WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Jon Wilkin agrees with what I have been saying for years

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Jon Wilkin agrees with what I have been saying for years

Steph Curry wrote:
Steph Curry Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Years in existence and average attendance

Leigh Centurions - 100+ years / Circa 3k
Wakefield Wildcats - 100+ years / Circa 4k
Toronto Wolfpack - 3 years / 9k

User avatarsnowie wrote:
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

don't know how many WUM of the week awards your after but you can add another,

the guys had too many head shots and he's a bit upset that his mercenary team hasn't paid him for months so he either needs to put his money where his mouth is or simply all they have to do is go make your own mini league of the richest clubs in the league and see how long it lasts without us minnows

happy now Stephanie :)

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Steph Curry wrote:
https://www.totalrl.com/weakest-performing-clubs-allowed-to-dictate-rugby-league-says-wilkin/

If he'd stayed with or, moved to, on of RL's less fashionable clubs, he may just have been paid ?
Let's blame Cas & Trinity for Toronto going bust shall we and what was the vote again ? :SHOOT:

User avatarMild Rover wrote:
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

He says the democratic vote should be weighted in favour of people who invest more money. So a plutocratic approach.
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.

wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Mild Rover wrote:
He says the democratic vote should be weighted in favour of people who invest more money. So a plutocratic approach.

The big clubs already have more influence over the game.
Mr Elstone loves Wigan and Saints and wouldn't do anything to upset either of them (understatement).

In Kevin Keegan style, I would love to see a Hull v Catalan final - I know this wont happen but, it may just remind some, that RL is a sport and not a bean counting excercise.

Mike1970 wrote:
Mike1970 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Mild Rover wrote:

It made me shake my head when I read it. He clearly doesn’t understand democracy.

User avatarCokey wrote:
Cokey User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
Steph Curry wrote:
https://www.totalrl.com/weakest-performing-clubs-allowed-to-dictate-rugby-league-says-wilkin/

Years? Now then, how many usernames is that? :THINK:

Kevs Head wrote:
Kevs Head Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

“John Wilkin agrees with what I have been saying for years”.
You say, ‘Great minds think alike’.
I say, ‘Fools seldom differ’.

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

wrencat1873 wrote:
The big clubs already have more influence over the game.
Mr Elstone loves Wigan and Saints and wouldn't do anything to upset either of them (understatement).

In Kevin Keegan style, I would love to see a Hull v Catalan final - I know this wont happen but, it may just remind some, that RL is a sport and not a bean counting excercise.

Even as a Wigan fan, I agree that a new name on the trophy can only help the game

wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Egg Chasing wrote:
Even as a Wigan fan, I agree that a new name on the trophy can only help the game

I agree.

Going back to Wlikin's comments.
It is Saints Wigan and Leeds that drive the agenda for SL and the direction of travel for the game as a whole and Wilkin, although theoretically a Toronto player, is guilty of hypocrisy of the highest order.
Ultimately, without some decent roots, any "satellite" club is doomed to fail and for all their big spend, Toronto did very, very little to put down any roots.
I realise that they had relatively little time but, there was great publicity on their "search for a star" tour and that made plenty of noise about converting "football" cast offs but, there was NOTHING to show for this and it proved to be nothing more than a publicity stunt - really disappointing.
Next