Sep 26 20177 years274th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Nov 22 22:5512th Nov 22 16:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Australia and NZ withdraw from world cup : Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:02 pm  
Jack Napier wrote:
For more understandable reasons, to be fair. Being away from your family for four months, including over Christmas, is brutal.

Also worth noting that the vast majority of NRL players, do want to come here for the WC. Just the organizations that don't.

It is understandable just is any NRL player that doesn't want to go. They are going 3 months in queensland then another 7 weeks in England.

You have Melbourne storm and NZ Warriors who if go are looking at nearly 2 years away from home.

I still think the NRL could have handled it better though and had their own discussions with players and staff and determined who wants to go and who doesn't.

Crazy really that they didn't do that. Now it could be difficult as I'm not sure there are players who will publicly say they don't want represent Australia or NZ in a world cup.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1636No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 21 20213 years71st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 08:4914th Apr 24 19:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Australia and NZ withdraw from world cup : Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:43 pm  
puroresu_boy wrote:
It is understandable just is any NRL player that doesn't want to go. They are going 3 months in queensland then another 7 weeks in England.

You have Melbourne storm and NZ Warriors who if go are looking at nearly 2 years away from home.

I still think the NRL could have handled it better though and had their own discussions with players and staff and determined who wants to go and who doesn't.

Crazy really that they didn't do that. Now it could be difficult as I'm not sure there are players who will publicly say they don't want represent Australia or NZ in a world cup.

A professional sportsman should, covid aside, expect to travel to play games. We are in a once in a century situation here and the last time we had such a pandemic, global travel wasn't really an issue....in 1908, the touring Kangaroos played 45 games over a 6 month period, excluding a month at sea either way. Some of the Kangaroos missed their own Grand Final to be part of the tour.....NRL players will get time with their loved ones as the season ends before jumping on a plane to the UK to live in a bubble for 4 weeks before heading home and after 2 weeks in a hotel with internet access and other leisure facilities, they'll be home in time for Christmas.......and 100+ days before the start of their season.

The All Blacks are off to play in Washington DC, then Italy, Wales, France and Ireland later this year. The Wannabees are off to Scotland, England & Wales.......the Kiwis and Kangaroos, regardless of their supposed reasoning are going to look foolish and cowardly if they don't send teams to the RLWC.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain791
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 24 20195 years154th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 10:4720th Mar 24 10:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Australia and NZ withdraw from world cup : Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:50 pm  
puroresu_boy wrote:

They do get a bit of family time but I see your point.

As inferred though, the players aren't an issue here. Over 75% said they didn't have any concerns.

75%, at least, of NRL players being available would still make for a very strong World Cup.

As you said, the lack of discussion with the players about it is crazy. Which has led to the wide held belief that Aus and NZL are just using safety concerns as an excuse.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1636No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 21 20213 years71st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 08:4914th Apr 24 19:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Australia and NZ withdraw from world cup : Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:59 pm  
BumpyMcbump wrote:
You'd be wrong again, more false information/lies been spread

This post contains an image, if you are the copyright owner and would like this image removed then please contact support@rlfans.com
snowie 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years317th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Australia and NZ withdraw from world cup : Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:30 am  
orangeman wrote:

:CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:
This post contains an image, if you are the copyright owner and would like this image removed then please contact support@rlfans.com
Miro 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1345No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 29 200618 years312th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Dec 21 14:401st Dec 21 10:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Australia and NZ withdraw from world cup : Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:55 am  
All that space used up Snowie and not an original thought from yourself. Interesting too that the poster is a Photoshop fake, not the words of those two health care workers.
Miro 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1345No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 29 200618 years312th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Australia and NZ withdraw from world cup : Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:57 am  
orangeman wrote:
No, I am not.....and you rolling out tin foil hat bullcrap doesn't make you right either.

Quote by orangeman:
But if you have the time, figure out (or get your independent quantitative analyst to) why 2010-2019 saw an average of 585,000 deaths in the UK but in 2020, that number jumped to 696,000?
I'm not asking if you believe in Covid 19 or if you think it's a killer or not, I am asking why there were 110,00+ more bodies in the UK compared to the 10 year average prior.[/quote
]

If your figures are correct the testimony below from a state registered nurse may explain quite a lot.
Unfortunate the nurse here has declined to give her name for obvious reasons. Yet another casualty of this covid s...show, the de-platforming and censorship of so many willing to speak up but also in fear of their jobs and careers should they do so.

"My partner was furloughed, the schools and high street closed immediately. Any forms of normal recreational escapism disappeared overnight, compounding the fear suddenly unleashed on our lives. I knew far greater health threats were occurring as a side-effect to all the unforgivably irrational management measures of Covid.
I really cannot call them safety measures. Rather than protecting health I in fact saw greater neglect as fearful staff were told to limit their time with patients and the care that these people deserved in the last days and weeks of their lives simply wasn’t there.
Many patients I see now will have stories of how they could not access any services, follow-up appointments or GP appointments. This is not what I became a nurse for and if healthcare has failed them in any way, all I can give them now is my sincerest apology."

"This would have caused enormous anxiety to those denied. I have met patients that have had surgery cancelled. A lady that broke her arm in February has had it hanging limply by her side since, losing muscle tone, good circulation, affecting her life and ability to work. She has attended A&E twice begging for surgery, even saying she would sign a disclaimer if she contracted an infection. But of course, she was refused and her despair and desperation ignored.
So, depression sets in. Depression, anxiety and general loss of confidence in our public bodies will all lead to serious mental health problems and therefore increased suicides. Loneliness and isolation experienced in lockdown can affect us all, healthy or otherwise, this too will undoubtedly have devastating consequences on the mental health of individuals."
snowie 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years317th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Australia and NZ withdraw from world cup : Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:40 pm  
Miro wrote:
All that space used up Snowie and not an original thought from yourself. Interesting too that the poster is a Photoshop fake, not the words of those two health care workers.

Well you can add that to the fake sh!te that vaccinations don't work then
Miro 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1345No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 29 200618 years312th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Australia and NZ withdraw from world cup : Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:21 pm  
snowie wrote:
Well you can add that to the fake sh!te that vaccinations don't work then

With the number of people especially those in authority that continue to wear the muzzles, i.e the army and RAF personnel plus security at Wimbledon (just one example,) never mind SL games and the police, I assume the experimental, relativity un-tested vax does not work.
Would I be right in saying those people would have been the first in line for the jab?
Snowie, I am more than willing to be convinced otherwise.
Over to you.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17880
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years49th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Apr 24 18:2314th Apr 24 09:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Australia and NZ withdraw from world cup : Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:30 pm  
Miro wrote:
With the number of people especially those in authority that continue to wear the muzzles, i.e the army and RAF personnel plus security at Wimbledon (just one example,) never mind SL games and the police, I assume the experimental, relativity un-tested vax does not work.
Would I be right in saying those people would have been the first in line for the jab?
Snowie, I am more than willing to be convinced otherwise.
Over to you.

Even the keenest supporters of the vaccine acknowledge that you can still contract the virus, even after double vaccination - Sajid Javed may be a good example of this.
Therefore, if wearing a face covering (definitely not a muzzle) may help prevent the spread, why are you so against it ?

We know that you allowed people into your shop without face coverings, after all you openly said so many months ago.

However, for people to believe you and believe too, that just about every government on the planet is wrong, is a bloody long stretch of the imagination, even for a fully paid up cynic like myself.
PreviousNext