RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Saints.
Re: Saints. Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:42 pm  

User avatarFearTheVee wrote:
FearTheVee User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:57 pm
Posts: 10961
Location: Much too far South
Widnes Al wrote:
Warringtons front row are better than Saints with or without Roby!


That has to be a wind up
Re: Saints. Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:56 pm  

ratticusfinch User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 1467
Location: Warrington
Most people would say Saints' front row is better and fair enough but ours isn't miles behind. Cooper has been superb this season as has Clark and although an annoying captain Hill is still doing a good job. I'd say our two props had better hands and offloads but yours are a lot better at the main job of making metres. I also agree with Longbarn in that our steady Eddie approach has us 3rd best in the league and we'll get beat on Friday. I hope all that needless kicking to touch against a broken Wakefield after 60 mins last week was practise for this Friday and slowing Saints down.
Ettinghausen's gone ice skatin'
Re: Saints. Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:56 pm  

Widnes Al wrote:
Widnes Al Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 2:03 pm
Posts: 146
No it’s my opinion. I have no reason to be biased towards either and they are all international players and all have my respect. there’s nothing in it It’s just my preference.
Re: Saints. Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:08 pm  

User avatarGazwire wrote:
Gazwire User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 1897
FearTheVee wrote:
That has to be a wind up


Without Roby, then it's probably right.
Re: Saints. Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:11 pm  

User avatarGazwire wrote:
Gazwire User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 1897
ratticusfinch wrote:
Most people would say Saints' front row is better and fair enough but ours isn't miles behind. Cooper has been superb this season as has Clark and although an annoying captain Hill is still doing a good job. I'd say our two props had better hands and offloads but yours are a lot better at the main job of making metres. I also agree with Longbarn in that our steady Eddie approach has us 3rd best in the league and we'll get beat on Friday. I hope all that needless kicking to touch against a broken Wakefield after 60 mins last week was practise for this Friday and slowing Saints down.


Right here as well. We've got a cracking front row, we just need a bit of fiery backup in our 11, 12 and 13.
Re: Saints. Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:19 pm  

AS108 wrote:
AS108 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:40 pm
Posts: 1024
Widnes Al wrote:
Warringtons front row are better than Saints with or without Roby! Saints 2nd row are better than Warringtons. 1-5 Saints are superior. Half backs not much in it but Warrington just as Austin has the wow factor. 13 I don’t know either teams so can’t judge


Thompson and Walmsley are both a lot better than Hill and Cooper. Lomax and Fages is a much better partnership than Austin and Patton as well.
Re: Saints. Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:23 pm  

User avatarMoe syslak wrote:
Moe syslak User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:43 pm
Posts: 1384
Location: Springfield
AS108 wrote:
Thompson and Walmsley are both a lot better than Hill and Cooper. Lomax and Fages is a much better partnership than Austin and Patton as well.

Patton is gash, but the combined ability of Lomax and fages still isn't enough to lace austins boots
'I've done things i'm not proud of. And the things i am proud of,.......well they're disgusting'
Re: Saints. Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:36 pm  

User avatarGazwire wrote:
Gazwire User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 1897
AS108 wrote:
Thompson and Walmsley are both a lot better than Hill and Cooper. Lomax and Fages is a much better partnership than Austin and Patton as well.


As108, to be fair, there's a fine line between the quality of both our front rows (Roby included). Last game you dominated the ruck because of you back 3. Knowles, Lees and other were right up in our faces and our back three couldn't match, the front 3 were fairly level. It could be different this time though- Hughes and Currie would have hurt after that game- hopefully they have a point to prove.

Half back-wise, if we can gain any ruck superiority, Austin is a world apart from Lomax and anything else you have to offer at hb. Its a compliment to your pack that Lomax, though just above bang average, is effective.
Re: Saints. Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:01 am  

AS108 wrote:
AS108 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:40 pm
Posts: 1024
Moe syslak wrote:
Patton is gash, but the combined ability of Lomax and fages still isn't enough to lace austins boots


Austin is nowhere near as good as you think he is. He’s only in Super League because he’s inconsistent which is why Canberra got rid and Warrington threw money at him. He comes up with some great individual moments but he goes missing for massive amounts of each game then scores a try from either a dummy or step. Lomax has been better than him this season.
Re: Saints. Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:04 am  

AS108 wrote:
AS108 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:40 pm
Posts: 1024
Gazwire wrote:
As108, to be fair, there's a fine line between the quality of both our front rows (Roby included). Last game you dominated the ruck because of you back 3. Knowles, Lees and other were right up in our faces and our back three couldn't match, the front 3 were fairly level. It could be different this time though- Hughes and Currie would have hurt after that game- hopefully they have a point to prove.

Half back-wise, if we can gain any ruck superiority, Austin is a world apart from Lomax and anything else you have to offer at hb. Its a compliment to your pack that Lomax, though just above bang average, is effective.


Walmsley and Thompson walk into most NRL sides and are easily the top two props in Super League. I rate Cooper and Hill but they just aren’t on the same level. The idea that Lomax is just above bang average is nonsense, he’s one of only two players with 30 try involvements. No matter how good our pack is no average player comes up with those numbers at this stage of a season.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Captain Hook, CW8, getdownmonkeyman, Johnkendal, kev123, Kwik Fertle, leslie boyd, Moe syslak, Rugby, Shazbaz and 182 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Warrington Wolves


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,154,7891,45378,5824,559LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sun 16th May
NRL RND: 10 NZ Warriors18-34Parramatta
NRL RND: 10 Melbourne44-18St.George
Sat 15th May
CH
LIVE
Batley6-40LondonB
NRL RND: 10 Canterbury18-20Canberra
NRL RND: 10 Cronulla22-32Souths
NRL RND: 10 Sydney30-16NQL Cowboys
L1
LIVE
Crusaders18-26Hunslet
L1
LIVE
West Wales10-36Coventry
Fri 14th May
SLRND: 6 Leeds15-13Wakefield
NRL RND: 10 Wests36-18Newcastle
NRL RND: 10 Manly50-6Brisbane
Sun 9th May
CH RND: 5 Swinton22-23Bradford
CH RND: 5 Dewsbury0-36Halifax
CH RND: 5 LondonB50-30Newcastle
CH RND: 5 York12-16Featherstone
NRL RND: 9 Manly38-32NZ Warriors
NRL RND: 9 St.George32-12Canterbury
CH RND: 5 Toulouse70-0Widnes
L1 RND: 1 Coventry20-38Barrow
L1 RND: 1 Hunslet16-28Workington
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPNTS
Penrith 9 260 60 200 18
Parramatta 10 294 142 152 18
Melbourne 10 336 126 210 16
Souths 10 267 196 71 16
Sydney 10 284 139 145 14
St.George 10 211 213 -2 10
 
Manly 10 227 240 -13 10
Gold Coast 9 218 219 -1 8
Canberra 10 193 227 -34 8
NZ Warriors 10 207 250 -43 8
Newcastle 10 179 256 -77 8
NQL Cowboys 10 181 285 -104 8
Wests 10 194 280 -86 6
Cronulla 10 174 258 -84 4
Brisbane 10 146 290 -144 4
Canterbury 10 110 300 -190 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 6
 PLDFADIFFPNTSDIFFWP%
St.Helens 5 128 34 94 10 376.47 100
Wigan 5 111 56 55 10 198.21 100
Castleford 5 131 78 53 8 167.95 80
Catalans 5 137 86 51 8 159.30 80
Hull FC 5 105 58 47 7 181.03 70
Warrington 5 144 81 63 7 177.78 70
 
Hull KR 5 105 134 -29 4 78.36 40
Leeds 6 78 112 -34 4 69.64 33.33
Huddersfield 5 68 98 -30 2 69.39 20
Salford 5 68 142 -74 2 47.89 20
Wakefield 6 79 169 -90 0 46.75 0
Leigh 5 66 172 -106 0 38.37 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 6
 PLDFADIFFPNTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 4 159 40 119 8 397.50 100
Featherstone 4 128 50 78 8 256 100
Bradford 5 127 134 -7 8 94.78 80
Batley 6 178 128 50 8 139.06 66.67
LondonB 6 164 151 13 7 108.61 58.33
Sheffield 5 124 100 24 5 124 50
 
Halifax 5 155 101 54 4 153.47 40
York 5 126 93 33 4 135.48 40
Whitehaven 5 109 119 -10 4 91.60 40
Dewsbury 5 73 123 -50 4 59.35 40
Oldham 5 82 156 -74 4 52.56 40
Newcastle 5 120 153 -33 3 78.43 30
Widnes 5 106 180 -74 3 58.89 30
Swinton 5 74 197 -123 0 37.56 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 2
 PLDFADIFFPNTSDIFFWP%
Rochdale 1 40 16 24 2 250 100
Keighley 1 44 18 26 2 244.44 100
Barrow 1 38 20 18 2 190 100
Workington 1 28 16 12 2 175 100
Crusaders 2 62 50 12 2 124 50
Hunslet 2 42 46 -4 2 91.30 50
 
Coventry 2 30 74 -44 2 40.54 50
LondonS 1 24 44 -20 0 54.55 0
Doncaster 1 18 44 -26 0 40.91 0
West Wales 2 26 76 -50 0 34.21 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 3
 PLDFADIFFPNTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 2 176 0 176 4 1,760 100
CastlefordW 2 84 6 78 4 1,400 100
WiganW 2 90 8 82 4 1,125 100
LeedsW 2 140 16 124 4 875 100
YorkW 1 16 68 -52 0 23.53 0
Wire W 1 8 52 -44 0 15.38 0
 
FeatherstoneW 2 6 112 -106 0 5.36 0
BradfordW 2 0 124 -124 0 0 0
Hudds W 1 0 90 -90 0 0 0
WakefieldW 1 0 44 -44 0 0 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X