FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Current LIVE TV Match : London Broncos 16 - 18 Hull FC LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Aydin Try, Charles Goal
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 12th team for Superleague
RankPostsTeam
International Star7181No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 21 20149 years282nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Mar 24 19:1715th Oct 23 16:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.

Re: 12th team for Superleague : Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:36 pm  
Donnyman wrote:
He can tout it all he wants, he can discuss it with Fox Sports if he wants, he will get nowhere. I noted on here early last year about how Lenegan had said the next SKY deal may be lowered to £150M with the Championship getting nothing. You were one of those who wouldn't believe it for the sake of disagreeing, but you now know it was true. That was when Lenegan also talked about an all English Superleague 2022. You wouldn't believe that either,

TWP gone, Ottawa gone, New York never got going, Toulouse no chance.........So what about Catalans? here's Gausch the other day....

"Even the close-season would be a major financial challenge according to the Dragons’ owner, who told local media at the weekend: “[i]We are hoping for a lot from this meeting because, frankly, I don’t know how we will wrap up the next four months without state aid[/b].

That's all I have to say to you on the matter, thanks for the post.

You are wrong.Certainly with regard to my disagreeing.

Looks like the Super League M62 clubs are desperate for 12 clubs ,and loop fixtures, and all the broadcast money.

It's great to see...

The sport is really booming.

Did all Super League clubs claim some of the money given to the RFL....that is the RFL,by the government?

Dearie me.Bit of a geographical misfortune for your bête noire ,old Toronto. That Canadian government sure don't just hand their money away.

Shame really.I enjoyed reading your posts of pure invention.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4035
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 07 200617 years312th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Apr 24 23:2131st Jan 23 14:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 12th team for Superleague : Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:37 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:
You would think that there would be a huge "up front" cost to make Odsal safe for both stock car racing and for RL crowds and whilst it makes sense to have 2 sports in the same stadium to share the overheads and day to day costs, I never thought that Stock Car racing was a huge money maker.
Who knows ?
It would be good to see the Bulls back in the big time but, they would be queue jumping here and it's not right.
Clubs like Leigh, Fev, Toulouse, London have all consistently been in the running for promotion and for them to be overlooked by some "dodgy" appraisal, frankly, disgusts me. :evil: .

About £500,000 to merely do enough to get the doors open for either sport apparently.
It would be good to see a stable Bradford side that earns our place in superleague, but I agree that at the moment we are not close - we've not proved to be stable over any length of time, we're not currently in Bradford and we're not next in line on the pitch. So if this all designed just to get a remembered version of the 2003 Bulls back in, don't worry, plenty of Bulls fans will also be pretty disgusted. And if its our away fans the other chairmen are after (how ridiculous is that as a standard to aim for btw) I suspect most will be disappointed (probably not uncle Gary though).

My choice would be Toulouse, but I have a horrible sinking feeling I know where this ends up, hope I'm wrong.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2794
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 16 201311 years264th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Jun 23 08:5718th Jun 23 08:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 12th team for Superleague : Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:09 pm  
The more I read, *especially now with this Stock Car story*, the more I believe there has been plotting & scheming between the RFL & SLE to 'force' the return of Bradford to Super League.

Taking all aspects into account that we know of from convenient criteria to Stock Car stories, I can't help but think that the withdrawal of Toronto, their demise & Covid 19 have created the perfect storm , a convenient set of circumstances in which SLE & the RFL can force through Bulls return under the pretence of mini licensing !!!

I am keen to know, and I wonder if, at some point in the future it will transpire that this has been Odsal Gate 2 ?

Q. This £500,000 , a cool half million, just to open the doors & the shared costs of that, will an amount come from the RFL, being that they stand to benefit from having 2 paying tenants ? If so & there has been a collusion to push through Bulls at the expense of more able & qualified clubs then this has the potential to split rugby league wide open & create the beginning of the end !

Q. Exactly how much does stock car racing make ?
Q. Do the Bradford Bulls & Mr Stock Cars have a spare £250,000 each or any combination creating £500K ?
Q. Will the RFL be using any of the £16 Million & further £12 Million Government Loan to fund Odsal Gate 2 ?
Q. Does the financial involvement of former RFL & IRLF supremo Fat Nige in Bradford Bulls cause concerns that there has been collusion to benefit his investment via the old boys network & call into question the validity of this selection process ?

I have to give special credit to Bradford fans here. From what I have seen so far, all if not the vast majority have asked that Bradford be not unfairly favoured for the benefit of a few deluded chairmen & RFL/SLE plebs !!!

Time will tell if this is another sham.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator8081
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 02 200222 years90th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th May 24 08:3413th Apr 24 19:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
//www.twitter.com/pumpetypump

Re: 12th team for Superleague : Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:21 pm  
Ste100Centurions wrote:
I have to give special credit to Bradford fans here. From what I have seen so far, all if not the vast majority have asked that Bradford be not unfairly favoured for the benefit of a few deluded chairmen & RFL/SLE plebs !!!

Thank you. We know we aren't the most deserving of the applicants, and whilst we of course want to see us in the top flight again, none of us want to shaft the rest of you, and nor do we want to keep being used as the playthings of 3rd parties.

I've always hoped that the whole community would begin to see just how bent the misfortune of Bradford and the stadium saga has been. I don't know if we'll ever get to the bottom of it all, but from the inexplicable appointment of the bidders with the lowest wealth, to the bizarre dealings with odsal, something has always seemed a little off.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 16 20194 years212th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Mar 22 22:181st Feb 22 08:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 12th team for Superleague : Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:33 am  
Duckman wrote:

It would be good to see a stable Bradford side that earns our place in superleague,

My choice would be Toulouse, but I have a horrible sinking feeling I know where this ends up, hope I'm wrong.

Bulls are the favourites because of the multi-thousands fanbase that's likely to return and follow the club at Odsal and to other grounds. The fans will earn them their place.

Adding Toulouse will put how many French fans onto the terraces and into the seats of the clubs?

Not sure of what advantages they would bring as likeable a club as they are?

After Toulouse are we then looking for Avignon 2022??
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 16 20194 years212th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Mar 22 22:181st Feb 22 08:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 12th team for Superleague : Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:37 am  
Pumpetypump wrote:
Thank you. We know we aren't the most deserving of the applicants, and whilst we of course want to see us in the top flight again, none of us want to shaft the rest of you, .

If you go round the grounds in your thousands paying on the day and buying the booze and food then I cannot see a single director of the host clubs thinking your shafting them??
Binosh 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach831
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 19 200519 years287th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th May 24 19:073rd May 24 16:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 12th team for Superleague : Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:16 am  
Bradford have already been given the nod, this has been ongoing for months, a joint venture between SL, RFL and Stock Cars will see the refurbishment of Odsal.

The 1 million central funding will be split between squad and ground improvements.

At the end of 2021 Bradford will be “locked in” without fear of relegation. They know they will finish bottom this year but will see it as a period of bedding back in.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17889
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years48th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 24 06:3611th May 24 13:46LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 12th team for Superleague : Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:18 am  
Ste100Centurions wrote:
The more I read, *especially now with this Stock Car story*, the more I believe there has been plotting & scheming between the RFL & SLE to 'force' the return of Bradford to Super League.

Taking all aspects into account that we know of from convenient criteria to Stock Car stories, I can't help but think that the withdrawal of Toronto, their demise & Covid 19 have created the perfect storm , a convenient set of circumstances in which SLE & the RFL can force through Bulls return under the pretence of mini licensing !!!

I am keen to know, and I wonder if, at some point in the future it will transpire that this has been Odsal Gate 2 ?

Q. This £500,000 , a cool half million, just to open the doors & the shared costs of that, will an amount come from the RFL, being that they stand to benefit from having 2 paying tenants ? If so & there has been a collusion to push through Bulls at the expense of more able & qualified clubs then this has the potential to split rugby league wide open & create the beginning of the end !

Q. Exactly how much does stock car racing make ?
Q. Do the Bradford Bulls & Mr Stock Cars have a spare £250,000 each or any combination creating £500K ?
Q. Will the RFL be using any of the £16 Million & further £12 Million Government Loan to fund Odsal Gate 2 ?
Q. Does the financial involvement of former RFL & IRLF supremo Fat Nige in Bradford Bulls cause concerns that there has been collusion to benefit his investment via the old boys network & call into question the validity of this selection process ?

The question about whether any of the £16 million loan has been used to open up this venture, would indeed be interesting.
IF and it 's a big IF, the re opening of Odsal was funded using some of the loan, to facilitate stock car racing, while other RL clubs go to the wall, it would be the ultimate mickey take.
At this point in time, nothing would be a surprise.

This isn't going to end well and DB at Leigh, plus the other chairmen are going to be severely hacked of if/when the Bulls get the green light.
I take on board what some of the Bulls fans on here have said but, their comments seem to be the opposite of what is coming out of the club and what appears to be happening.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4035
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 07 200617 years312th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 12th team for Superleague : Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:18 pm  
Donnyman wrote:
Bulls are the favourites because of the multi-thousands fanbase that's likely to return and follow the club at Odsal and to other grounds. The fans will earn them their place.

Adding Toulouse will put how many French fans onto the terraces and into the seats of the clubs?

Not sure of what advantages they would bring as likeable a club as they are?

After Toulouse are we then looking for Avignon 2022??

Well, as one of the Bradford northern and then bulls fans who has followed the club far and wide, I can tell you that if I think we've been unfairly shoved in because of our away support I for one won't be attending any away match. Also, if we go up, we're going to spend the season getting smashed, and that will probably mean a few hundred away fans for the most part (If there are away fans allowed at all) and I would be amazed if we averaged over 6k at odsal or 4/5k at Dews if we're losing every week. They'll be enough of us who turn up no matter what at home, but there has been so many years of mismanagement and disappointment that it's really eaten away at the potential for quick growth and recovery of the fan base. We need either trust in the running of the club or success on the pitch (or more likely a mix of both) to start regrowing the crowd, neither is apparent to me yet.

I think Toulouse if we're still going for geographical expansion, If we're not then it should probably be fev or Leigh ahead of the bulls.

I desperately want my bulls back in super League, but only when we have earned it on the pitch and are playing in Bradford .
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4035
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 07 200617 years312th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 12th team for Superleague : Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:30 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:
...I take on board what some of the Bulls fans on here have said but, their comments seem to be the opposite of what is coming out of the club and what appears to be happening.

Yep. that's because the people making the decisions aren't the fans who have lived and suffered all the nonsense of the past 10 years. I have asked the club if they are going to consult the fans to ask if we even want this but didn't get an answer. It feels like desicions are being made behind closed doors again and it stinks , hope im wrong...
PreviousNext