Mar 23 20186 years41st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 09:1222nd Mar 24 13:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull FC + Covid : Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:01 pm  
Lord Tony Smith wrote:
So you have no problem with Blake Austin going to Anfield partying with thousands of supporters during lockdown? The club disagree.

Lets get real here, I'm not asking players to give up their families or donate their organs. I'm simply suggesting they use a bit of common sense and make small sacrifices such as maybe not going on the ale with their mates or going to football stadiums and celebrating title wins.

Would be great if you could enlighten me on these restrictions. Given I don't work for the RFL or a SL club you'd be absolutely right to say I do not know what restrictions are in place but given that we have had 6 positive tests after week one it would be fair to say that these 'restrictions' aren't looking particularly serviceable to me.

According to our owner Adam Pearson, in his considered opinion, this particular outbreak could be the result of one of our players taking his new born baby to hospital, and returning to training after this event, which has subsequently triggered the contagion, he didn’t say which player or which hospital, although not proven, he seems to think this is probably what happened. Said player was not due to play in the game against Salford.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7602No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 31 200321 years209th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Mar 24 09:4717th Feb 24 09:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull FC + Covid : Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:24 pm  
Lord Tony Smith wrote:
So you have no problem with Blake Austin going to Anfield partying with thousands of supporters during lockdown? The club disagree.

Lets get real here, I'm not asking players to give up their families or donate their organs. I'm simply suggesting they use a bit of common sense and make small sacrifices such as maybe not going on the ale with their mates or going to football stadiums and celebrating title wins.

Would be great if you could enlighten me on these restrictions. Given I don't work for the RFL or a SL club you'd be absolutely right to say I do not know what restrictions are in place but given that we have had 6 positive tests after week one it would be fair to say that these 'restrictions' aren't looking particularly serviceable to me.

My view is that the players comply with same guidelines that apply to us all, when in public or in our workplace. So no I don't agree with what Austin did but what would you expect from a firework firing red-nose.

You have seemed to have moved from their families not even be allowed to go shopping to now just requiring common sense. Quite a shift in one page, about as consistent as government messaging around trips to Barnard Castle. It's good to see that Hull are also playing "responsible parenting" card. Not knowing the circumstances of the hospital visit or the like but it may have been sensible for that player to self-isolate after his trip.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16252
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 12 200419 years58th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Mar 24 20:0627th Feb 24 19:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019
League Leaders 2011 2016

Re: Hull FC + Covid : Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:49 pm  
Paul Youane wrote:
My view is that the players comply with same guidelines that apply to us all, when in public or in our workplace. So no I don't agree with what Austin did but what would you expect from a firework firing red-nose.

That is right in terms of SL players should not be expected to have some social duty over and above the rest of society to do their bit for public health.

But from the club's perspective they have a duty to make sacrifices over and above the rest of society, to keep covid out of the dressing room so that we can put 17 fit players out every week and maximise our chances of winning the SL title. They already make sacrifices over and above the rest of society for this reason. They don't have the freedom to go for 6 pints and a greasy kebab like many of their peers in other jobs would after clocking off a shift, because that would reduce our chances of winning RL games. With covid, individual behaviour can put the whole dressing room at risk and disrupt the coaching staff's ability to prepare for a game, if they have to have other players isolating or ruled out.

What if we go on a winning run and look well set for the playoffs then a covid bout near the end of the season messes us up and we lose 4 on the spin and its season over. We can't remove these risks altogether, but players should do everything they can to limit the risk through their behaviour. Same as you can't remove the risk of a player getting a freak injury on the field but we expect them to ensure they are as well conditioned as possible to reduce the risk.
fez1 
RankPostsTeam
International Star2328
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 21 201113 years132nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Mar 24 22:5426th Mar 24 07:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull FC + Covid : Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:02 pm  
Alffi_7 wrote:
We don't know whether any Hull FC player has broken guidelines at this stage, this article suggests there was no wrong doing.

https://www.totalrl.com/hull-fc-owner-l ... -outbreak/

Only if this becomes a weekly occurrence will the season be scuppered, looks like Super League are rearranging fixtures so that the impact on the fixture list is minimised.

Hopefully this can be used as an example for the clubs and players that it hasn't gone anywhere and everyone needs to remain vigilant.

I wasn't specifically referring to the Hull players, but it may be appropriate. We'll have to wait and see.
But subsequent posts referred to players from other clubs - all of whom should know better.

Let's hope everyone recovers ok and test results for those who have been tested come back negative.
Alffi_7 wrote:
We don't know whether any Hull FC player has broken guidelines at this stage, this article suggests there was no wrong doing.

https://www.totalrl.com/hull-fc-owner-l ... -outbreak/

Only if this becomes a weekly occurrence will the season be scuppered, looks like Super League are rearranging fixtures so that the impact on the fixture list is minimised.

Hopefully this can be used as an example for the clubs and players that it hasn't gone anywhere and everyone needs to remain vigilant.

I wasn't specifically referring to the Hull players, but it may be appropriate. We'll have to wait and see.
But subsequent posts referred to players from other clubs - all of whom should know better.

Let's hope everyone recovers ok and test results for those who have been tested come back negative.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4198No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 20186 years24th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Mar 24 21:4724th Mar 24 20:46LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull FC + Covid : Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:31 pm  
This has nothing to do with Hull or rugby league, but just a very recent observation to illustrate why its going to be difficult in stopping the spread of Covid19

I drove through Stockton Heath this evening, and was shocked by how close together the tables are outside the eateries, which are encroaching onto the pavement. There was hardly a seat that was free. If one individual amongst them is carry this virus, then there will be one large outbreak to follow. The authorities should be having a word with restaurant owners with a view to getting distance between, and the tables away from the payment. Common sense is not being used in this one example, and there will be many other instances where the same is happening.

It's going to be very difficult for everyone in the coming months, and that's with attitudes changing for the better. Money and the economy is being traded against peoples welfare.
RankPostsTeam
International Star3853
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 18 201013 years37th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Oct 23 20:4530th Sep 23 21:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
And so you aim towards the sky,
And you'll rise high today,
Fly away, Far away,
Far from pain....

Re: Hull FC + Covid : Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:13 pm  
MorePlaymakersNeeded wrote:
Money and the economy is being traded against peoples welfare.

Money and the economy dictate people's welfare, as we are already seeing and will see further over the next decade, so saying we are somehow trading them is a ridiculous thing to say. If you destroy your economy, you destroy your welfare.

The fear is now as dangerous as the virus. In a decade's time, we will look at the aftermath of massive cancer deaths and mental health epidemics and wonder what the hell we were playing at.
RankPostsTeam
International Star9780No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 01 201014 years51st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Mar 24 16:1520th Mar 24 16:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull FC + Covid : Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:36 pm  
Paul Youane wrote:
You have seemed to have moved from their families not even be allowed to go shopping to now just requiring common sense. Quite a shift in one page, about as consistent as government messaging around trips to Barnard Castle. It's good to see that Hull are also playing "responsible parenting" card. Not knowing the circumstances of the hospital visit or the like but it may have been sensible for that player to self-isolate after his trip.

No shift at all. Common sense would be avoiding busy shops during a pandemic, ordering food online, the club prepping/delivering food to players houses. Again, I’m not asking for much.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16252
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 12 200419 years58th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Mar 24 20:0627th Feb 24 19:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019
League Leaders 2011 2016

Re: Hull FC + Covid : Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:04 am  
Dita's Slot Meter wrote:
Money and the economy dictate people's welfare, as we are already seeing and will see further over the next decade, so saying we are somehow trading them is a ridiculous thing to say. If you destroy your economy, you destroy your welfare.

The fear is now as dangerous as the virus. In a decade's time, we will look at the aftermath of massive cancer deaths and mental health epidemics and wonder what the hell we were playing at.

Reopening everything doesn't stop cancer deaths, it just increases the number of people who will go into the NHS needing acute care and diverts resources away from cancer care.

The only way to let the NHS start to catch up dealing with the backlog of people needing treatment for other things is to stop the covid cases going in.

Also the more people who contract covid, the greater the number of people in the population who survive the illness but suffer long-term damage that requires ongoing health support, which is also a diversion of health resources over the long term.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16916
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 15 200816 years73rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 13:2027th Mar 24 12:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Packs Win Games
Great Packs Make All Backs Look Class
#onceawirealwaysawire

Re: Hull FC + Covid : Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:01 am  
That’s a cover up story. Trying to paste a moral, baby approach.
Bullshat imo.
No details just that. If he gave anymore, it would probably blow the cover up, with irregular dates.
RankPostsTeam
International Star9780No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 01 201014 years51st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Mar 24 16:1520th Mar 24 16:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull FC + Covid : Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:10 am  
rubber duckie wrote:
That’s a cover up story. Trying to paste a moral, baby approach.
Bullshat imo.
No details just that. If he gave anymore, it would probably blow the cover up, with irregular dates.

I thought the same.
PreviousNext