Apr 13 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Oct 20 07:4621st Sep 20 09:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Officials - Simply not up to it : Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:48 am  
Superblue wrote:
Indeed, Hicks was clear in his own mind that it wasn’t a try and gave the decision.

So why would he want to send it upstairs?

By the same argument Hicks was clear in his own mind that Philbin, BMM, Fages, and Clark had scored tries so awarded them.

In both cases Hicks was clear in his own mind and therefore had no need to go to video.

When he was unclear in his mind he went to video

This 100% it seems to me that people only have a go when they don't agree with the outcome of a decision. People moan when they go to the screen too often and then when the ref is in a great position to make still moan. The ref took some guts after what he has been through recently to make that call as it was easier to go to the screen. The result has gone we either have to back the refs or change the whole set up of the video ref!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9642
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 06 200915 years98th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th May 24 21:5219th May 24 20:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Officials - Simply not up to it : Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:58 am  
Saddened! wrote:
Slight correction here. Absolutely nothing wrong with a wall of obstruction provided those players get there before the attackers. As long as they don't deliberately move to block the run of the attacker it's fine. If they get there first and just stand there it's good defending. As it is when defenders run slowly towards the catcher, as long as they don't look where the attackers are and block them it's fine. Obviously, normal rules about obstruction then kick in when the player catches the ball, if he uses the shield to dodge the chasers or runs into them stopping a chaser tackling him then it would be a penalty.

After the kick has been made, players are deliberately moving to create an obstruction.... any move to impede/obstruct the path of a player is blatantly obstruction... it has to be.

You sometimes see the odd player doing it... but rehearsed moves with 3 players? I've not seen it done like that before.... cheating in my book.
CW8 
RankPostsTeam
International Star3940
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 15 201311 years29th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th May 24 05:1717th May 24 11:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Officials - Simply not up to it : Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:14 am  
Defenders have a legitimate right to challenge for the ball and get bodies back but it'sndefinitely got a bit cloudy. What should really happen is your attacking kicker spots the rehearsed defensive move and kicks shorter to attack the space that they aren't defending in numbers.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9642
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 06 200915 years98th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th May 24 21:5219th May 24 20:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Officials - Simply not up to it : Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:28 am  
CW8 wrote:
Defenders have a legitimate right to challenge for the ball and get bodies back but it'sndefinitely got a bit cloudy. What should really happen is your attacking kicker spots the rehearsed defensive move and kicks shorter to attack the space that they aren't defending in numbers.

Yes, defenders have a right to challenge... but these players arent challenging.. they arent even jumping for the ball... They are creating an obstruction that shields the person receiving the ball.

It's impossible for an attacking kicker, to spot 3 players forming a wall of obstruction, AFTER the ball has been kicked?

I dont know why its bothered me so much really, as we won the game easy enough. It just reeks of pre-rehearsed obstruction.... Just shows they were playing a bit scared of us really i suppose... maybe if they had worried more about their own game, they wouldn't have been played off the park.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4209No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 20186 years27th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th May 24 11:5014th May 24 11:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Officials - Simply not up to it : Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:07 pm  
Saddened! wrote:
I posted a congratulations post on here and have been enjoying the sunshine since. I should take it as a compliment that you're complaining that I've not posted since Saturday I guess :wink:

As for the other allegations, can I just clarify that I've not sent anyone death threats. My tweet was a jokey reference to the PR spin they did midweek about his death threat from the Warrington fan, nothing more sinister than that. I thought putting the 'kindly worded' bit would make that clear but obviously through the cold anonymity of a tweet a few people didn't understand the reference as they haven't got the intelligence to or hadn't seen the piece on Hicks. Perhaps a winking emoji might have helped as well, but I guess I've learned my lesson. I've had several 60 year olds who shouldn't be allowed near the internet hounding me all weekend and one of them threatening to poison my dogs as she knows where I live and they bark too loudly and smell bizarrely enough (I don't have dogs). :lol:

My thoughs on the game haven't changed. You were brilliant and deserved to win. We were awful and thoroughly deserved to lose. Hicks panicked and blew his day in the sunshine and that should cost him the Grand Final gig. I think it's clear the standard of the officials is grating everyone and whilst everything is hilarious because you won on Saturday, if you lost the Grand Final to Saints or Wigan after Hicks didn't refer a clear Wire try upstairs you'd be exactly the same. Sam Tomkins not getting sent off is still mentioned bi-weekly at kids football training for example, as this one will be on the parks and fields of St Helens for the next 12 years until we reach another final.

Peace chaps, I'll be back to discuss our mental frailties as we get near the play offs. First got to see if we can become the first club to break a 120 odd year old record for league performance and still end the season with no trophies.

I'm not surprised that you've been too cowardly to post a reply to my post on another thread on this board.
You claimed we had deficiencies, were arrogant and embarrassing. Then you ask for how to get hold of Hicks so that can send a nicely worded death threat to him. Utterly classless and embarrassing to your club, players, and fellow supporters in defeat.
You cannot even have the decency to even apologise for your actions, nor congratulate Wire on their victory within the post above.
Have you been banned from Redvee, as it's very strange you've suddenly turned up on here wanting to be bezzies with us all of a sudden.
Your way lower than AS108 in my opinion, just take your whining over Saturday's result elsewhere.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29202No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 10 200321 years100th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th May 24 15:2226th Apr 24 14:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Officials - Simply not up to it : Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:51 pm  
MorePlaymakersNeeded wrote:
I'm not surprised that you've been too cowardly to post a reply to my post on another thread on this board.

Where is it? I've not seen it?

You claimed we had deficiencies, were arrogant and embarrassing.

Please show me where I've been arrogant? Please. I'm anything but that. I get ripped to pieces by the Saints fans because I don't go round claiming we're amazing and am realistic about our chances. The only thing I posted is that we should win. And we should have done, we were clear favourites and have beaten you 3 times this season. You were brilliant and prevented that happening, but Saints should be capable of winning that game. But they weren't, such is sport. Nothing arrogant there though, most of your own fans were less confident of a Wire win than I was.

Then you ask for how to get hold of Hicks so that can send a nicely worded death threat to him. Utterly classless and embarrassing to your club, players, and fellow supporters in defeat.
You cannot even have the decency to even apologise for your actions, nor congratulate Wire on their victory within the post above.

I've got nothing to apologise for, other than maybe posting an edgy joke on Twitter. I wasn't sending a death threat to anyone, you're just not intelligent enough to get the reference. Or you've not seen the new story on him meeting your fellow Warrington fan who actually sent him a death threat?

You say I've not congratulated Wire on their victory? I posted a thread on here doing just that? I've said repeatedly you were brilliant? This was a thread about the referees, started by a Wire fan (Or someone claiming to be one).

Have you been banned from Redvee, as it's very strange you've suddenly turned up on here wanting to be bezzies with us all of a sudden. Your way lower than AS108 in my opinion, just take your whining over Saturday's result elsewhere.

Make your mind up :lol: You're calling me out for not replying, then calling me out for posting on here. I've not been banned from Redvee, I've not even been told off by Twitter, but the woman who threatened to poison the dogs I don't have has had her account suspended :lol: . But for you, if it makes you feel better, apologies for my joke on Twitter. Hand on heart, that's all it was.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8595No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 07 200519 years119th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th May 24 20:2618th May 24 19:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Officials - Simply not up to it : Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:53 pm  
Hope Warrington put a complaint in to the rfl over hicks we lost the pen count 4-2 with our 2 pens coming in 1st half ..walmsley shoulder charge lineham disallowed try nowt wrong with it king taking one round the chops blatent penalty and should of been a yellow...and saints are the ones moaning...
RankPostsTeam
International Star3084No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 29 201212 years21st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Oct 23 18:501st Oct 23 18:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Officials - Simply not up to it : Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:07 pm  
God roll on tomorrow and we can move on from the micro analysis of that flaming non-try.

With any luck whoever is reffing Saints Friday will have a dark sense of humour, dispatch a couple of them to the sinbin and do a conga down the pitch with the VR to celebrate a Cas win.

That should enable redvee to find something new to wring their hands over.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13641
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 25 200618 years9th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th May 24 22:4321st May 24 10:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Officials - Simply not up to it : Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:53 am  
If the roles were reversed and we had that perfectly valid try not given and we went on to lose we would be up in arms calling it a RL conspiracy.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8595No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 07 200519 years119th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th May 24 20:2618th May 24 19:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Officials - Simply not up to it : Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:55 am  
Wires71 wrote:
If the roles were reversed and we had that perfectly valid try not given and we went on to lose we would be up in arms calling it a RL conspiracy.

Thing is it weren't a try and we did have one chalked off for sumert Cunningham made an art of...
PreviousNext