u RLFANS.COM - Willie Isa - total respect

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Willie Isa - total respect

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Willie Isa - total respect
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:56 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Volunteered for the NHS.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... er-2520763

SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row

Post subject: Re: Willie Isa - total respect
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:30 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Good stuff.

Wakefield have offered support to all there more aged and isolated supporters.getting shopping prescriptions etc, been doing it for a couple of weeks.

Not sure how much players are involved but there is a lot the club is doing. As far as the players are concerned it’s a personal choice as far as I’m concerned they are not obliged.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:46 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

And total respect to the other 504.999 people who didn’t get a mention from Brian because they don’t play for Wigan

Years in existence and average attendance

Leigh Centurions - 100+ years / Circa 3k
Wakefield Wildcats - 100+ years / Circa 4k
Toronto Wolfpack - 3 years / 9k

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:01 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Steph Curry wrote:And total respect to the other 504.999 people who didn’t get a mention from Brian because they don’t play for Wigan

Good point Steph, and also more respect to those of the 504.999 that did it on the quiet without wanting everybody and they're dog to know what they are doing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:15 am 
Stevo's Armpit

Always at least two ways to look at any story. Some will say that he is doing it to show everybody what a fantastic person he is and how he should be applauded for his contribution, on the other hand and I much prefer this reason, he is doing it to make a difference, by publicising what he is doing may inspire other people to volunteer or think of their own way they can help the current situation. All sports personalities/celebs are caught in a dammed if you do/dammed if you don't conundrum, I think it's best to applaud anybodies efforts to help in anyway whether they be famous or not, this really is not the time to nitpick peoples motivations. Lets try to be supportive rather than negative, rather than question others do something yourself, you might feel much better for it and you could make a difference.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:38 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

little wayne69 wrote:Good point Steph, and also more respect to those of the 504.999 that did it on the quiet without wanting everybody and they're dog to know what they are doing.

Indeed, also the content in the article is more about his training and gaining fitness than alturism of volunteering.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:50 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

IR80 wrote:Indeed, also the content in the article is more about his training and gaining fitness than alturism of volunteering.

I wasn't knocking his or any of the other people in the public spotlight whose desire to make themselves available to the NHS, well done to them for caring and wanting to help, I just prefer those that do it discreetly without any fuss and shy away from attention.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:32 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

little wayne69 wrote:I wasn't knocking his or any of the other people in the public spotlight whose desire to make themselves available to the NHS, well done to them for caring and wanting to help, I just prefer those that do it discreetly without any fuss and shy away from attention.

I agree totally.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:27 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

***************Breaking news***************

Fault found in story about man who does a good thing, because he plays for Wigan!!

I'm sure that the people who are critical about this story will tell Willie when they see him, as i'm certain that they will bump into him as they volunteer too...

About the content, just to point out that the journalist writes the story, not the player.

:roll:

Officially RLFAN's most Doe-eyed Happy Clapper.

Big Steve wrote:
The Internet has provided some wonderful creativity, opportunities and knowledge sharing but it has also given a worldwide forum for people you would leave a full pint behind in the pub to avoid having to listen to them.

aboveusonlypie...
If you don't bother to go to the game when you live in the locality then you are not really a fan and therefore your views are invalid. It's simple.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:42 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Wigan Peer wrote:***************Breaking news***************

Fault found in story about man who does a good thing, because he plays for Wigan!!

I'm sure that the people who are critical about this story will tell Willie when they see him, as i'm certain that they will bump into him as they volunteer too...

About the content, just to point out that the journalist writes the story, not the player.

:roll:

Stop being so over sensitive over nothing.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 4:48 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com