WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Widdop back to NRL?

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Widdop back to NRL?

Re: Widdop back to NRL? Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:31 pm  
MorePlaymakersNeeded Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Even his moustache is absolute quality.
Re: Widdop back to NRL? Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:34 pm  

Or thane wrote:
Or thane Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

MorePlaymakersNeeded wrote:
Even his moustache is absolute quality.

ha ha ha ha ha :lol:
Re: Widdop back to NRL? Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:19 am  

rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

I still say its bollox. It doesn’t make any sense to me. Widdop said he came here to be with family as one of the main reasons.
The agent trying to stir up a frenzy to get a good NRL deal for Norman elsewhere imo. Just using Widdop as leverage.
once a wire always a wire
Re: Widdop back to NRL? Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:46 am  
Deus Dat Incrementum Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Sounds to me like the recent negotiated player salary reductions have played a part in this a bit like the Luke Thompson move. And if that is the case I don't blame him, he has 3 years to earn as much as he can why would he take a reduction here if he can earn it in Australia. If this move comes off the revolving door of half backs is getting a bit tiresome.
Good job we didn't offload Dec Patton
Re: Widdop back to NRL? Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:41 am  

User avatareasyWire wrote:
easyWire User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Deus Dat Incrementum wrote:
Good job we didn't offload Dec Patton

About time to give Riley Dean a chance as back-up half to cover Ratchford/Austin. Looked impressive in both defence and attack, and seemed to have that air of confidence that good half-backs need.

Since this season is essentially a leveller across the league table, it's a unique opportunity to try out some of our academy talent.
Re: Widdop back to NRL? Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:19 am  

shinymcshine wrote:
shinymcshine Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I wouldn't question anyone reassessing their life choices under the current C-19 situation.

It's strange times and sometimes you just have to do whatever feels best for yourself, your family & career.

Good luck to him regardless of whether he stays or goes.
Re: Widdop back to NRL? Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:39 am  
St Helens Wolf Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

rubber duckie wrote:
I still say its bollox. It doesn’t make any sense to me. Widdop said he came here to be with family as one of the main reasons.
The agent trying to stir up a frenzy to get a good NRL deal for Norman elsewhere imo. Just using Widdop as leverage.

No doubt all will be revealed in due course but I agree that this may have more to do with Norman than it does Widdop and the fact that they share the same agent.

Also, too early to say whether or not the Widdop signing is worth the money anyway.
Re: Widdop back to NRL? Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:53 am  

rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

I think you’re all following a pied piper. I don’t believe it, it goes against everything Widdop said last season.
If you remember he wouldn’t be drawn into any discussion about his signing to Warrington because he was intent of giving everything for St George.
When the NRL 2019 season finished, he was lapping up being a Wire and wanting to engage with family here.
I don’t buy it. I might look a lone tool again, but I’ve had that before and came out smelling of apple blossom.
once a wire always a wire
Re: Widdop back to NRL? Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:48 am  
Dita's Slot Meter User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

rubber duckie wrote:
I don’t buy it. I might look a lone tool again, but I’ve had that before and came out smelling of apple blossom.

What's that old saying??..

..'If you throw enough sh!+e at a wall, some of it eventually sticks??'.... :wink:
And so you aim towards the sky,
And you'll rise high today,
Fly away, Far away,
Far from pain....
Re: Widdop back to NRL? Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:27 am  
Matt King's kitten User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Getting a little tired of our continual search for the magic bullet former NRL half-back only for it fail and fail again. Would like to see either Patton or Dean fill that third HB role or if we are going to recruit, how about a return for Gaz O'Brien? Shouldn't have been allowed to leave in the first place imo.
PreviousNext