WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wakefield Win Again as Hull KR Go Bottom

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Wakefield Win Again as Hull KR Go Bottom

Wakefield Win Again as Hull KR Go Bottom Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:51 pm  

Wakefield Win Again as Hull KR Go Bottom

Round eighteen saw the battle of the wooden spoon as Wakefield Trinity hosted Hull KR for a Sunday afternoon kick off. Both sides have a twenty percent win record with Wakefield currently bottom by virtue of KR having a better points difference.

Wakefield grabbed a crucial win over the Huddersfield Giants last time out while Hull KR lost to the Castleford Tigers, both clubs having had just two days to recover from their exploits. A win for either side would see them in tenth place in the table, Salford Red Devils were too far ahead for either side to make much of an impression on ninth spot.

READ MORE ON THIS STORY...

RLFANS.COM news items are posted in forums where it is thought that they will be of interest to the readership, all comments made below will also be available for viewing through the front page.
Huddersfield1895 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I bet these 2 clubs are glad there is no relegation this season. Both are very poor

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Huddersfield1895 wrote:
I bet these 2 clubs are glad there is no relegation this season. Both are very poor

Didn't one of those "very poor" teams beat your not very good side last weekend ?

Now that Robinson's "new coach effect" has worn off, you probably need to start looking over your shoulder.
Mind you, it looks like KR will finish 11th
little wayne69 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Huddersfield1895 wrote:

Your club's not exactly doing too good either, and just in case you hadn't realised only one of those two clubs would have been relegated, and my money would have gone on KR and not shudds.

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

I’m surprised Hudds haven’t blessed us with one of their inconsequential articles from the Sydney Herald or whatever it’s called.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Huddersfield1895 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

wrencat1873 wrote:
Didn't one of those "very poor" teams beat your not very good side last weekend ?

Now that Robinson's "new coach effect" has worn off, you probably need to start looking over your shoulder.
Mind you, it looks like KR will finish 11th

We are on a learning curve at the moment.
Watch us go when next season when things will really matter

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Huddersfield1895 wrote:

I think that you said the same when Woolford took over.
Luke Robinson was a top player and may make a decent coach but, I'm not convinced he's going to be your man through next season.
Mind you, I'll be happy for us all (RL clubs) to get through this season and be playing again next.
How the Championship can function without paying fans, I dont know and SL will struggle far more next season.

Cant see too far beyond KR for the (revised) Wooden spoon - Toronto have the "spoon" already by withdrawing from the come with 0 league wins. Win % = 0
little wayne69 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Huddersfield1895 wrote:

That old chestnut, wouldn't call 4 years a learning curve :roll:

Steph Curry wrote:
Steph Curry Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

To be fair, Huddersfield are a much bigger club than Wakefield and offer more to Super league. Can you imagine Wakefield signing a player of the Calibre of Aidan sezer? No, either can I. That said, I don’t recall Wakefield having to cheat to avoid relegation
Years in existence and average attendance

Leigh Centurions - 100+ years / Circa 3k
Wakefield Wildcats - 100+ years / Circa 4k
Toronto Wolfpack - 3 years / 9k
Re: Wakefield Win Again as Hull KR Go Bottom Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:15 pm  

User avatarhomme vaste wrote:
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Steph Curry wrote:
To be fair, Huddersfield are a much bigger club than Wakefield and offer more to Super league. Can you imagine Wakefield signing a player of the Calibre of Aidan sezer? No, either can I. That said, I don’t recall Wakefield having to cheat to avoid relegation

Bigger club in what way? They have similar Avg attendances to Wakefield even when giving tickets away for free and selling there season tickets for £99, sub tenants at a football clubs ground, bank rolled by one man, the club is not sustainable in the slightest, they have had similar on field results to Wakefield in the last few years and outside a few players there youth system has been pretty dismal leaving them relying on the likes of Wakefield over the past 10 years to pick up talent.

So we judge a big club by there ability to throw some money at a half decent Aussie import? Just like that great signing of Uate last year...
Next