RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Magic Weekend
Re: Magic Weekend Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:20 am  

Donnyman wrote:
Donnyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:28 am
Posts: 2117
dickie mint wrote:
West end tinker does not have any friends apart from the odd PM from steph curry, therefore cannot begin to understand your enjoyment of the experience of a magic weekend, he does though have other highlights which he looks forward to, his main one being antagonistic to posters on here.


Absolutely agree with that and the other poster quoted just throws insults. I'm sure most genuine posters agree, and we may get more genuine posters and better debates if we didn't get insulted all the time by whoever it is......
Re: Magic Weekend Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:27 am  

Donnyman wrote:
Donnyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:28 am
Posts: 2117
Mike1970 wrote:
Us, and all our friends, love Newcastle. It’s one of the highlights of our year.


The disparaging of Newcastle was just the usual bait for angry reactions, you kept your cool nicely.....

I've been to various locations starting I think in Cardiff and that's great just to go to new places, it may be great to go to the same place if you love it.

But the matches are as another poster says even more loop fixtures.....

However it's a business and if the thing profits significantly then is that justification?

If it generates a lot of interest locally so that it benefits Newcastle Thunder and they become a big club outside the M62 that's a big prize...
Re: Magic Weekend Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:06 am  

dickie mint wrote:
dickie mint Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 11:36 pm
Posts: 569
Location: Notton
Donnyman wrote:
The disparaging of Newcastle was just the usual bait for angry reactions, you kept your cool nicely.....

I've been to various locations starting I think in Cardiff and that's great just to go to new places, it may be great to go to the same place if you love it.

But the matches are as another poster says even more loop fixtures.....

However it's a business and if the thing profits significantly then is that justification?

If it generates a lot of interest locally so that it benefits Newcastle Thunder and they become a big club outside the M62 that's a big prize...

Been to them all although only for the day as I'm not too fussed about being ripped off with the accommodation, Cardiff the best with all the variety of eateries across from the entrance, best memories were two trips to Edinburgh in a stretch Hummer with snowie, wow what a way to travel, supped the two bottles of complimentary champers before we got out of the car park.
Re: Magic Weekend Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:32 am  

User avatarCM Punk wrote:
CM Punk User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:36 pm
Posts: 7277
Location: The Midlands
Hangerman2 wrote:
Huddersfield who have never lost at Magic Weekend, yea that was an easy draw :lol:


Other than the 28-10 loss to Wigan? :lol:

It was less of a comment on the quality of the opponent, and more on the repetition of opponents. Wigan have only faced 4 teams at Magic, whereas St Helens have faced 7, Leeds 6 & Warrington 7. And despite this, Wigan are the most successful team at the Magic Weekend, followed by Huddersfield. :wink:
Wigan RLFC
Re: Magic Weekend Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:51 pm  

Mike1970 wrote:
Mike1970 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:05 pm
Posts: 301
Donnyman wrote:
The disparaging of Newcastle was just the usual bait for angry reactions, you kept your cool nicely.....

I've been to various locations starting I think in Cardiff and that's great just to go to new places, it may be great to go to the same place if you love it.

But the matches are as another poster says even more loop fixtures.....

However it's a business and if the thing profits significantly then is that justification?

If it generates a lot of interest locally so that it benefits Newcastle Thunder and they become a big club outside the M62 that's a big prize...


I can totally understand the frustration with the way the fixtures are generated.

However, for us a large part of going to matches is the social aspect. We always have a fantastic weekend in Newcastle.

Although I’m massively in favour of expansion I firmly believe it should be done in small steps.

Places like Newcastle, York and Coventry should be given a good crack. So events like the Magic Weekend help to raise the profile of the sport in those areas.
This includes the fans. Every single place I’ve been to I’ve had a conversation with locals and they never fail to be astounded that rival fans can mingle without there being trouble.
Re: Magic Weekend Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:10 pm  
Fantastic Mr Catpiss 100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:35 pm
Posts: 37569
Hangerman2 wrote:
Huddersfield who have never lost at Magic Weekend, yea that was an easy draw :lol:



2008
Re: Magic Weekend Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:12 pm  
Fantastic Mr Catpiss 100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:35 pm
Posts: 37569
CM Punk wrote:
Other than the 28-10 loss to Wigan? :lol:

It was less of a comment on the quality of the opponent, and more on the repetition of opponents. Wigan have only faced 4 teams at Magic, whereas St Helens have faced 7, Leeds 6 & Warrington 7. And despite this, Wigan are the most successful team at the Magic Weekend, followed by Huddersfield. :wink:



hey, at least you've been on telly every time, warrington were relegated to opening game of the saturday one time, in the match sky didn't televise, have a guess who the opponent was?
Re: Magic Weekend Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:13 pm  
Fantastic Mr Catpiss 100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:35 pm
Posts: 37569
CM Punk wrote:
I went to 2 of the Etihad ones, and had an enjoyable time, but as a Wigan fan I've always found we seem to be scheduled the most difficult opponent every year. We got to play Huddersfield for 1 year, but other than that we've only been drawn with St. Helens, Warrington or Leeds. I'd prefer the idea of a Challenge Cup Quarter Finals weekend, discounted tickets for season ticket holders at all the competing clubs and just pack the place out for something that'll look great on TV, ideally all games on the BBC.



i think the etihad was perfect for it, i really dont like st james park, its too tall, and feels too segregated for me.
Re: Magic Weekend Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:39 pm  
Bartholemew Smythe User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:15 pm
Posts: 12945
Location: Somewhere
Mike1970 wrote:
I can totally understand the frustration with the way the fixtures are generated.

However, for us a large part of going to matches is the social aspect. We always have a fantastic weekend in Newcastle.

Although I’m massively in favour of expansion I firmly believe it should be done in small steps.

Places like Newcastle, York and Coventry should be given a good crack. So events like the Magic Weekend help to raise the profile of the sport in those areas.
This includes the fans. Every single place I’ve been to I’ve had a conversation with locals and they never fail to be astounded that rival fans can mingle without there being trouble.

Which Stadium in York is big enough to stage the Magic weekend?
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?
Re: Magic Weekend Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:50 pm  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 6453
Bartholemew Smythe wrote:
Which Stadium in York is big enough to stage the Magic weekend?


All of them at the moment..
Image
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], wire-quin, wrencat1873 and 162 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,169,5851,80678,6306,308LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sat 19th Jun
NRL
LIVE
Newcastle10-6NZ Warriors
Fri 18th Jun
NRL RND: 15 NQL Cowboys24-26Cronulla
NRL RND: 15 Penrith32-18Sydney
SL RND: 10 Huddersfield8-9Salford
SL RND: 10 Wigan8-18Hull KR
Thu 17th Jun
NRL RND: 15 Brisbane0-46Souths
SL RND: 10 St.Helens2-6Warrington
Wed 16th Jun
SLRND: 10 Wakefield12-18Castleford
Mon 14th Jun
NRL RND: 14 Canterbury28-6St.George
Sun 13th Jun
WSL RND: 5 Hudds W8-44Wire W
NRL RND: 14 NZ Warriors16-42Melbourne
NRL RND: 14 Parramatta40-12Wests
CH RND: 9 Dewsbury12-56Toulouse
CH RND: 9 Featherstone44-0Bradford
CH RND: 9 Halifax30-6York
CH RND: 9 Swinton30-36Newcastle
CH RND: 9 Whitehaven20-24Batley
CH RND: 9 Widnes22-24LondonB
L1 RND: 6 Coventry12-30Workington
L1 RND: 6 Keighley70-12West Wales
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 14
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 14 472 178 294 24
Penrith 14 418 133 285 24
Parramatta 14 400 224 176 22
Souths 13 341 282 59 20
Sydney 13 379 223 156 18
Manly 13 315 282 33 14
 
St.George 14 299 312 -13 12
NQL Cowboys 13 264 383 -119 12
Cronulla 13 244 298 -54 10
Gold Coast 14 318 380 -62 10
Canberra 13 257 321 -64 10
NZ Warriors 13 281 347 -66 10
Wests 14 292 374 -82 10
Newcastle 14 231 366 -135 10
Brisbane 14 232 436 -204 6
Canterbury 13 162 366 -204 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 9 268 142 126 16 188.73 88.89
St.Helens 9 208 76 132 14 273.68 77.78
Wigan 9 166 154 12 14 107.79 77.78
Warrington 10 308 159 149 15 193.71 75
Hull FC 9 179 143 36 11 125.17 61.11
Hull KR 10 241 212 29 12 113.68 60
 
Castleford 10 203 244 -41 10 83.20 50
Leeds 8 150 136 14 6 110.29 37.50
Huddersfield 9 158 171 -13 6 92.40 33.33
Wakefield 10 175 249 -74 4 70.28 20
Salford 10 115 297 -182 4 38.72 20
Leigh 9 134 322 -188 0 41.61 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 7 347 70 277 14 495.71 100
Featherstone 8 306 76 230 16 402.63 100
Bradford 9 228 216 12 14 105.56 77.78
Batley 8 228 160 68 12 142.50 75
LondonB 9 226 216 10 11 104.63 61.11
Halifax 9 271 135 136 10 200.74 55.56
 
York 9 219 180 39 8 121.67 44.44
Sheffield 9 211 249 -38 8 84.74 44.44
Widnes 9 226 263 -37 7 85.93 38.89
Dewsbury 8 115 227 -112 6 50.66 37.50
Newcastle 8 168 246 -78 5 68.29 31.25
Whitehaven 9 160 278 -118 5 57.55 27.78
Oldham 9 134 330 -196 4 40.61 22.22
Swinton 9 152 345 -193 0 44.06 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 6
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 6 251 66 185 12 380.30 100
Doncaster 6 250 126 124 10 198.41 83.33
Workington 6 210 106 104 10 198.11 83.33
Keighley 6 228 147 81 6 155.10 50
Hunslet 6 146 147 -1 6 99.32 50
Coventry 5 118 144 -26 4 81.94 40
 
Rochdale 6 161 196 -35 4 82.14 33.33
Crusaders 6 122 218 -96 4 55.96 33.33
LondonS 5 114 212 -98 2 53.77 20
West Wales 6 82 320 -238 0 25.63 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 6
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 3 230 6 224 6 3,833.33 100
LeedsW 3 214 22 192 6 972.73 100
WiganW 3 158 18 140 6 877.78 100
CastlefordW 3 104 24 80 6 433.33 100
YorkW 3 76 102 -26 2 74.51 33.33
Wire W 4 86 154 -68 2 55.84 25
 
FeatherstoneW 4 74 164 -90 2 45.12 25
BradfordW 4 60 180 -120 2 33.33 25
Hudds W 4 46 222 -176 2 20.72 25
WakefieldW 3 16 172 -156 0 9.30 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X