Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Running Styles - Shoulder Charge

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Running Styles - Shoulder Charge
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:54 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Fantastic Mr Catpiss wrote:You're not the guy that stands a few crash barriers behind me in the south stand that shouts LEGS at every tackle, are you? Or his sister/wife/significant other that also does it?

Don’t know who is worse - them, the blokes that shout ‘Head it!!!’ at every kick to touch, or whistling guy.

Glad I moved to South East corner.

| Twitter | TopCashBack | Warrington Wolves Squadbuilder | Tata Consultancy Services

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:04 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I don't even think Sita leads with his shoulder particularly regardless. Just a bog standard run of the mill contact that Smith gets wrong as Walmsley got wrong against Mitch Brown. It happens. Crikey Nick Fozzard made a career out of leading with a forearm wrapped in a brick. If my coach/players were questioning that contact I'd be cringing.

Ettinghausen's gone ice skatin'

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:17 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Judder Man wrote:On the other side of the coin though if the ball carrier is allowed to charge in with the shoulder then the tackler must be allowed to do so as well as long there is no direct contact with the head.

Because they're two completely different things. As the player with the ball your a lot kore vunerable to the shoulder charge that a tackler.

Im the Saints game it was his poor teckling technique that caused the injury.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:41 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

ratticusfinch wrote:I don't even think Sita leads with his shoulder particularly regardless.

Of course he does. He's not trying to push the tackler back, he's recklessly attacking the defender with his shoulder.

The reaction to this on here is only so biased to it not being a problem because it's your player doing the damage. I can guarantee if it were LMS, Fifita or Flower doing it to one of your players there would suddenly be a few different opinions.

As I've said before my solution isn't to ban it, but to enable the defenders to tackle with the shoulder. It's completely unfair that the ball carrier can attack the head of the tacklers, knock them out and the defenders aren't allowed to use the shoulder the other way. If it's banned for the tackler, it has to be for the ball carrier as well. Deliberate or reckless head contact should be punished no matter who has the ball.

There's a massive difference between what Sita is doing and what every other player does. You dip the shoulder and charge/push, he's promoting it and hitting with it. The sad thing for him is that they will inevitably ban it and it's the only thing he does on a rugby field that has any impact. He's an utterly useless player other than this recent hatchet man role.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:43 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Saddened! wrote:Of course he does. He's not trying to push the tackler back, he's recklessly attacking the defender with his shoulder.

The reaction to this on here is only so biased to it not being a problem because it's your player doing the damage. I can guarantee if it were LMS, Fifita or Flower doing it to one of your players there would suddenly be a few different opinions.

As I've said before my solution isn't to ban it, but to enable the defenders to tackle with the shoulder. It's completely unfair that the ball carrier can attack the head of the tacklers, knock them out and the defenders aren't allowed to use the shoulder the other way. If it's banned for the tackler, it has to be for the ball carrier as well. Deliberate or reckless head contact should be punished no matter who has the ball.

There's a massive difference between what Sita is doing and what every other player does. You dip the shoulder and charge/push, he's promoting it and hitting with it. The sad thing for him is that they will inevitably ban it and it's the only thing he does on a rugby field that has any impact. He's an utterly useless player other than this recent hatchet man role.

LOL go cry somewhere else n be careful you don't melt in the sun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:49 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Utter utter rubbish Saddened. Amazingly most Saints seem to agree that Holbrook (and Saddened) are way off the mark here. See that kind of carry 50 times a game by a variety of players.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:21 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Saddened! wrote:Of course he does. He's not trying to push the tackler back, he's recklessly attacking the defender with his shoulder.

You may go and talk to some of your fellow posters on Red Vee, most of them have no issue with his 'technique'. Or are they biased too?

I could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure players are allowed to tackle with their shoulder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:23 pm 
100% League Network
100% League Network

Anyone else notice that the normally contrarian saddened has dropped in with the party line, desperately trying to wind us up?

he'll be disappearing again soon, don't worry.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:54 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Fantastic Mr Catpiss wrote:Anyone else notice that the normally contrarian saddened has dropped in with the party line, desperately trying to wind us up?

he'll be disappearing again soon, don't worry.

Will I? Sounds like you're going to ban me. :cry:

I'm not trying to wind anyone up. We'll see what happens with this, like I said I wouldn't ban it, I'd just let the tacklers use their shoulders as well, but punish head contact on both ends. I don't see what's so controversial about that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:06 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

What would you not be banning exactly? Not being able to tackle correctly? I would've thought this Nirvana of youth rugby that is St Helens' academy would've taught all their world class youngsters how to wrap a fella up. Is it a coincidence that the last two players to come off badly with Sita were young, small players who perhaps are not fully ready for the rigours of SL? Nobody else seem to have a problem with his running style? If anything Philbin leads with his shoulder more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:24 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com