Nov 16 20194 years214th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Mar 22 22:181st Feb 22 08:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Brian Noble : Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:23 am  
IR80 wrote:
I have already said how TWPP are doing it is flawed, I just don't bore people to death with repeating myself

Oh dear - here comes the censor.....

Don't you think that since the winter of 2017 every day for over three years people have been proclaiming the American dream on here and on TRL, that's thousands and thousands of posts from dozens of people on two websites. The message was always the same BORING TWP are the future- we heard it what 10 times a day on both sites, making what? 10,000 BORING "TWP are the future" posts with no supporting evidence.

Then we had two weekly RL papers totalling a couple of hundred editions that also repetetively told us the Americans will save the day. Yet somehow you don't like to hear the opposite opinion - It makes me think you may actually still believe all that nonsense.?

How many posts have Steph and Jean put up on here telling us the future for Rugby league lies anywhere but along the staid and boring backwater of the M62??. I didn't notice you telling them to give it a rest, so on that basis I do not accept for a minute you ever thought the American dream was flawed as you were happy to let others repeat it thousands of times.

I think it's always worth reminding people of the facts that it's all phoney, your not allowed to do that on TRL - bans all round. This is a free speech RL website where traditionalists aren't hounded down - well not until you started on me :lol: :lol: :lol:
IR80 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 24 20195 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Sep 20 02:4026th Aug 20 00:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Brian Noble : Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:26 am  
Donnyman wrote:
Oh dear - here comes the censor.....

Don't you think that since the winter of 2017 every day for over three years people have been proclaiming the American dream on here and on TRL, that's thousands and thousands of posts from dozens of people on two websites. The message was always the same BORING TWP are the future- we heard it what 10 times a day on both sites, making what? 10,000 BORING "TWP are the future" posts with no supporting evidence.

Then we had two weekly RL papers totalling a couple of hundred editions that also repetetively told us the Americans will save the day. Yet somehow you don't like to hear the opposite opinion - It makes me think you may actually still believe all that nonsense.?

How many posts have Steph and Jean put up on here telling us the future for Rugby league lies anywhere but along the staid and boring backwater of the M62??. I didn't notice you telling them to give it a rest, so on that basis I do not accept for a minute you ever thought the American dream was flawed as you were happy to let others repeat it thousands of times.

I think it's always worth reminding people of the facts that it's all phoney, your not allowed to do that on TRL - bans all round. This is a free speech RL website where traditionalists aren't hounded down - well not until you started on me :lol: :lol: :lol:

You haven't been reading my posts then... keep your head warm with that cap.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player510No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 10 20204 years308th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd May 22 12:307th Nov 21 01:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Brian Noble : Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:29 am  
The latest on Ottawa. Nothing concrete yet but better than nothing.

https://twitter.com/9_Moley/status/1230 ... 26112?s=20

Re New York @51.26

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0c ... g4M2NlYTM0

Apologies if this has already been posted.
The latest on Ottawa. Nothing concrete yet but better than nothing.

Re New York @51.26

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 16 20194 years214th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Brian Noble : Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:30 pm  
The Silent H wrote:
The latest on Ottawa.

Re New York @51.26

Don't apologise, the more the merrier....

"Ottawa have been given the green light to join League One from as early as next season, and Eric Perez says Montreal and Vancouver could soon follow. A report on CBC in Canada, said: “Perez says he expects rugby league to spread to more Canadian cities, saying he has already been contacted by groups in Montreal and Vancouver"

Anyone got the latest on [b]Hamilton and Boston?[/b] with New York and TWP that's seven North American clubs in the bag already. Is anyone working on the NATV deal? Link?
The Silent H wrote:
The latest on Ottawa.

Re New York @51.26

Don't apologise, the more the merrier....

"Ottawa have been given the green light to join League One from as early as next season, and Eric Perez says Montreal and Vancouver could soon follow. A report on CBC in Canada, said: “Perez says he expects rugby league to spread to more Canadian cities, saying he has already been contacted by groups in Montreal and Vancouver"

Anyone got the latest on [b]Hamilton and Boston?[/b] with New York and TWP that's seven North American clubs in the bag already. Is anyone working on the NATV deal? Link?
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4201No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 20186 years25th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 21:1517th Apr 24 17:02LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Brian Noble : Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:49 pm  
fartown since 1961 wrote:
But where are those new audiences ? Like Catalans this is heading one way the only new fans are within a small geographical area, any media growth of the game is non existent as there isn’t a French or Canadian TV deal.

The purpose of relegating the 11th placed team (sounds ridiculous even now) and ring fencing Catalans was to get a competitive French National team which has failed !!! All we have is a team in a small region of France not a French team competing with England, Australia and NZ which might have done the international game and the next World Cup some good.Now that might attract new fans.

In reality apart from having owners with a few bob the teams could be in Featherstone, London or Leigh and make no less impact.

As for SBW and Folau ones in it for a massive amount of cash, the other cos no one else will have him, yeah fans are gonna switch from union or ice hockey in their droves. For better or worse the UK is an island of which England is a part and that’s where the teams should come from cos European/Transatlantic superleague sounds totally daft...

This.
Without Catalans or Toronto on TV in their respective countries, then there will be no spreading of the game in either country.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4201No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 20186 years25th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 21:1517th Apr 24 17:02LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Brian Noble : Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:54 pm  
The Silent H wrote:
Exactly, love or hate them, they have brought exposure to the Super league of the like it hasn't seen before.

But to whom - people already interested in RL in Australia, or people who have never heard of the game?
Also, will this exposure help to encourage people to play, watch on TV or turn up to a live game, that have never done so before?
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player510No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 10 20204 years308th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd May 22 12:307th Nov 21 01:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Brian Noble : Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:54 pm  
MorePlaymakersNeeded wrote:
But to whom - people already interested in RL in Australia, or people who have never heard of the game?
Also, will this exposure help to encourage people to play, watch on TV or turn up to a live game, that have never done so before?

I don't know cause I'm already a rl fan. But that is what extra exposure should bring, just not overnight imo.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 16 20194 years214th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Brian Noble : Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:23 am  
The Silent H wrote:
I'm already a rl fan.

According to Total RL your Jean Capdouze. On TRL your posting as Manfred Mann according to the posters there. On here you post the same shut down the Superleague and open the Transatlantic league message you post daily

Transatlantic West conference

Ottawa
New York
Toronto
Montreal
Hamilton
Boston
Vancouver
Philadephia

Transatlantic East Conference

Les Catalans
Avignon
Toulouse
Valencia
Belgrade
Copenhagen
Paris
London

Les Tonks Sidestep is pretty much clued up on the Superleague and RFL rules and he confirms what I said some time ago that the professional game in England is a membership organisation, and clubs not members like Toulouse, Toronto and Catalans are guests and compete by invitation only.

Thus all the stuff you post can never happen, and will never happen as the Superelague will withdraw the invites to Toronto and Catalans if they don't follow the rules as we go forward and the requirements include a player development foundation, an academy and Reserves. Currently TWP & CATS merely sign a marquee to curry favour in this direction and even that's backfired a bit. Your not an RL Fan.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 16 20194 years214th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Brian Noble : Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:45 am  
MorePlaymakersNeeded wrote:

Sorry your being duped here.

The TV exposure point is of course important, and of course here we get exposure on sports pay TV, plus we also get exposure on Terrestrial TV because we play out the Challenge cup and major internationals on that. TV exposure is so important that both TWP and Catalans/TO were specifically asked to chase TV deals.

TWP have admitted it needs 5-6 Superleague level American clubs for them to even be listened to by broadcasters, So this means that English clubs would have to make way for these clubs to play, not League one. That will never happen

TWP have admitted that they cant develop Pro-RL players anyway and very few from here will go play there unless you double their wages or pay them as Marquees. Perez is still pretending Ottawa, Hamilton and Montreal are on their way, but he tempers this now by saying they will develop their own players. That's fine - the only problem is there are no such players unless they sign players from the USARL who are amateurs but some good enough to play League One.

Perez piles absurdities on absurdities as the only reason TWP exist is a mad keen Australian NRL fan is a $$Billionaire and can throw eye watering anounts of money away at a dream. Perez talks about "consortiums" at the other clubs and doesn't identify who exactly is stupid enough in America to throw $$Millions at a foreign game.

The whole thing is absurd and has been since it's inception, but instead of being an "honest game" the RL press and the RFL can't stop pretending North American expansion is happening. At some point all this will collapse (probably the 2022 TV deal that will be English clubs only). Then we will need some damage limitation.

Superleague are hoping this will blow over by TWP being relegated ASAP. This they do them no favours. If there are investors in North America thinking they will take the project forward they will be looking carefully at how Superleague won't accommodate them. But I don't think they exist.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator3221No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 01 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 10:4325th Aug 20 08:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature