FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Today’s game v Wakefield.
CW8 
RankPostsTeam
International Star3935
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 15 201310 years25th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 22:3017th Apr 24 19:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Today’s game v Wakefield. : Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:20 pm  
:lol:
Wires71 wrote:
Magic. And this 2nd boiler keeps telling you it knows what type of radiators it's got.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent. As is the boiler analogy post.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2711
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 10 20195 years59th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 12:2916th Apr 24 12:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Today’s game v Wakefield. : Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:26 pm  
moving on... wrote:
Imagine you had no boiler (you're from Yorkshire so shouldn't be too hard), you've lived many years with only a fire for in one room that only heats 1/4 of your house. One day you come home and surprise the wife that you've bought a central heating system.

Life is great. The house is warm and cozy all the time. One day though, about 8 years later the boiler breaks down, it's understandable, you got a good run out it, it did a good job and ran its course so you buy a new one.

This boiler is hit and miss though, it was only a cheap budget one because the old boiler you had broke down suddenly, you didn't see it coming so you didn't have the money available for a better one or at worst the same again. The budget boiler you now have only heats up one quarter of the house!

The news is reporting that the coldest day for a century is coming. Remarkably, the boiler suddenly works on the coldest day ever then breaks down again. You're ecstatic that you had heat on the coldest day and survived a humiliating death via frostbite but now you still have to live with a gaff that's still 3/4 cold.

Try explaining to your Mrs that it doesn't matter... You're still better off than you were 10 years ago when you only had a little fire in one room.

Are you though? That little fire may have only heated one room but it consistently did so and never went out. This boiler you now have only heats the same space your only fire did, except the boiler still stutters and cuts out every now and then. The fire didn't do that.

Most Yorkshire folk take out Breakdown cover for their boilers. We’re not all thick northerners :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain27No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 29 20176 years310th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Jan 24 13:5030th Jul 23 15:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Today’s game v Wakefield. : Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:22 pm  
TrinityIHC wrote:
I was thinking that - this is like a golden age to be a wire fan, team full of internationals and marquee players, relatively recently moved into what many agree to be the best Rugby League ground in the league, winning silverware or at least challenging at the top end.

Your man should try and be a Wakey fan for a few years, that would soon make him appreciate what hes got!

I appreciate what you are trying to say, but golden age is far from the truth, yes we have a few challenge cups under our belt, and given I had to wait from 1975 till 1990 then again till 2009, I appreciate every Wembley visit, but as you say we have a team full of internationals. This is the team I have had to watch playing under Price when and if they choose to do so, they seem to be only able to motivate themselves against. The so called big teams or one off cup games. Give me a team of so called second string players who give their all week in week out for the shirt and the badge. Look at what Watson has done with a team, perceived to be no hopers and relegation fodder at the beginning of last year, a team spending nowhere near the cap. My point being This is a bad time, the here and now. A team the coach can not motivate. I pay good money to watch the lads and appreciate a team that gives me effort, week in week out. I could stay at home, I could decide this is the year I don’t buy another season ticket, but I am ever the optimist. I want the monkey off our back, and want to be there when this happens, I just can not see it happening with Steve Price at the helm. I hope I am proved wrong, however recent form 10 league losses from the last 12 outings is relegation material, hardly a golden time to be a Wire.
I would like to see open expansive rugby, of which we have seen one move of note this year, Charnleys try against Saints, all our other tries have been barge overs from dummy half or BMM onto a short ball. Our attack with a team full of Internationals only seem to break a team down from broken play. This Must be down to coaching.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1156
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 08 200915 years235th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 13:3717th Apr 24 07:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Today’s game v Wakefield. : Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:07 am  
It is not ok in any circumstances in a sporting context to accept losing, whether being a participant or a supporter. Once you start to accept losing the rot sets in and it becomes very difficult to remove.

Warrington Wolves are becoming comfortable with losing as the stats clearly show (10 from 12). This has to be addressed immediately otherwise its another year down the drain.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4961
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 28 200222 years315th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Feb 24 16:0319th Feb 24 12:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
There's Only One F in Wakefield

Re: Today’s game v Wakefield. : Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:24 pm  
wires1967 wrote:
I appreciate what you are trying to say, but golden age is far from the truth, yes we have a few challenge cups under our belt, and given I had to wait from 1975 till 1990 then again till 2009, I appreciate every Wembley visit, but as you say we have a team full of internationals. This is the team I have had to watch playing under Price when and if they choose to do so, they seem to be only able to motivate themselves against. The so called big teams or one off cup games. Give me a team of so called second string players who give their all week in week out for the shirt and the badge. Look at what Watson has done with a team, perceived to be no hopers and relegation fodder at the beginning of last year, a team spending nowhere near the cap. My point being This is a bad time, the here and now. A team the coach can not motivate. I pay good money to watch the lads and appreciate a team that gives me effort, week in week out. I could stay at home, I could decide this is the year I don’t buy another season ticket, but I am ever the optimist. I want the monkey off our back, and want to be there when this happens, I just can not see it happening with Steve Price at the helm. I hope I am proved wrong, however recent form 10 league losses from the last 12 outings is relegation material, hardly a golden time to be a Wire.
I would like to see open expansive rugby, of which we have seen one move of note this year, Charnleys try against Saints, all our other tries have been barge overs from dummy half or BMM onto a short ball. Our attack with a team full of Internationals only seem to break a team down from broken play. This Must be down to coaching.

I take your point about success bringing its own pressure, but as a fan of a club constantly flirting with relegation, playing out of the worst ground in the league, in full knowledge that if we get relegated we will become semi pro and on a par with Featherstone, it's hard to be too sympathetic tbh. Im just grateful we've stopped lurching from disaster to disaster and having to buy a whole new squad each year :lol:
Saxy 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain100
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 19 20177 years305th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Apr 24 19:095th Oct 23 17:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Today’s game v Wakefield. : Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:50 am  
Wires71 wrote:
Magic. And this 2nd boiler keeps telling you it knows what type of radiators it's got.

And that both the boiler and the radiators performed brilliantly on the testing bench
Previous