Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Today’s game v HKR

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Today‚Äôs game v HKR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:01 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Wires71 wrote:I think if you don't enjoy reading criticism of players/putting the counter case you could possibly save yourself the anguish of reading the harrowing assessments by avoiding coming on the club's unofficial forum in the immediate hours after a terrible home display. :D

What I'm saying is we are too critical when we lose..if you can't accept it then you shouldn't come on here but I know you will just to criticize ....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:34 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I had it on the wireless & we still sounded as if we are plagued with lack of concentration at times in the handling department & are also at the mercy of refs when it comes to being penalised. An improvement in those two areas would make a massive difference to consistency on the field. The last line of defence seems in great shape as does that attack when confidence shines through.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:36 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Occasionally I would get criticised at work by people whom I knew didnt have the skills to do my job. I didnt take it well and it certainly didnt help my performance. Hopefully, any players reading this forum will respond differently than I did.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:38 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

silver2 wrote:Occasionally I would get criticised at work by people whom I knew didnt have the skills to do my job. I didnt take it well and it certainly didnt help my performance. Hopefully, any players reading this forum will respond differently than I did.

Surely it's different because ..

1. This is a private forum, players don't need to even be aware of it.
2. Criticism and adulation is part and parcel of professional sport. We are not here to nurture or mentor employees we are here to talk about the performance of our team which has existed a long time before and a long time after the current squad (as will us fans).

I am worried about the snowflakification of this board. Seems like we can bawl insults from the terraces that the players can hear, but not vent an opinion on here which they won't read.

Taking it further maybe we should have nurtured Tony Smith a little more rather than criticise his team selection, results, and recruitment. You know put an arm round his shoulder and build his confidence.

https://www.mind.org.uk

Last edited by Wires71 on Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:40 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

sir adrian morley wrote:What I'm saying is we are too critical when we lose..if you can't accept it then you shouldn't come on here but I know you will just to criticize ....

I agree (I've ignored the last jibe).

It's called hyperbole. ie) now we have beaten Hull KR we are world beaters again with a squad ram, jam, full of international talent.

https://www.mind.org.uk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:59 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Wires71 wrote:I agree (I've ignored the last jibe).

It's called hyperbole. ie) now we have beaten Hull KR we are world beaters again with a squad ram, jam, full of international talent.

No we are not world beaters.we are the 2nd best team in the comp atm..that could change especially if there's any more performances like Salford..hopefully not...I do understand the frustration getting walloped.but to me it was a knee jerk reaction....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:04 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

sir adrian morley wrote:No we are not world beaters.we are the 2nd best team in the comp atm..that could change especially if there's any more performances like Salford..hopefully not...I do understand the frustration getting walloped.but to me it was a knee jerk reaction....

And your entitled to that opinion has others are entitled to theirs,as I said earlier expectations have risen and a lot of fans will be a lot less tolerant of poor performances, 1 good performance does not fix all ills,just saying.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:13 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

I'm being critical when we win.
KR and FC were massively under strength.
40-50 minute wins at most of the games we've played this season.

We still lack something up front as Westwood and Tasi and BMM if we're using him as prop, are lacking what we lost even from George King.

once a wire always a wire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:32 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Wires71 wrote:Surely it's different because ..

I am worried about the snowflakification of this board. Seems like we can bawl insults from the terraces that the players can hear, but not vent an opinion on here which they won't read.

Great point. The vitriol and booing from the stands at the Salford match would have bothered the players a lot more than a forum.

You also get people directly talking to players on Facebook/Twitter. Forums have always been a good place to vent.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:00 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

No-one, regardless of their career should be exempt from constructive criticism, it's how we improve. Just because we aren't professional RL players doesn't mean we aren't qualified to make observations. I'm not a politician but we all get to vent our beliefs and oust the incompetent at the ballot box every four years.

It's professional sport, it's not an exact science. Salford went onto get beat by a very poor Wigan team, we went onto slaughter HKR. On the same weekend, Man U fans watched in disbelief as the team that defied all odds to beat PSG got ripped to shreds by mid-table Everton.

When players are replaced by robots, gameplans by software and tactics by algorithims we can expect more, until then unpredictability and falibility is what keeps us coming back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:21 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com