Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Luis Johnson

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Luis Johnson
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:31 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Livett wont be here next season.

'I've done things i'm not proud of. And the things i am proud of,.......well they're disgusting'

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:15 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network

rubber duckie wrote:Yes this.
We might get a few KR fans behind us at Wembley now for helping them in the fight against Leeds.

When do you play there?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:22 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Jack Napier wrote:There's no point sending players with the quality of Johnson or Livett to Rochdale, they are just too bad.

Glad to see them have a run out in the SL.

There's no point signing players like Johnson at all if we never play them or give them a chance. He's played once against Wigan, never looked out of place was my MOM and no body has seen him since.

If the lad isn't as good or better than Tasi than he shouldn't even be at the club.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:39 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Lord Tony Smith wrote:
Jack Napier wrote:There's no point sending players with the quality of Johnson or Livett to Rochdale, they are just too bad.

Glad to see them have a run out in the SL.

There's no point signing players like Johnson at all if we never play them or give them a chance. He's played once against Wigan, never looked out of place was my MOM and no body has seen him since.

If the lad isn't as good or better than Tasi than he shouldn't even be at the club.

Well said,sir !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:28 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network

Thing is, look at who's playing, currie has come back into the team, is he playing any better or worse than livett was when he was filling in?

Probably about the same.

I'd have been playing Johnson in the left 2nd row after that wigan game. A direct edge runner.

Thats one of the things that you can say about saints pack, all their props and back rowers seem to be direct runners which is what caused us problems this year.

Its something we're missing now.

Im typing this while im walking so apologies for the rant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:12 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Lord Tony Smith wrote:There's no point signing players like Johnson at all if we never play them or give them a chance. He's played once against Wigan, never looked out of place was my MOM and no body has seen him since.

Well I totally agree with that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:53 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

The problem is you can only have 13 players on the pitch at a time. We are probably in the position of having too many decent players covering a few positions (2nd row being a specific area) and relatively few opportunities to play them all (thankfully as it means few injuries). Not having a reserve team means it is almost impossible to impress the coach sufficiently to dislodge the incumbent.

Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:19 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I'm amazed that Johnson has only made the one appearance, given how well he played.
Hope he shows us what he can do, albeit in another team's colours.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:56 pm 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Here’s me with my five penneth again! Luis Johnson will play for England or Great Britain or whatever we call ourselves at the time in the next 5 years. A fantastic prospect and I’m amazed he’s not featured in this years Warrington team!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:22 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Widnes Al wrote:Here’s me with my five penneth again! Luis Johnson will play for England or Great Britain or whatever we call ourselves at the time in the next 5 years. A fantastic prospect and I’m amazed he’s not featured in this years Warrington team!

Most of us are amazed as well! Could not have made a more impressive debut and yet hasnt played for the first team since.

'I've done things i'm not proud of. And the things i am proud of,.......well they're disgusting'

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:20 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com