RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Tony Clubb - Charged Grade F
::Off-topic discussion.
Re: Tony Clubb - Charged Grade F Tue May 04, 2021 7:33 pm  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 10713
8 games is shocking. Wigan should really sack him tbh.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Re: Tony Clubb - Charged Grade F Tue May 04, 2021 7:44 pm  
Dunkirk Spirit User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am
Posts: 1322
Location: Horbury, a small town in Wakefield
Lord Tony Smith wrote:
Oh look he’s guilty surprise surprise!

I’m glad he was found guilty by an independent panel, rather than the pitchfork and flaming torch brigade, that sometimes shows up on these forums.
Re: Tony Clubb - Charged Grade F Tue May 04, 2021 8:24 pm  

User avatarwire-quin wrote:
wire-quin User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:38 pm
Posts: 6933
Location: Looking for a coach that can coach
Judge says he's not a racist.
Mac out!
Re: Tony Clubb - Charged Grade F Tue May 04, 2021 8:35 pm  
nottinghamtiger Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Posts: 2821
I can not believe the statement I’ve seen from the RFL.
Two things:
1. The assertion that someone who racially abused another player is in fact not a racist. This is almost a racist comment in itself, based on the belief that racist behaviour doesn’t make someone a racist. Defending racists in this way is horrendous from the RFL.
2. The justification of racism based on the argument of “simply that on this occasion he used unacceptable language in the heat of the moment.” This is the RFL making excuses for racism.
Re: Tony Clubb - Charged Grade F Tue May 04, 2021 8:39 pm  
Lord Tony Smith User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:14 pm
Posts: 9192
Location: Warrington
Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
I’m glad he was found guilty by an independent panel, rather than the pitchfork and flaming torch brigade, that sometimes shows up on these forums.

Sometimes it helps to read the room.
Re: Tony Clubb - Charged Grade F Tue May 04, 2021 9:12 pm  

Airlie Street User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 3:43 pm
Posts: 311
nottinghamtiger wrote:
I can not believe the statement I’ve seen from the RFL.
Two things:
1. The assertion that someone who racially abused another player is in fact not a racist. This is almost a racist comment in itself, based on the belief that racist behaviour doesn’t make someone a racist. Defending racists in this way is horrendous from the RFL.
2. The justification of racism based on the argument of “simply that on this occasion he used unacceptable language in the heat of the moment.” This is the RFL making excuses for racism.


You do know the panel is independent and not the RFL right?
Re: Tony Clubb - Charged Grade F Tue May 04, 2021 9:22 pm  
nottinghamtiger Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Posts: 2821
Airlie Street wrote:
You do know the panel is independent and not the RFL right?


Wouldn’t you consider the statement to be the RFL’s, given it’s on their website and they’ve released it?
Re: Tony Clubb - Charged Grade F Tue May 04, 2021 9:37 pm  
Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:53 pm
Posts: 6580
Did Clubb admit it? It’s not clear from the report.
Re: Tony Clubb - Charged Grade F Tue May 04, 2021 9:45 pm  
Dunkirk Spirit User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am
Posts: 1322
Location: Horbury, a small town in Wakefield
Lord Tony Smith wrote:
Sometimes it helps to read the room.

I would prefer the court room decide as il this case, this Judge made his decision.

In reaching its decision the tribunal, chaired by His Honour Judge Guy Kearl QC, considered submissions from both players and clubs, the match official’s report, broadcast footage and character references.
We have considered the evidence of both players and the circumstances surrounding the allegation and find that we are reasonably satisfied, taking into account the seriousness of the charge, that the words were said, albeit in the heat of the moment, but nevertheless were said.

“They do constitute unacceptable language based on [a player’s] racial and ethnic origin and therefore we find that this was serious misconduct which has brought the game into disrepute.

“On the other hand we have considered the character references placed before us by Wigan Warriors from those who know [Tony Clubb] well at the club. We do not find that he is a racist, simply that on this occasion he used unacceptable language in the heat of the moment.
Re: Tony Clubb - Charged Grade F Tue May 04, 2021 10:16 pm  

puroresu_boy wrote:
puroresu_boy Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 565
Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
I would prefer the court room decide as il this case, this Judge made his decision.

In reaching its decision the tribunal, chaired by His Honour Judge Guy Kearl QC, considered submissions from both players and clubs, the match official’s report, broadcast footage and character references.
We have considered the evidence of both players and the circumstances surrounding the allegation and find that we are reasonably satisfied, taking into account the seriousness of the charge, that the words were said, albeit in the heat of the moment, but nevertheless were said.

“They do constitute unacceptable language based on [a player’s] racial and ethnic origin and therefore we find that this was serious misconduct which has brought the game into disrepute.

“On the other hand we have considered the character references placed before us by Wigan Warriors from those who know [Tony Clubb] well at the club. We do not find that he is a racist, simply that on this occasion he used unacceptable language in the heat of the moment.


Lol

I've never used racist or bigoted language in the heat of the moment as guess what I'm not a racist or a bigot.

Tony clubb may not be a member of the BNP but the fact still remains that for someone to use such language clearly feels that language is not offensive.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 63 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,170,18695078,6316,308LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sun 20th Jun
CH
LIVE
Dewsbury24-68Featherstone
CH
LIVE
LondonB46-12Whitehaven
CH
LIVE
Newcastle40-6Oldham
CH
LIVE
Swinton4-34Halifax
CH
LIVE
Widnes30-20Sheffield
CH
LIVE
York20-22Batley
L1
LIVE
Workington34-28Rochdale
L1
LIVE
Hunslet16-18Doncaster
NRL
LIVE
Parramatta36-10Canterbury
NRL
LIVE
Gold Coast24-56Manly
WSL
LIVE
BradfordW10-42LeedsW
WSL
LIVE
WiganW22-8CastlefordW
WSL
LIVE
Wire W52-14WakefieldW
WSL
LIVE
YorkW24-0St.HelensW
Sat 19th Jun
L1 RND: 7 West Wales10-60Crusaders
L1 RND: 7 LondonS14-24Barrow
NRL RND: 15 Newcastle10-6NZ Warriors
NRL RND: 15 St.George22-20Canberra
NRL RND: 15 Melbourne66-16Wests
SL RND: 10 Leigh22-64Hull FC
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 14
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 14 472 178 294 24
Penrith 14 418 133 285 24
Parramatta 14 400 224 176 22
Souths 13 341 282 59 20
Sydney 13 379 223 156 18
Manly 13 315 282 33 14
 
St.George 14 299 312 -13 12
NQL Cowboys 13 264 383 -119 12
Cronulla 13 244 298 -54 10
Gold Coast 14 318 380 -62 10
Canberra 13 257 321 -64 10
NZ Warriors 13 281 347 -66 10
Wests 14 292 374 -82 10
Newcastle 14 231 366 -135 10
Brisbane 14 232 436 -204 6
Canterbury 13 162 366 -204 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 9 268 142 126 16 188.73 88.89
St.Helens 9 208 76 132 14 273.68 77.78
Wigan 9 166 154 12 14 107.79 77.78
Warrington 10 308 159 149 15 193.71 75
Hull FC 10 243 165 78 13 147.27 65
Hull KR 10 241 212 29 12 113.68 60
 
Castleford 10 203 244 -41 10 83.20 50
Leeds 8 150 136 14 6 110.29 37.50
Huddersfield 9 158 171 -13 6 92.40 33.33
Wakefield 10 175 249 -74 4 70.28 20
Salford 10 115 297 -182 4 38.72 20
Leigh 10 156 386 -230 0 40.41 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 7 347 70 277 14 495.71 100
Featherstone 9 374 100 274 18 374 100
Batley 9 250 180 70 14 138.89 77.78
Bradford 9 228 216 12 14 105.56 77.78
LondonB 10 272 228 44 13 119.30 65
Halifax 10 305 139 166 12 219.42 60
 
Widnes 10 256 283 -27 9 90.46 45
York 10 239 202 37 8 118.32 40
Sheffield 10 231 279 -48 8 82.80 40
Newcastle 9 208 252 -44 7 82.54 38.89
Dewsbury 9 139 295 -156 6 47.12 33.33
Whitehaven 10 172 324 -152 5 53.09 25
Oldham 10 140 370 -230 4 37.84 20
Swinton 10 156 379 -223 0 41.16 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 6
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 6 251 66 185 12 380.30 100
Doncaster 6 250 126 124 10 198.41 83.33
Workington 6 210 106 104 10 198.11 83.33
Keighley 6 228 147 81 6 155.10 50
Hunslet 6 146 147 -1 6 99.32 50
Coventry 5 118 144 -26 4 81.94 40
 
Rochdale 6 161 196 -35 4 82.14 33.33
Crusaders 6 122 218 -96 4 55.96 33.33
LondonS 5 114 212 -98 2 53.77 20
West Wales 6 82 320 -238 0 25.63 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 6
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
LeedsW 4 256 32 224 8 800 100
WiganW 4 180 26 154 8 692.31 100
St.HelensW 4 230 30 200 6 766.67 75
CastlefordW 4 112 46 66 6 243.48 75
YorkW 4 100 102 -2 4 98.04 50
Wire W 5 138 168 -30 4 82.14 40
 
FeatherstoneW 4 74 164 -90 2 45.12 25
Hudds W 4 46 222 -176 2 20.72 25
BradfordW 5 70 222 -152 2 31.53 20
WakefieldW 4 30 224 -194 0 13.39 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X