u RLFANS.COM - Agar....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Agar....
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:26 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network

Hardly set the world alight so far.

Reading the report, it suggested that the role being offered in Aus wasn't as high profile as his current role at Wire but that he fancied trying his luck.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:46 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Heard that both him and Smith are going at the end of the season.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:00 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Wire Weaver wrote:Heard that both him and Smith are going at the end of the season.

Just out of curiosity , by "heard" do you mean from an independent reputable source, or just that you've read it somewhere else on this here forum ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:06 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

The rumour was TS and Agar tendered resignation following defeat at Wakefield that that then took top 8 aspirations out of our hands.
SJM asked them to stay until the season is over.

Rumour from OZ puts Agar keen to get other employment. TS has done ok out of Wire. Perhaps he wants time out?

Moley reports Wire search activities...vague from him not mentioning who or what.

once a wire always a wire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:26 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network

rubber duckie wrote:The rumour was TS and Agar tendered resignation following defeat at Wakefield that that then took top 8 aspirations out of our hands.
SJM asked them to stay until the season is over.

Rumour from OZ puts Agar keen to get other employment. TS has done ok out of Wire. Perhaps he wants time out?

Moley reports Wire search activities...vague from him not mentioning who or what.

That doesn't make any sense, the coaching team that have contributed to the worst finish in ages, that you don't trust to take the club any further, you want them to stay on to complete the season rather than kicking them out the door, bringing in the new team who have to deal with a dozen expiring contracts, who they want to retain for 'their' team the following season and also starting to recruit externally as well.

If you don't think their worth investing in any further, because you're disappointed, get them gone and try get the fans back onside.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:20 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Fantastic Mr Catpiss wrote:That doesn't make any sense, the coaching team that have contributed to the worst finish in ages, that you don't trust to take the club any further, you want them to stay on to complete the season rather than kicking them out the door, bringing in the new team who have to deal with a dozen expiring contracts, who they want to retain for 'their' team the following season and also starting to recruit externally as well.

If you don't think their worth investing in any further, because you're disappointed, get them gone and try get the fans back onside.

I have no answer to the not making sense. Little makes sense of the this season.
As regards SJM decision I cannot answer for him either.
My only thought is SJM considers the ship is in a better position following course until docked over a rudderless mutiny.

once a wire always a wire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:32 am 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

rubber duckie wrote:I have no answer to the not making sense. Little makes sense of the this season.
As regards SJM decision I cannot answer for him either.
My only thought is SJM considers the ship is in a better position following course until docked over a rudderless mutiny.

Can only assume who they want to replace Smithgar is currently unavailable to take over (hypothetically), and they remember the last time someone was brought in as a temporary measure, big Jimmy Lowes!

Sponsoring Fitzpatrick's Coffee run since 2017...I used to post a lot, then I didn't

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:37 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Fantastic Mr Catpiss wrote:That doesn't make any sense, the coaching team that have contributed to the worst finish in ages, that you don't trust to take the club any further, you want them to stay on to complete the season rather than kicking them out the door, bringing in the new team who have to deal with a dozen expiring contracts, who they want to retain for 'their' team the following season and also starting to recruit externally as well.

this^^^^

if it was a case of briers n Clarke to the end f the season whilst we search for replacement I cannot say I think our results would have been any worse that under smith, very often in sport when a side replaces a manager there is often an upturn in performances for whatever reason a new voice and ideas are often whats needed to get the players firing again.

we can only speculate about what if we had changed the management early enough after 8/9 games we could still have made top8 and possibly top4 if had made changes at the right time hindsight is great but I feel a lot of people could have predicted a poor season after a short amount of time yet the well paid so called professionals did not and we have suffered for it

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:29 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Dezzies_right_hook wrote:this^^^^

we can only speculate about what if we had changed the management early enough after 8/9 games we could still have made top8 and possibly top4 if had made changes at the right time hindsight is great but I feel a lot of people could have predicted a poor season after a short amount of time yet the well paid so called professionals did not and we have suffered for it

Exactly. St Helens acted decisively and now have a sporting chance of the Top 4. Our problems were just as evident as those of our neighbours, but inaction has seen us into a battle for survival.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:27 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Despite the talk of searches for a replacement getting under way in Oz, I feel that the options tabled were probably for an upcoming Aussie coach to work under Smith. And to be fair as an upcoming Aussie coach like Furner, I would want control of the reigns not to play second fiddle to somebody. My guess is they said no thanks.

I predict we'll be stuck with the current regime for the foreseeable future. I can't see the board sacking Smith, so we'll likely see a new number 2 brought in at some point in the future but nothing will really change. We need a fresh start and a clean sheet for the players.

6th-8th place for us next year and mediocrity resumed a la 2015. However the club will still be in profit so the sporting achievements side of things will take second stage for the next few years.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

It is currently Wed May 27, 2020 10:11 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com