FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wire Website - Are we nearly there yet ?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2627
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 06 200519 years9th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 05:0018th Apr 24 17:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Ettinghausen's gone ice skatin'

Re: Wire Website - Are we nearly there yet ? : Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:51 am  
Wasnt it Shankly who said to give the opposition 'toffee'? KF seems intent on doing the opposite which would rile me if i were coach. You dont need trash talk to build up hype around a game. It's crass, lazy and will backfire.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16252
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 12 200420 years61st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Apr 24 17:4527th Feb 24 19:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019
League Leaders 2011 2016

Re: Wire Website - Are we nearly there yet ? : Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:50 pm  
Paul Youane wrote:
I wonder whether the new website launch might be happening to coincide the club's official season launch next week?

That's the normal sort of thing you'd do.

As for not updating the honours board for the Challenge Cup win last year maybe somebody has took the same view of many on here apparently and decided Challenge Cups count for nothing until we've won a Super League title.

To be honest though I don't need to go on the club's website to check whether we won the Challenge Cup last year. I have my memories from being there on the day to confirm it. Guess if you weren't there on the day you might need the website honours board to remind you.

The purpose of the club website isn't to remind existing fans what they have won, its presenting the club brand to the rest of the world and most importantly to the new audience.

Surely "2019 Challenge Cup Winners" should be a key part of the brand that we should be shouting from the rooftops. It shouldn't just be about whether the bit in the honours section was updated.

I remember back when Bradford Bulls were a thing, they beat Newcastle Knights in the WCC game and they had the whole "follow the World Champions" branding ready to go next day.

For any fan potentially new to rugby league who is browsing about the club website I would want them to pick up some messages pretty quickly:
- we're one of the better teams
- we've won four Challenge Cups in the past decade
- there's a lineage of legends at the club, including the greatest try scorer in history
- we've just signed Gareth Widdop who is a big deal
- Blake Austin has a highlights montage that would make say a general RU or sports fan think, this guy is worth watching

I know you probably think that me and Wires71 have a bee in our bonnet about a petty point and hopefully when the new website is launched it will all go away.

I think what grates with me more than the general sloppiness is that if I was working at the club and had access to updating the website, I'd have gone on and updated the 2019 win to the club honours board on the night of the cup final win. Not because it was my job but because I'd just want to see it when I clicked refresh and it was up there proudly on the page. We haven't won that many trophies since I've watched the club so I want that to be something we make a big deal of.

I'm also a bit disappointed that in general the fanbase seems to have taken a 'meh, it was ok' attitude to winning that cup. It was the best big game performance I've ever seen from a Wire team. We made a far bigger deal over losing at Wembley in 1990 than we did of winning in 2019.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7603No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 31 200321 years218th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Apr 24 13:3612th Apr 24 13:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Wire Website - Are we nearly there yet ? : Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:14 pm  
sally cinnamon wrote:
The purpose of the club website isn't to remind existing fans what they have won, its presenting the club brand to the rest of the world and most importantly to the new audience.

Surely "2019 Challenge Cup Winners" should be a key part of the brand that we should be shouting from the rooftops. It shouldn't just be about whether the bit in the honours section was updated.

I remember back when Bradford Bulls were a thing, they beat Newcastle Knights in the WCC game and they had the whole "follow the World Champions" branding ready to go next day.

For any fan potentially new to rugby league who is browsing about the club website I would want them to pick up some messages pretty quickly:
- there's a lineage of legends at the club, including the greatest try scorer in history
- Blake Austin has a highlights montage that would make say a general RU or sports fan think, this guy is worth watching

I know you probably think that me and Wires71 have a bee in our bonnet about a petty point and hopefully when the new website is launched it will all go away.

I think what grates with me more than the general sloppiness is that if I was working at the club and had access to updating the website, I'd have gone on and updated the 2019 win to the club honours board on the night of the cup final win. Not because it was my job but because I'd just want to see it when I clicked refresh and it was up there proudly on the page. We haven't won that many trophies since I've watched the club so I want that to be something we make a big deal of.

I'm also a bit disappointed that in general the fanbase seems to have taken a 'meh, it was ok' attitude to winning that cup. It was the best big game performance I've ever seen from a Wire team. We made a far bigger deal over losing at Wembley in 1990 than we did of winning in 2019.

Agree they should have updated the website the same night.

Anyway I'm off in to exile again mate. I'll leave this place to the "serious fans". Seems if you don't agree people just do out of order things; so not for me.

If you ever up here and fancy a catch up over a pint again let us know.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4478
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 17 20159 years12th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 06:0218th Apr 24 21:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.

Re: Wire Website - Are we nearly there yet ? : Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:50 pm  
Paul Youane wrote:

Anyway I'm off in to exile again mate. I'll leave this place to the "serious fans". Seems if you don't agree people just do out of order things; so not for me.

I think you do a fair few regular posters a disservice. There is more than one view point represented on here, there is no reason not to post your own views.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13571
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 25 200618 years10th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 22:5618th Apr 24 18:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Wire Website - Are we nearly there yet ? : Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:46 am  
Paul Youane wrote:

I didn't realise using a first name was in breach of the AUP "out of order" and I won't do it again and the post has been edited.

No need to flounce out. PM me and we can sort it out in person.
RankPostsTeam
International Star626
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 02 201014 years265th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 20:029th Apr 24 12:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Wire Website - Are we nearly there yet ? : Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:59 pm  
I Emailed KF to see what was going on with Website re, lack of updates, fair play to him i have got a reply.

Hi Gareth

Thanks for the note.

Absolutely, we were hoping to launch the new site pre- Christmas but we needed a little more time to ensure it was fully tested and rich in content. We are hoping to launch it before the start of the first Super League fixture.

Agree, RE current website, it’s average at best!
Regards,

Karl Fitzpatrick
CEO
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach909
JoinedServiceReputation
May 09 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Oct 22 20:2117th Jan 20 14:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Wire Website - Are we nearly there yet ? : Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:09 pm  
Club website due to be replaced at end of January. Much needed and I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks and if I can make it through a full purchase without an error page. Good times.
NtW 
RankPostsTeam
International Star530
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 16 201212 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Apr 21 14:5029th Feb 20 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
//www.warringtonrugbyheritage.com

Dedicated to preserving the history of rugby league in Warrington

Re: Wire Website - Are we nearly there yet ? : Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:38 pm  
sally cinnamon wrote:

My website was updated with the Challenge Cup win by 10pm on the Saturday night!

The previous honours page was incomplete anyway (in relation to the South West Lancs League for example). Tbf, the club have acknowledged this, and I believe are doing something about it with the new site.

For those interested, my site is www.warringtonrugbyheritage.com
sally cinnamon wrote:

My website was updated with the Challenge Cup win by 10pm on the Saturday night!

The previous honours page was incomplete anyway (in relation to the South West Lancs League for example). Tbf, the club have acknowledged this, and I believe are doing something about it with the new site.

For those interested, my site is www.warringtonrugbyheritage.com
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4201No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 20186 years24th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 21:1517th Apr 24 17:02LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Wire Website - Are we nearly there yet ? : Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:52 pm  
Paul Youane wrote:

That would be a pity as all views should be welcome.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2950No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 01 200618 years302nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 10:279th Apr 24 09:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
You know I've always been a dreamer

Re: Wire Website - Are we nearly there yet ? : Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:51 am  
Hopefully not long to go now re: new website.
PreviousNext