WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Hull Fc players test positive for Covid

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Hull Fc players test positive for Covid

Re: Hull Fc players test positive for Covid Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:42 am  

Mr Dog wrote:
Mr Dog Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Wilde 3 wrote:
Adam Pearson has just been on the radio. He said that initially, they think that it has come from a player's young newborn baby, who had to be admitted to hospital. The player had some rehab on an injury on Saturday which looks like it passed to a physio, and gone from there.

Under the guidelines, information that could identify anyone testing positive shouldn't be released. Pearson has clearly broken that confidentiality and could be in hot water.
Re: Hull Fc players test positive for Covid Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:51 am  

Alffi_7 wrote:
Alffi_7 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Alffi_7 wrote:
Can Castleford play Catalan (or Hull KR) this week to reduce fixture congestion further down the line?

This will happen again you would think, and if a team is going to miss two weeks of fixtures there will be an incredible backlog unless we can apply some flexibility to scheduling.

I see they acted on my idea fast...

https://www.totalrl.com/super-league-in ... -fixtures/
Re: Hull Fc players test positive for Covid Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:09 pm  

craig hkr wrote:
craig hkr Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Mr Dog wrote:
Under the guidelines, information that could identify anyone testing positive shouldn't be released. Pearson has clearly broken that confidentiality and could be in hot water.

You may be correct but think him making the statement promptly shouldn't be punished and can't see it troubling any prosecution tbh.
He's given his opinion with the facts we dont have access to yet so il take his word.
The truth will be found either way
Re: Hull Fc players test positive for Covid Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:01 pm  

Mr Dog wrote:
Mr Dog Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

craig hkr wrote:
You may be correct but think him making the statement promptly shouldn't be punished and can't see it troubling any prosecution tbh.
He's given his opinion with the facts we dont have access to yet so il take his word.
The truth will be found either way

Unless he had permission from the player (and his partner) he's broken pretty strict rules on the confidentiality of medical information covered by not only the sport's protocols but privacy laws. I suspect he was trying to prove his players hadn't been behaving irresponsibly without stopping to think about the consequences of doing so.
Re: Hull Fc players test positive for Covid Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:42 pm  

User avatarHasbag wrote:
Hasbag User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Mr Dog wrote:

Surely people need to know who has tested positive in case anybody has been near to them? If I'd been in a restaurant with any Hull player over the weekend then I'd like to know if any of them were the ones who had tested positive as I would then need to isolate and get tested myself.
Re: Hull Fc players test positive for Covid Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:46 pm  
financialtimes User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Hasbag wrote:
Surely people need to know who has tested positive in case anybody has been near to them? If I'd been in a restaurant with any Hull player over the weekend then I'd like to know if any of them were the ones who had tested positive as I would then need to isolate and get tested myself.

That’s not how track and trace works, the establishment should contact you stating you may have been in contact and should be tested and isolate for 10 days, they cannot identify to you who was the person who has tested positive to a 3rd party :thumb:
What's pink & hard first thing in the morning?
The financial time crossword
Re: Hull Fc players test positive for Covid Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:01 pm  

IR80 wrote:
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

financialtimes wrote:
That’s not how track and trace works, the establishment should contact you stating you may have been in contact and should be tested and isolate for 10 days, they cannot identify to you who was the person who has tested positive to a 3rd party :thumb:

Salford need not worry too much, we hardly put a hand on them!

Seriously, just cancel the season, no relegation so no point risking lives and livelihoods.
Re: Hull Fc players test positive for Covid Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:22 pm  

Alffi_7 wrote:
Alffi_7 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

IR80 wrote:
Salford need not worry too much, we hardly put a hand on them!

Seriously, just cancel the season, no relegation so no point risking lives and livelihoods.

Not risking livelihoods by ending the season now? Who's going to pay the players for the rest of the year if they don't play another game? Livelihoods will be under a bigger threat at that point wouldn't they?
Re: Hull Fc players test positive for Covid Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:30 pm  

IR80 wrote:
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Alffi_7 wrote:
Not risking livelihoods by ending the season now? Who's going to pay the players for the rest of the year if they don't play another game? Livelihoods will be under a bigger threat at that point wouldn't they?

So it would be better to spread the virus? another 45,000+ dead? for some rugby?
Re: Hull Fc players test positive for Covid Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:40 pm  

User avatarSadfish wrote:
Sadfish User avatar
ADMIN
ADMIN

It is quite clear that sports can go ahead whilst Covid is around, if people can drive buses and work in shops, we just need to be dynamic.

We can make it work, just like all sports can.
PreviousNext