JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 02 200916 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Jul 12 21:115th Jul 12 21:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: team to play Cas : Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:06 am  
yeah mate, really not impressed. He has never one stood out for me, lack pace and agression, and seems to have his head up his ar$e a lot of the time. And thanks to Mr Mcrae we got him on a 3yr contract, genius!!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 14 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Sep 18 12:1828th Sep 18 11:02LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.

Re: team to play Cas : Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:59 am  
BartonFlyer wrote:
I think Sean McC bears a heavy responsibility for a lot if our players going backwards, not just Luke Adamson. His attitude was that if you've not got the greatest talent in the squad then you just play percentage rugby meant everyone became fearful of making mistakes and never prepared to take any risks which in turn resulted in the dull fare we were presented with. It was obvious on the occasions when he first went off how much more expansive we could have been and hopefully will be this season.

When Adamson first broke in to the team I recall him being moved to the centre due to injuries and he looked very promising in attack. I also recall an excellent try he scored from distance against Huddersfield at the Galpharm.

The question is why when he was showing so much promise has he not developed that early potential? I can only put this down to the coaching tactics of McRae by implementing a safety first ‘damage limitation’ game plan. It seems he (and others) was discouraged from playing anything other than a percentage game where having a real go and making the odd handling error or stray pass was considered criminal. The point is, how can any player improve his attacking skills when he’s been instructed not to try things and learn from his mistakes in a match situation?

If you look at the top sides in Superleague they often play ‘off the cuff’ rugby and often make errors but they seem to counteract these errors with solid defence, winning the collision, territory battle and having a better kicking game. The problem with the percentage game is it relies on getting everything right and once you fall behind you aren’t asking enough questions of the opposition in defence.

Reflecting back on a few occasions where Salford has played a more cavalier style has resulted in some memorable and highly entertaining wins against Saints a couple of times at the Willows over recent years and Hull KR and Bradford last year.

Let’s hope under PV he realises that Salford are in the entertainment business unlike McRae who feared the opposition and the potential damage to his own personal reputation. If we have a real go and fall short or get the odd hiding but entertain so be it. If we are going to lose I'd rather lose 52-32 than 12-4 in a dull game.

No more cautious 'percentage game' tactics please!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach220No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 07 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th Sep 12 00:1912th Mar 12 01:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: team to play Cas : Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:10 am  
theredshed wrote:
When Adamson first broke in to the team I recall him being moved to the centre due to injuries and he looked very promising in attack. I also recall an excellent try he scored from distance against Huddersfield at the Galpharm.

The question is why when he was showing so much promise has he not developed that early potential? I can only put this down to the coaching tactics of McRae by implementing a safety first ‘damage limitation’ game plan. It seems he (and others) was discouraged from playing anything other than a percentage game where having a real go and making the odd handling error or stray pass was considered criminal. The point is, how can any player improve his attacking skills when he’s been instructed not to try things and learn from his mistakes in a match situation?

If you look at the top sides in Superleague they often play ‘off the cuff’ rugby and often make errors but they seem to counteract these errors with solid defence, winning the collision, territory battle and having a better kicking game. The problem with the percentage game is it relies on getting everything right and once you fall behind you aren’t asking enough questions of the opposition in defence.

Reflecting back on a few occasions where Salford has played a more cavalier style has resulted in some memorable and highly entertaining wins against Saints a couple of times at the Willows over recent years and Hull KR and Bradford last year.

Let’s hope under PV he realises that Salford are in the entertainment business unlike McRae who feared the opposition and the potential damage to his own personal reputation. If we have a real go and fall short or get the odd hiding but entertain so be it. If we are going to lose I'd rather lose 52-32 than 12-4 in a dull game.

No more cautious 'percentage game' tactics please!

Well said, and that's what any genuine supporter is able to gather from supporting Salford.

This is exactly the sort of post that DI should be looking to emulate, although I dont see how thats going to be possible when he isnt going to be there to support them :/
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach220No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 07 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th Sep 12 00:1912th Mar 12 01:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: team to play Cas : Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:43 am  
Dantes Inferno wrote:
Firstly i don't just soley point out the negative down falls. If you read my previous post's on another thread regarding the much improved Feka and the re-vitalised Anderson. Does that sound negative. (urrrm NO). Secondly i've always gave credit when due. I've also played with and witnessed watching Salford much better forwards than Adamson he is sooo predictable.GREEN AS GRASS comes to mind. Parish was no mug he saw the GREEN and wanted rid, and yeah you're right i do only see 80 mins a week of Adamson and god you can't fail to observe his negative downfalls. The light you're watching from is a GREEN shaded colour with a red tint my friend or is it Adamson is a family member hence your Bias.......

Exactly, In the earlier games you saw a much improved Feka, my point being we saw a much improved Adamson against Wigan, WHICH YOU DIDNT WITNESS? What's hard to grasp about that, What you also choose to ignore is the fact Parish told Feka to find another club, which blows a hole in your theory...as Feka has improved...as has Adamson..keeping up?

I’m lucky to have attended all games bar Catalans since 2006 and have paid extra attention to Adamson because of the continuous effort and commitment he shows on the field, which has to be admired given how demoralising it must be at times. There’s no doubt he hasn’t progressed as fast as we would have hoped, but as mentioned above, that without doubt can be blamed on the lack of coaching and man management that occurred while SM was in charge. The raw abundance of talent, pace, and impact Adamson showed in 2006 & 2007 was a breath of fresh air and it’s that we saw glimpses of against Wigan. Not forgetting that this lad was picked up from Wigan’s academy by Salford while at the same time representing England which say’s something.

The fact is DI your opinion counts for diddly squat. Why? Firstly because you didn’t witness the much improved Adamson against Wigan, Secondly because you have openly admitted you don’t support Salford. The very definition of support means to be actively interested in, endure, tolerate, and encourage a team… You do none. You keep going while all and sundry continue to point out your flawed abusive unconstructive arguments. You may as well support Warrington for all the support you have and garbage you post. And that’s my point you’re not a Salford supporter, all your post’s focus around the unwitting T-W-A-T-S comment which again is pointless rubbish because your posting on a SUPPORTES forum. No one cares because unlike you deep down THEY WILL be attending the New Salford City Stadium to SUPPORT there team on the field. It’s the age old saying DI, if you’ve got nothing nice to say, don’t say owt.

And before you point out I’m wearing rose tinted glasses, please understand, yes I am, because I choose to. And before you point out you’ve been a supporter since 1932 but now you’ve given up, please understand I’m not up JW’s ar$e. Understand I support SCR’s. No one cares about your opinion, and It’s now the club and players need SUPPORT, Not your tirade of abuse. And since your not going to be attending any more games or supporting the club wouldn’t it be better to take something else up, a little less stressful for you perhaps ? Long walk’s? a bit of exercise perhaps? Just a thought.
I’m sure you’ll have invalid answers to all my valid points, and I’m sure you’ll be here every week criticising every performance, even though you won’t be attending. I for one am glad, as the club doesn’t need people like you.
scoot 
RankPostsTeam
International Star783No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 16 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Dec 16 08:4527th Nov 16 10:46LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: team to play Cas : Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:04 pm  
Can't believe KMT re Nero, His defence is very good IMO. Has the experience and know how in attack and is reasonably pacey
RankPostsTeam
International Star424No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 26 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Sep 12 16:423rd Sep 12 16:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: team to play Cas : Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:35 pm  
Lyrad Red wrote:
Exactly, In the earlier games you saw a much improved Feka, my point being we saw a much improved Adamson against Wigan, WHICH YOU DIDNT WITNESS? What's hard to grasp about that, What you also choose to ignore is the fact Parish told Feka to find another club, which blows a hole in your theory...as Feka has improved...as has Adamson..keeping up?

I’m lucky to have attended all games bar Catalans since 2006 and have paid extra attention to Adamson because of the continuous effort and commitment he shows on the field, which has to be admired given how demoralising it must be at times. There’s no doubt he hasn’t progressed as fast as we would have hoped, but as mentioned above, that without doubt can be blamed on the lack of coaching and man management that occurred while SM was in charge. The raw abundance of talent, pace, and impact Adamson showed in 2006 & 2007 was a breath of fresh air and it’s that we saw glimpses of against Wigan. Not forgetting that this lad was picked up from Wigan’s academy by Salford while at the same time representing England which say’s something.

The fact is DI your opinion counts for diddly squat. Why? Firstly because you didn’t witness the much improved Adamson against Wigan, Secondly because you have openly admitted you don’t support Salford. The very definition of support means to be actively interested in, endure, tolerate, and encourage a team… You do none. You keep going while all and sundry continue to point out your flawed abusive unconstructive arguments. You may as well support Warrington for all the support you have and garbage you post. And that’s my point you’re not a Salford supporter, all your post’s focus around the unwitting T-W-A-T-S comment which again is pointless rubbish because your posting on a SUPPORTES forum. No one cares because unlike you deep down THEY WILL be attending the New Salford City Stadium to SUPPORT there team on the field. It’s the age old saying DI, if you’ve got nothing nice to say, don’t say owt.

And before you point out I’m wearing rose tinted glasses, please understand, yes I am, because I choose to. And before you point out you’ve been a supporter since 1932 but now you’ve given up, please understand I’m not up JW’s ar$e. Understand I support SCR’s. No one cares about your opinion, and It’s now the club and players need SUPPORT, Not your tirade of abuse. And since your not going to be attending any more games or supporting the club wouldn’t it be better to take something else up, a little less stressful for you perhaps ? Long walk’s? a bit of exercise perhaps? Just a thought.
I’m sure you’ll have invalid answers to all my valid points, and I’m sure you’ll be here every week criticising every performance, even though you won’t be attending. I for one am glad, as the club doesn’t need people like you.

Firstly you can't blame Mcrae for Adamson's form.The 2 prospects in Myler and Ratchford did quite well under him.....again corrected

You really do need a reality check. You're from St helens, you class yourself as a fan since 2006 the year Adamson joined. You're a relative hence your bias.....Your argument is flawed. It goes to show how sad you really are coming onto a Salford Forum trying to BIG up Adamson's game, trying to manipulate the supporters real opinions of the player because really the jury's out bigtime on your relative.how sad is that, Ha Ha Ha you saddo i bet you were a pie-eater when he was their, if he was transfered tomorrow you wouldn't be supporting Salford. Call yourself a fan ( absolute drivel ) i'm a fan but see the light my friend, i want the best for salford, that means a total clear out which includes your relative.........SADDO
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 15 200520 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Feb 18 23:506th Sep 17 04:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights.

ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013

Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all.

Foe is our friend.
mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey
All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.

Re: team to play Cas : Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:45 pm  
Lyrad Red wrote:

Could'nt agree more Adamson so obviously was told up the jumper and head down by SM. For me before this he had the makings of a future England second row and was going places, post he's stagnated and seems to have lost his way.
I'd venture to say that if he moved to a top six team he'd soon revert to that origional player with promise, what I'm hoping is that he will be given the chance to do that this year under Vauxhall.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1760No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 05 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Jun 13 21:185th Jun 13 15:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: team to play Cas : Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:22 pm  
Dantes Inferno wrote:
Firstly you can't blame Mcrae for Adamson's form.The 2 prospects in Myler and Ratchford did quite well under him.....again corrected

Utter b0llocks by the man in the supposed know yet again.
Ratchford went backwards under McRae and the same for Myler.
Both left, one for money and the other due to the fact he he was often dropped for no reason and played out of position.
It would appear you have a liking for McRae and his tactics, if so please fook off to Hull and support them.

As for the rest of your post, pathetic and infantile comes to mind.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3987No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 18 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Jul 16 07:4921st Jul 16 07:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
waiting patiently for our new signings to be announced....
Signature
*** Missed one of Salford Red Devils Independent fan podcast DEVIL IN THE DETAIL use the link below and catch up, or our facebook page to get all upto date gossip

facebook Devil in The Detail SRD

[url]https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=270334099791871[url]

catch up here

[url]https://www.soundcloud.com/devil-in-the-detail-srd[/url]

***Salford City Reds #1 Prophet Of Fulfilment***

Re: team to play Cas : Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:40 pm  
Personally Nero since he has arrived he has been a big positive for me, good defender, busy in attack always wins the collision and has the quickest play of the ball at the club for us to play off.
Will be a big year for him to see if he can keep up that standard.
KMT 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach251No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 02 200916 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Jul 12 21:115th Jul 12 21:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: team to play Cas : Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:15 am  
Well maybe I am missing it when I watch him then but I have not been that impressed at all with him. I haven't seen this pace that your on about or this lightning play the ball.When he plays second row he doesn't offer enough agression and when he plays centre I can't recall the last time he gave his winger any service at all Fair enough he is defencivly sound but thats not enough for me, I just don't think he is a very intelligent player. Maybe I expected too much of him when we signed him, as with quite a few of ths ignings last year.
Unlike DI I will continue to support him and cheer him on when he wears the shirt,but I do want more!!
PreviousNext