RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Odsal
Re: Odsal Fri May 14, 2021 7:36 am  

User avatarPumpetypump wrote:
Pumpetypump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:55 pm
Posts: 7637
Location: LS9

We were told that maintenance just to keep the dump safe was £350k per annum. Now whether that's true or not I couldn't say, but the issue of affordability has never really been about rent which is pretty tiny.
Re: Odsal Fri May 14, 2021 8:38 am  
Huddersfield1895 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:08 am
Posts: 1719
Pumpetypump wrote:
We were told that maintenance just to keep the dump safe was £350k per annum. Now whether that's true or not I couldn't say, but the issue of affordability has never really been about rent which is pretty tiny.

What ever it is the cost of maintenance will go up every year.That's a given
For me from the outside looking in i can't see how the Bulls can afford to return to Odsal the the near future as i can't see where the money will come from as it wasn't there before, not unless there is a sugar daddy waiting in the wings which obviously i wouldn't be aware of.
Re: Odsal Fri May 14, 2021 8:42 am  
Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:53 pm
Posts: 6604
Pumpetypump wrote:
We were told that maintenance just to keep the dump safe was £350k per annum. Now whether that's true or not I couldn't say, but the issue of affordability has never really been about rent which is pretty tiny.



That maintenance cost was being shouldered solely by the club under the previous deal. Maybe a new deal would share that out between the various stakeholders ie. council, Bulls, that stock car racing bloke and RFL? Let’s be honest the twisted tale of our largest shareholder’s involvement with the club before and after him leaving the RFL is pretty murky.

Getting it up to a safe standard (safe not necessarily decent) won’t be an issue as that’s being taken care of by the stock car promotors that have been carrying out work there.

It may also be motivated by the news yesterday that Kirklees council have only been allowed to allow 700 fans to return to Tetley’s stadium after COVID.

Either way as someone who has had great memories from watching games at the old girl over the last 30 years I’m not massively excited about a return “home”.
nosorożce biorą to w dupę
Re: Odsal Fri May 14, 2021 8:50 am  

User avatarvbfg wrote:
vbfg User avatar
Neither a moderator nor an admin be
Neither a moderator nor an admin be

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2001 6:06 am
Posts: 7594
Location: The People's Republic of Goatistan

Bulls4 wrote:
As very well pointed out earlier, we had interested parties, some even had money, but these were turned away mostly in part by the man who eventually got hold of the reigns. Slightly suspicious.


Precisely the moment I walked from the game entirely.

Pure chance that I hit "f" in the address bar on an old computer today and this site came up and I decided to take a nosy.

I may go to the odd non-Bradford game. I will certainly pick unreasonable fights with Welsh colleagues in my (north) Wales based employer. I will not put any money in to that club while that man is involved. When it all burns to the ground again I doubt I'll even notice.

I am very far from the only one with that view point.
When my club didn't exist it was still bigger than yours
Re: Odsal Fri May 14, 2021 8:55 am  

User avatarBullseye wrote:
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 30216
Location: The Corridor of Uncertainty
The club has always struggled financially while it's had to pay for stadium upkeep itself. The only time it did not was 1986-2000 when the Council paid for the upkeep. It's no coincidence that the club's fortunes went downhill fairly quickly after the re-development fell through in 2002/3.

One thing that always puzzled me was Chalmers saying how unaffordable Odsal was when he was quite clearly spending nothing on it - but I suppose he didn't have two brass farthings to rub together when Wood approved his application sio he was never able to spend anything.

Things behind the scenes are more unclear than ever and I trust Wood about as far as I could throw him but he must know whether a move back to Odsal is affordable or not. I just hope it's not predicated on yet another poop or bust tilt at SL.
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Re: Odsal Fri May 14, 2021 8:56 am  

User avatarvbfg wrote:
vbfg User avatar
Neither a moderator nor an admin be
Neither a moderator nor an admin be

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2001 6:06 am
Posts: 7594
Location: The People's Republic of Goatistan

A poop from Wood will bust anything it lands on.

As evidence I submit the sport of Rugby League.
When my club didn't exist it was still bigger than yours
Re: Odsal Fri May 14, 2021 9:11 am  

M@islebugs wrote:
M@islebugs Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 2:31 pm
Posts: 1777
Huddersfield1895 wrote:
What ever it is the cost of maintenance will go up every year.That's a given
For me from the outside looking in i can't see how the Bulls can afford to return to Odsal the the near future as i can't see where the money will come from as it wasn't there before, not unless there is a sugar daddy waiting in the wings which obviously i wouldn't be aware of.


You've no idea what the cost of maintenance is. Maintenance costs go up and down depending on what needs fixing or replacing. It isn't index linked. There is only one stand and only the roof is an actual structure. The terracing is not that old.
Re: Odsal Fri May 14, 2021 9:17 am  
Huddersfield1895 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:08 am
Posts: 1719
Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza wrote:
That maintenance cost was being shouldered solely by the club under the previous deal. Maybe a new deal would share that out between the various stakeholders ie. council, Bulls, that stock car racing bloke and RFL? Let’s be honest the twisted tale of our largest shareholder’s involvement with the club before and after him leaving the RFL is pretty murky.

Getting it up to a safe standard (safe not necessarily decent) won’t be an issue as that’s being taken care of by the stock car promotors that have been carrying out work there.

It may also be motivated by the news yesterday that Kirklees council have only been allowed to allow 700 fans to return to Tetley’s stadium after COVID.

Either way as someone who has had great memories from watching games at the old girl over the last 30 years I’m not massively excited about a return “home”.

I don't see how the RFL can help the Bulls return to Odsal financially than they are already doing.
My understanding is that the rent they charged was very reasonable and the RFL being penurious i can't see how they can reduce it if the Bulls returned and certainly won't be able to help with the Maintenance costs, Nigel Wood is kidding himself if he thinks this will happen, but he could proof me wrong.
He's leaving the RFL for me raised more questions than answers
Re: Odsal Fri May 14, 2021 9:22 am  
Huddersfield1895 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:08 am
Posts: 1719
M@islebugs wrote:
You've no idea what the cost of maintenance is. Maintenance costs go up and down depending on what needs fixing or replacing. It isn't index linked. There is only one stand and only the roof is an actual structure. The terracing is not that old.

Maintenance costs never go down year on year.
If the Bulls can't afford to pay there share of maintenance costs they won't be returning to Odsal, and for the record I WANT THE BULLS TO RETURN TO ODSAL
Re: Odsal Fri May 14, 2021 11:33 am  
Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:53 pm
Posts: 6604
Huddersfield1895 wrote:
I don't see how the RFL can help the Bulls return to Odsal financially than they are already doing.
My understanding is that the rent they charged was very reasonable and the RFL being penurious i can't see how they can reduce it if the Bulls returned and certainly won't be able to help with the Maintenance costs, Nigel Wood is kidding himself if he thinks this will happen, but he could proof me wrong.
He's leaving the RFL for me raised more questions than answers


We’ve no idea what’s going on behind the scenes and being honest I’ve more faith that every single COVID contract handed out to a Tory donor or peer was above board than the shenanigans around odsal stadium.
nosorożce biorą to w dupę
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 134 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Virtual Terrace


When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sun 19th Sep
SL RND: 25 Huddersfield42-24Leigh
CH RND: 22 Bradford22-36Whitehaven
CH RND: 22 Dewsbury21-14Oldham
CH RND: 22 Featherstone78-10Sheffield
CH RND: 22 Halifax10-12Batley
CH RND: 22 Swinton16-26Widnes
CH RND: 22 York30-22LondonB
L1 RND: 22 Doncaster31-10Hunslet
WSL RND: 16 St.HelensW52-0WiganW
WSL RND: 16 YorkW28-14CastlefordW
Sat 18th Sep
NRL RND: 27 Penrith8-6Parramatta
CH RND: 22 Newcastle12-82Toulouse
L1 RND: 22 Crusaders14-28Keighley
Fri 17th Sep
SL RND: 25 Leeds36-12Hull KR
SL RND: 25 Salford26-14St.Helens
SLRND: 25 Wakefield44-12Hull FC
SL RND: 25 Wigan12-8Catalans
NRL RND: 27 Manly42-6Sydney
Thu 16th Sep
SL RND: 25 Castleford24-40Warrington
Sun 12th Sep
SLRND: 24 Leigh26-18Wakefield
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 24 815 316 499 42
Penrith 24 640 280 360 42
Souths 24 775 453 322 40
Manly 24 744 492 252 32
Sydney 24 636 475 161 32
Parramatta 24 566 457 109 30
Newcastle 24 428 571 -143 24
Gold Coast 24 568 553 15 20
 
Cronulla 24 512 556 -44 20
Canberra 24 481 578 -97 20
St.George 24 474 616 -142 16
NZ Warriors 24 453 624 -171 16
Wests 24 500 714 -214 16
Brisbane 24 446 695 -249 14
NQL Cowboys 24 460 748 -288 14
Canterbury 24 340 710 -370 6
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 23 688 398 290 38 172.86 82.61
St.Helens 21 548 229 319 32 239.30 76.19
Warrington 21 588 354 234 31 166.10 73.81
Wigan 25 387 385 2 30 100.52 60
Leeds 24 556 440 116 26 126.36 54.17
Hull KR 20 497 458 39 20 108.52 50
 
Castleford 23 439 552 -113 22 79.53 47.83
Hull FC 21 409 476 -67 17 85.92 40.48
Huddersfield 24 460 516 -56 18 89.15 37.50
Wakefield 24 482 548 -66 18 87.96 37.50
Salford 22 402 586 -184 14 68.60 31.82
Leigh 22 356 870 -514 4 40.92 9.09
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 13 616 112 504 26 550 100
Featherstone 19 817 254 563 34 321.65 94.74
Halifax 19 512 323 189 26 158.51 68.42
Bradford 18 483 455 28 24 106.15 66.67
LondonB 18 504 499 5 21 101 63.89
Batley 19 525 370 155 24 141.89 63.16
 
Whitehaven 20 447 496 -49 21 90.12 52.50
York 19 470 455 15 16 103.30 42.11
Widnes 19 458 509 -51 15 89.98 39.47
Newcastle 18 381 521 -140 13 73.13 36.11
Sheffield 18 382 553 -171 13 69.08 36.11
Dewsbury 19 308 570 -262 13 54.04 34.21
Oldham 19 270 691 -421 5 39.07 13.16
Swinton 20 354 719 -365 3 49.24 7.50
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 22
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 17 596 275 321 27 216.73 79.41
Workington 15 471 310 161 21 151.94 70
Doncaster 18 503 400 103 24 125.75 66.67
Keighley 19 640 399 241 25 160.40 65.79
Crusaders 18 553 438 115 22 126.26 61.11
Hunslet 19 572 466 106 20 122.75 52.63
 
Rochdale 17 505 488 17 17 103.48 50
Coventry 17 407 460 -53 12 88.48 35.29
LondonS 18 292 577 -285 7 50.61 19.44
West Wales 18 208 896 -688 1 23.21 2.78
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
 
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X
::::::::