnt fight in the war so people could preach hatred, they fought for the opposite. Nazi ideals became a frightening reality.
Last edited by Seth on Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Folau Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:26 pm  

homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Dezzies_right_hook wrote:
Not hate speach they're his beliefs and opinions

Okay, so as long as you believe something, you can say what you want to? Thanks for clearing this up.
PreviousNext