JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years49th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Apr 24 18:2314th Apr 24 09:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Kendall disgrace : Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am  
Ultimately, even though Hull seemed hard done by, particularly in the first half, they made too many mistakes and the Pies defence deserves some credit. It was outstanding and on a whole different level to Wire last week.

The better side won no question
RankPostsTeam
International Star4469
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20 201311 years89th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Sep 23 17:4931st Aug 23 13:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Kendall disgrace : Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:31 am  
Fantastic Mr Catpiss wrote:
hardaker was offside for that knock on, he was in front of french.

As a Wigan fan I thought we got away with one there. I thought it should have been a penalty to Hull if anything.

Over on our board we have a guy who clarified the rule as:

Hardaker is offside from French's knock on but pushing him denies him the opportunity to get onside and defend. If he isn't pushed over there then maybe he gets onside and tackles Mau into touch (so would go back to Hull turnover for French's knock on). More likely he would have dived on the ball and given up the offside penalty if the officials picked it up (there's about 3 metres in it so I suspect they might have gone with the safer call of a Hull play the ball if that had happened).

Even if he isn't pushed over and does dive on the ball, you need more than that to be a professional foul. There's about 3 metres between where French knocks on and Hardaker would have picked it up, too quick for the ref to tell him he's offside, and three defenders in the area who may prevent a try (French, Hardaker, Bibby). To bin someone for a professional foul you want something a lot more clear cut that no one can argue with (e.g if Bibby had tackled Faraimo off the ball before he caught the final pass back inside that would be a pro foul).

I disagree with it still, but that's the ruling.

The head pat has been given as a penalty plenty of times especially if it causes the melee that it caused last night. A deserved penalty.

Strange how the commentary team felt it was ok this week, but not when Brad Singleton shouted at (no contact made) Regan Grace the other week.
Last edited by Egg Chasing on Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator39349
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 01 200222 years13th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 21:3815th Apr 24 14:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Kendall disgrace : Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:59 am  
Egg Chasing wrote:
As a Wigan fan I thought we got away with one there. I thought it should have been a penalty to Hull if anything.

Over on our board we have a guy who is a qualified official and he clarified the rule as:

Hardaker is offside from French's knock on but pushing him denies him the opportunity to get onside and defend. If he isn't pushed over there then maybe he gets onside and tackles Mau into touch (so would go back to Hull turnover for French's knock on). More likely he would have dived on the ball and given up the offside penalty if the officials picked it up (there's about 3 metres in it so I suspect they might have gone with the safer call of a Hull play the ball if that had happened).

Even if he isn't pushed over and does dive on the ball, you need more than that to be a professional foul. There's about 3 metres between where French knocks on and Hardaker would have picked it up, too quick for the ref to tell him he's offside, and three defenders in the area who may prevent a try (French, Hardaker, Bibby). To bin someone for a professional foul you want something a lot more clear cut that no one can argue with (e.g if Bibby had tackled Faraimo off the ball before he caught the final pass back inside that would be a pro foul).

I disagree with it still, but that's the ruling.

The head pat has been given as a penalty plenty of times especially if it causes the melee that it caused last night. A deserved penalty.

Strange how the commentary team felt it was ok this week, but not when Brad Singleton shouted at (no contact made) Regan Grace the other week.

typical sky though, stuff they spend hours crying about previously gets forgotten about later. Its the same thing with players getting caught wrong side of the ruck in front of the DH, it started happening again this year, players are stepping up and forwards instead of going back as it was amended last season. Sky haven't mentioned it once.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 07 200717 years218th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Oct 23 16:277th Mar 23 15:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????

Re: Kendall disgrace : Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:07 am  
I love this fascination about referees .

“We lost because of the ref”.

I wanted Hull to win.

I really don’t want Wigan to win SL.

Some of the 50 /50 calls went against Hull

BUT

Wigan were by some distance the best team.

They dominated Hull in the forwards and that meant they dominated the game. In general the dominant team tend to get the calls.

Just get on with it and I hope Saints beat Catalans ( and I am only saying that because I cannot see Catalans beating Wigan in the final Otherwise would be supporting Catalan).
RankPostsTeam
International Star4469
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20 201311 years89th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Sep 23 17:4931st Aug 23 13:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Kendall disgrace : Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:13 am  
Durham Giant wrote:
I really don’t want Wigan to win SL.

Saints will win it IMO
RankPostsTeam
International Star7006No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 25 201113 years150th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 20:5415th Apr 24 11:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Kendall disgrace : Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:13 am  
Griffin call was 100% correct. Utter stupidity and cost his team.

It wasn't like he forced an error, and gently tapped the player who knocked-on while mouthing off at him.

He ran in from other side of the field, barged passed multiple players and then bopped a player on the head, who hadn't even knocked on, multiple times.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7731
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years81st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 21:5715th Apr 24 11:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Signature
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club

Re: Kendall disgrace : Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:33 am  
Fantastic Mr Catpiss wrote:
typical sky though, stuff they spend hours crying about previously gets forgotten about later. Its the same thing with players getting caught wrong side of the ruck in front of the DH, it started happening again this year, players are stepping up and forwards instead of going back as it was amended last season. Sky haven't mentioned it once.

Correct
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17880
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years49th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Apr 24 18:2314th Apr 24 09:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Kendall disgrace : Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:04 am  
Egg Chasing wrote:

The head pat has been given as a penalty plenty of times especially if it causes the melee that it caused last night. A deserved penalty .

Are you saying that, if the Wigan players dot react to the head pat, it would have been Hull ball, therefore rewarding the Wigan side for kicking off ??

The ref should have told Griffin to calm down and carried on with the game.

How many times do you see something similar plus, very obvious sledging (when an opposition player makes a mistake.
Are we now saying that if a melee ensues, the "error" will actually get the defending side a penalty ?
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29200No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 10 200321 years95th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Apr 24 11:4411th Apr 24 11:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Kendall disgrace : Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:04 am  
Kendall's last two games have been terrible, there is no getting away from that. He was put in a ridiculous position being given the game so soon after making two absolute howlers in the Catalans v Leeds game. Not seeing the headshot as a penalty is inexcusable, McIllorum has punched him square in the face and he's not seen it. There's blood pumping from his nose and mouth and still he doesn't compute that maybe the tackle caused it. But they give him the game anyway, which is a common RFL trait unfortunately. It just puts him under an unacceptable level of pressure. It was a similar situation to Hicks being given the Challenge Cup final last year. ITV aired the piece about his death threats from Warrington fans, so they give him the final to support him. Again put under incredible pressure he cracked. Similarly last night Kendall spent the first half panicking and making rash and often incorrect decisions. There were some absolutely farcical passes last night, one in the build up to the drop goal at the end of the first half was right in front of him and couldn't have been more blatant.

There are quite a list of minor decisions he got wrong last night and the head patting incident is the big topic of debate today. I'm fine with that being a penalty, but where is the consistency? Singleton against Saints was in one of those overly fired up moods and was goading Saints and slapping backs and heads whenever we made an error. Never considered a penalty then, but is because Wigan all steam in for a fight. He's penalising Hull not for the head pat which they'd get away with, but for Wigan's retaliation. Had they not reacted, there's no penalty. It's wrong and all caused by referees not being consistent.

Who gets the final will have a big say on who wins it this year. Kendall suits Wigan to a tee. He doesn't police the 10 at all and high shots need to be full on Ultimate Warrior efforts to be given. If Catalans make the final it's just a thug-fest and a brawl. If Saints get there they need a referee who will keep the 10 a 10 as per the rules and not a 5 as it was allowed to be last night. I got plenty of bitter shouts on Twitter for saying that, but it's not bitterness. I'm fine with Wigan winning it if they're the best team, but their defensive success recently isn't based on anything more than moving way before the ball is played, and Kendall ignores that. And it seems he's given all of Wigan's games recently.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29248
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 21:2615th Apr 24 14:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Kendall disgrace : Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:10 am  
wrencat1873 wrote:
Are you saying that, if the Wigan players dot react to the head pat, it would have been Hull ball, therefore rewarding the Wigan side for kicking off ??

The ref should have told Griffin to calm down and carried on with the game.

How many times do you see something similar plus, very obvious sledging (when an opposition player makes a mistake.
Are we now saying that if a melee ensues, the "error" will actually get the defending side a penalty ?

He blew for the penalty as soon as he did it and before it kicked off, so it doesn’t matter if there was a blow up after it.

How anybody can think that isn’t a penalty is beyond me and all this bol*ocks that he ‘rubbed’ or ‘tapped’ him on the head is just that. He was giving him a fair old whack or 4 on top of his head. If somebody does that to you in the street I don’t think you’d be best pleased yourself.

The big question as ever is ‘do we play to a different set of rules because it’s Wigan?’ It’s kicked up a huge fuss on here and let’s not beat around the bush, it’s because it’s involving Wigan. Had Partington done that to Griffin and it was penalised, the ref gets applauded and this thread has hardly any replies. It’s the same old story on here which is amusing to say the least.
PreviousNext