Jul 26 20195 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Apr 21 18:5327th Mar 21 16:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull Fc players test positive for Covid : Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:40 pm  
NickyKiss wrote:
Austin clearly broke the governments rules but yet still doesn’t seem to have been massively punished. Compare that to talk of Pangai Jnr being sacked for a trip to the barbers in a country with a far better record with this virus. It’s little wonder this has already hit us.

On the flip side with guys like Hastings, Hardaker and Hankinson from Wigan, I saw them post last night that they were out in Manchester but the pictures were of them sat outside. Even with the tougher measures in Greater Manchester, I believe you can sit outside bars in groups of six or less? The players will say they’re therefore doing nothing wrong but it’s still hugely risky and irresponsible IMO. The game is on the edge and it’s their own livelihoods they’re risking.

Agree, the past 5 or so months of uncertainty must have been really difficult for the players. Why any of them would want to further jeapordise their futures with unnecessary social gatherings just baffles me and the RFLs lack of a tough stance is just infuriating when you look at the strictness of just about every other sport and competition. The sooner this season is over the better.
UllFC 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16898No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 27 200420 years35th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 00:3215th Apr 24 16:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull Fc players test positive for Covid : Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:43 pm  
The Chair Maker wrote:
Interestingly the city of hull has very low levels of covid so i think the chances of the players catching it there will have been very low.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/cases?a ... 0City%20of

However if we look at Kirklees and Bradford things are pretty bad

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/cases?a ... e=Kirklees

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/cases?a ... e=Bradford

With regard to Wakefield and Leeds its less so, but still higher than Hull

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/cases?a ... Name=Leeds

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/cases?a ... =Wakefield

Greater Manchester as a whole is bad at the moment with Oldham being very bad

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/cases?a ... ame=Oldham

So my suspicion is one or more of the lads had a night out in west yorkshire and brought something back with them to the club.

Would be interesting to know if the infected players are from outside the Hull area.

Good point, you are correct Hull has very low levels, even Corona doesnt want to visit us :)

We do have a large West Yorkshire contingent at the club who travel in, unsure if they still car share or not in the crisis.
The Chair Maker wrote:
Interestingly the city of hull has very low levels of covid so i think the chances of the players catching it there will have been very low.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/cases?a ... 0City%20of

However if we look at Kirklees and Bradford things are pretty bad

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/cases?a ... e=Kirklees

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/cases?a ... e=Bradford

With regard to Wakefield and Leeds its less so, but still higher than Hull

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/cases?a ... Name=Leeds

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/cases?a ... =Wakefield

Greater Manchester as a whole is bad at the moment with Oldham being very bad

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/cases?a ... ame=Oldham

So my suspicion is one or more of the lads had a night out in west yorkshire and brought something back with them to the club.

Would be interesting to know if the infected players are from outside the Hull area.

Good point, you are correct Hull has very low levels, even Corona doesnt want to visit us :)

We do have a large West Yorkshire contingent at the club who travel in, unsure if they still car share or not in the crisis.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain165No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 26 20195 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull Fc players test positive for Covid : Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:45 pm  
UllFC wrote:
Agree that the players should be staying home, its their career and the sport is at risk so a few months sacrifice shouldent be a hardship for them.

However its judgemental to just assume players went to the pub and caught it. Super League announced on Friday that all tests were negative, it seems symtoms show 2-14 days after infection, so it could be the players had it but the test missed it or they only had it at low levels. They could have caught it on game day, on the coach, at the supermarket on their way home, or pretty much anywhere...we wont ever know.

Surely our game gets called off this weekend, from a competitioj point of view we are 6 players down, from a health point of view if I was a Cas player or ref I wouldent want to be anywhere near the FC squad!

Surely the games of the teams who played after Hull Fc will need to be postponed as well given they will have used the same changing rooms? The main reason why playing all games at the same stadium for each round is absolutely ludicrous.
UllFC 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16898No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 27 200420 years35th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 00:3215th Apr 24 16:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull Fc players test positive for Covid : Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:50 pm  
MPhil12 wrote:
Surely the games of the teams who played after Hull Fc will need to be postponed as well given they will have used the same changing rooms? The main reason why playing all games at the same stadium for each round is absolutely ludicrous.

I think Headingley's multiple dressing rooms where used, but not 100%, but you are right the all games at venue idea may need a rethink. Had this game been at the KCOM or AJ Bell it would only be Hull and Salford theyd need to isoltate and worry about.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator10656No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 27 200617 years172nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 20:3315th Apr 24 20:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull Fc players test positive for Covid : Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:54 pm  
Hull FC and Salford used the main RL changing rooms, which were extensively cleaned whilst the Wakefield v Wigan game was on. Wakefield and Wigan used the south stand changing rooms. Leeds and St Helens then used the main changing rooms.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain165No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 26 20195 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull Fc players test positive for Covid : Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:05 pm  
Frosties. wrote:
Hull FC and Salford used the main RL changing rooms, which were extensively cleaned whilst the Wakefield v Wigan game was on. Wakefield and Wigan used the south stand changing rooms. Leeds and St Helens then used the main changing rooms.

Fair enough but I imagine you still couldn’t rule out the possibility of transmission happening? Just seems completely daft to all be playing at the same stadium and sums up the carefree attitude towards to the situation which is ridiculous given we’ve had 5 months without any games. Also, I could be wrong but don’t the Totally wicked stadium and Halliwell Jones stadium both only have two changing rooms? Potentially having 5 teams all being in the same changing room 24 hours apart just seems daft, even if they are cleaned in between.
RankPostsTeam
International Star6568
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 23 20186 years42nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 01:1215th Apr 24 16:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull Fc players test positive for Covid : Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:45 pm  
MPhil12 wrote:
Indeed, so far I’ve seen Blake Austin think it acceptable to mix with thousands outside of Anfield, Jackson Hastings put his weekly p*ss up all over instagram, Brad Dwyer similar and clearly some idiot at Hull FC has broken social distancing guidelines as well. Idiotic and selfish, I’m sure there are plenty of other examples as well. Until the RFL (and clubs themselves) take a tougher stance and issue fines to players at fault then there’ll be plenty more positive tests. I’d go as far as to say Hull should be fined for the postponements that will have to follow. How hard can it be for players to behave for three months and clubs to keep them under control?

And you have no evidence whatsoever to substantiate any of that regarding the Hull players, half our team is diagnosed with this deadly virus, which could have been contracted anywhere that’s contagion mate. Try to show a little sympathy with these lads and their families, before spouting your Neanderthal parochial biases.

“Fine them” really what a plum
snowie 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years313th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull Fc players test positive for Covid : Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:37 am  
Frosties. wrote:
that's just the changing rooms, when your dealing with something you can't see who's to say it's outside of the changing rooms and can be picked up else where it's a nightmare.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10000No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 03 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Dec 20 08:087th Nov 20 13:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Hull Fc players test positive for Covid : Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:31 am  
MPhil12 wrote:
Indeed, so far I’ve seen Blake Austin think it acceptable to mix with thousands outside of Anfield, Jackson Hastings put his weekly p*ss up all over instagram, Brad Dwyer similar and clearly some idiot at Hull FC has broken social distancing guidelines as well. Idiotic and selfish, I’m sure there are plenty of other examples as well. Until the RFL (and clubs themselves) take a tougher stance and issue fines to players at fault then there’ll be plenty more positive tests. I’d go as far as to say Hull should be fined for the postponements that will have to follow. How hard can it be for players to behave for three months and clubs to keep them under control?

Stop finger pointing. You have absolutely no idea how this could have infected the camp. You've gone to instant blame. It could have literally come from anywhere, even family members passing it on.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 02 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Jul 21 12:383rd Jul 21 12:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull Fc players test positive for Covid : Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:00 am  
If only Hull players have caught the virus, would that mean that they caught it after leaving Headingley, just a thought.
PreviousNext