Jun 16 200519 years309th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd May 24 05:4320th May 24 17:11LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Take heart chaps : Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:41 pm  
sally cinnamon wrote:
So basically you think Warrington have stepped up so far since you last saw them, that they are now potentially better than Saints and Leeds

Well that can't be true; if Long had brought his kicking boots we could have lost the game 36-14. It was six tries to two!

We were closer last season.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6290No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 27 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Jan 14 15:541st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
getdownmonkeyman wrote:
You need to move on from here. SS has replaced you, he gets this debating/conversing lark far, far better.

Re: Take heart chaps : Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:44 pm  
sally cinnamon wrote:
So basically you think Warrington have stepped up so far since you last saw them, that they are now potentially better than Saints and Leeds

I never said that, I said potential top 3 ( ie I can see you finishing 3rd pretty comfortably and if Briers can learn to control the tempo of the play then I think you would be very tough to beat in a one off game).

The only issue for me Warrington have is that it always seems to be all or nothing. Its have a go regardless of time, position etc. Watch last night again, Saints did what Saints do generally. Everyone raves about how good Saints are yet they never mention that Saints tend to play in bursts. Its always very simple rugby for the main parts with one out runs either through the pack or from dummy half. Every now and then they will put a move on through the backs or have Pryce coming in around the ruck. However, when Saints do go for it, then it is all in with just about everybody pushing forward. This is what Warrington need to learn for me. You have the pack to maintain territorial advantage against anyone througout. Just play straight for long periods, defend in unison and every so often bring Gleeson, King, Penny and Riley into the game.

I genuinely don't think Warrington are far off either of the top 2. The amount of negativity on here is madness considering how you just totally dominated Saints on their own ground for most of the game.
Dawson 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach830No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 27 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Aug 12 17:1727th Aug 12 16:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:58 pm  
I thought we were good for the first 50 minutes playing a no risk game down the middle of the field. The problem was that most of our team seemed to run out of energy after 60 minutes IMO.

Seemed to be missing a bit of flare as Briers didn't really do anything special, but at least he noticable unlike Monaghan.

Riley showed up well making a great offload for the try, but getting stopped relatively easy on some attacking runs. I am a big fan of Riley after the way he finished last season but it will be interesting to see how he holds up to one on one situations if our line get broke (can't see too many tadulala tackles) and what he is like under bombs.

I was slightly worried by Harrison, he did do alright to be fair but was risking giving away flops IMO.

We did really well in completing our sets but I thought the big difference was that Saints defence was better and I can't remember them not completing a set in the final 30 minutes.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach233No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 13 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Feb 14 20:4027th Feb 14 20:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:47 pm  
Les Boyd Is God wrote:
very true...50 mins of very good rugby only to fall off in the last 30...what the hell have they been doing pre season

It wasnt the fitness at all in my opinion.
it was the groundwork in the tackle that let them back into it. saints got back to back quick play the balls that just put us into scramble mode. We hardly had the ball second half due to knock ons from the likes of carvell, harrison and morley put us under to much presure. completion rate was awsome first half...terrible second half. kicking game, great first half...rubbish second!
WE should have put them to bed after that great defensive set on there line in second half!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4224No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 29 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Apr 23 12:5026th Jul 18 14:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
WARRINGTON'S VERY OWN ACTOR

Twitter = deanrichmondHD

Re: Take heart chaps : Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:14 pm  
Stirlingshire Saint wrote:
Warringtons front row is a phenomenal front row, I'm inclined to say you have the best set of props in the division and with Higham playing the majority of the time then a danger around the ruck.

The only area Wire need to sort is the decision making and direction from the halves for me. I know Briers is lamented as a God but he needs to step up bigtime, he now has a quality pack to guide around the field. If he learns to control the tempo of a game properly then Warrington wont be losing many games this season I dont think, purely because of the field position that you will find yourselves in. Top 3 for me and if you have no injuries, I wouldnt fancy taking you on in an elimination game. Whisper it quietly but genuine potential GF winners.

Saying that, King needs to buck up, that attempted tackle when Gardner went on his run late on was truly pathetic.

Well said, thanks :CLAP:
Previous