WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Ian Watson
Re: Ian Watson Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:43 am  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 14525
wrencat1873 wrote:
Salford appear to be under severe financial pressure, which negates any good will that may have been accrued.
I agree that Salford wouldn't get rid but, there is certainly more financial stability at Huddersfield.

I genuinely worry for Salford

Yeah true. If he's seen late wages on the horizon (and I'm not saying they are) then I can definitely see why he would jump. That theory probably makes the most sense actually when you combine it with them losing MK and that missed payment. I know people had the debate on here whether they could/should have loaned players to fulfil the Warrington fixture as well. Maybe the reason they didn't was monetary rather than COVID bubbles/them not being in condition to step in.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Ian Watson Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:16 pm  
The Devil's Advocate User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:09 pm
Posts: 3777
Location: In the seaside town ...that they forgot to bomb
That's sickening news for Salford fans, didn't he recently say he was staying?

I can understand him moving to Huddersfield rather than Hull, logistically obviously, but the treatment of Radford will stick in the memory for some time.
The E.R.G. - The real enemies of the people.
Re: Ian Watson Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:36 pm  

User avatarsnowie wrote:
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
Posts: 20701
The Devil's Advocate wrote:
That's sickening news for Salford fans, didn't he recently say he was staying?

I can understand him moving to Huddersfield rather than Hull, logistically obviously, but the treatment of Radford will stick in the memory for some time.
maybe the public humilation on TV being sacked yes but hell he had sufficient funds to play with and 6 years too to do it in
click on this link to give support for the stadium application

https://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/onlin ... 7D2QQJOS00

the club needs you
Re: Ian Watson Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:44 pm  
Riderofthepalehorse User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:43 am
Posts: 3603
Location: Kingston upon Hull
snowie wrote:
maybe the public humilation on TV being sacked yes but hell he had sufficient funds to play with and 6 years too to do it in


Think Radders, had a bit longer than that Snowie lad,
Re: Ian Watson Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:46 pm  

Dave K. wrote:
Dave K. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:48 am
Posts: 19989
Location: Back in Hull.
snowie wrote:
maybe the public humilation on TV being sacked yes but hell he had sufficient funds to play with and 6 years too to do it in


People seem to forget this, if anything Pearson was too loyal to Radford, backed him when most wanted him sacked.
Re: Ian Watson Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:47 pm  
Yippee try yay Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:46 pm
Posts: 37
And something fans of other clubs can't seem to process is radford wasn't sacked on TV
Re: Ian Watson Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:05 pm  
Fantastic Mr Catpiss 100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:35 pm
Posts: 37182
Dave K. wrote:
People seem to forget this, if anything Pearson was too loyal to Radford, backed him when most wanted him sacked.

Could have sacked him after any of the kicking by warrington
Re: Ian Watson Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:34 am  

Donnyman wrote:
Donnyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:28 am
Posts: 1760
Grimmy wrote:
Yeah true. If he's seen late wages on the horizon (and I'm not saying they are) then I can definitely see why he would jump. That theory probably makes the most sense actually when you combine it with them losing MK and that missed payment. I know people had the debate on here whether they could/should have loaned players to fulfil the Warrington fixture as well. Maybe the reason they didn't was monetary rather than COVID bubbles/them not being in condition to step in.


The club failed on their CVA agreement to incur such a penalty that appears to have been suspended for some years, probably because that could have seen salford's downfall. The club has now received the penalty timed so that it hasn't interfered with what has been a great season, and won't therefore interfere next season.

If Watson can sustain a club with little money, in SL, and take a club in serious debt with no significant financial backers to two finals then he now owes it to himself to try his hand at a club where I suspect money may not be a problem at all. I also suspect Watson stuck with Salford and pulled out all the stops because he was a Salford lad.

He has left them on a high, absolutely the right time to go. His New boss Ken Davey is 80 next year and is sat on a spare £75,000,000***

***** Somehow Covid failed to steal all Mr. Daveys money, like it stole poor Mr, Argyle's money :lol: .
Re: Ian Watson Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:22 am  

User avatarSaddened! wrote:
Saddened! User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:52 pm
Posts: 28243
Location: Warrington
wrencat1873 wrote:
Salford appear to be under severe financial pressure, which negates any good will that may have been accrued.
I agree that Salford wouldn't get rid but, there is certainly more financial stability at Huddersfield.

I genuinely worry for Salford


I do too. It amazed me that they were still kicking about after Marwan departed and I suspect they wouldn't have been without him still gifting them cash. Covid has just ramped that up massively and it does make me wonder if Watson leaving wasn't any particular interest in Huddersfield but rather him just jumping from a sinking ship.

Have Huddersfield announced Watson yet? If not, the Warrington job looks a possibility for him. Price must be under severe pressure now after another embarrassing play off exit.
Re: Ian Watson Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:51 pm  
MorePlaymakersNeeded Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:51 am
Posts: 2462
Saddened! wrote:
I do too. It amazed me that they were still kicking about after Marwan departed and I suspect they wouldn't have been without him still gifting them cash. Covid has just ramped that up massively and it does make me wonder if Watson leaving wasn't any particular interest in Huddersfield but rather him just jumping from a sinking ship.

Have Huddersfield announced Watson yet? If not, the Warrington job looks a possibility for him. Price must be under severe pressure now after another embarrassing play off exit.


Are the good folk of WA9 not calling for Woolf's head after your embarrassing defeat to Wigan?
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Donnyman, ducknumber1, LyndsayGill, The Devil's Advocate, Wildthing and 118 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,116,6061,23678,4214,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X