WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Huddersfield Game

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Huddersfield Game

Re: Huddersfield Game Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:59 am  

fez1 wrote:
fez1 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Wirefan wrote:
I’m yet to understand what BMM did to deserve even a penalty let alone yellow or worse. Games gone soft

I thought it was contact with the head to be honest.
In mitigation the attacker was already going down and this is possibly the reason it wasn't red.

I suspect Mr. Numan would not agree :lol:
Re: Huddersfield Game Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:02 am  

Or thane wrote:
Or thane Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Not a great game at all, if they didn't lose Matty English and Ukuma Ta'ai we wouldn't have won that.
I thought Hughes played well at 13 and i think he's suited to it. Forward pack was solid and Lineham and Currie played well. Widdop doesn't seem to do much at all from what i've seen, but he scored a great try and he had a few flashes of brilliant plays so i'm hoping he keeps improving.
I really like Akauola but i think he literally played 15 maybe 20 minutes today in total. For me give Sammy Kibula or Latu a go , they can't be any worse......well i hope.
Loved prices reaction and response at the end, clearly thought it was a crap game aswell.
Re: Huddersfield Game Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:45 am  

Captain Hook wrote:
Captain Hook Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

We are the rugby equivalent of unflavoured porridge. It does a job but there is no joy in it.
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
Re: Huddersfield Game Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:31 am  

GiantJake1988 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Any honest Warrington fan would admit you were very very lucky in that game.

1. Direct contact to the head leaving a player unable to finish the game is 100% a red card. Giants down to 16 players.

2. Austin cheating Thaler to prevent a try to then get straight up and carry on. Very poor from Austin.

3. Warrington 2nd try was miles forward.

You lot won’t make the top 4 for me .....unless your games are reffed by Ben Thaler week in week out.
Re: Huddersfield Game Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:53 am  

User avatarWho are ya!! wrote:
Who are ya!! User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

GiantJake1988 wrote:

1. Direct contact to the head leaving a player unable to finish the game is 100% a red card. Giants down to 16 players.

2. Austin cheating Thaler to prevent a try to then get straight up and carry on. Very poor from Austin.

3. Warrington 2nd try was miles forward.

You lot won’t make the top 4 for me .....unless your games are reffed by Ben Thaler week in week out.

:BOOHOO:
Re: Huddersfield Game Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:04 am  

User avatarSaxy wrote:
Saxy User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

Watched most of the second half live last night and just seen the first....is it just me or were Hudds much better at running angles, offloading and generally stretching our defence, changing the direction of play and keeping us guessing? Our 5 drives and a kick really looked woefully predictable by comparison, and Hudds with a full bench - or any team with a half-decent squad and a modicum of pre-match video analysis - should surely be able to completely shut down anything we throw at them. Question is: who in the squad does that, apart from Daz and Ratch in space from our own half? Ashton had moments of it way back in Feb/March, but I'm pushed to find many others in our current line-up who either can or haven't had it coached out of them....
Re: Huddersfield Game Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:14 am  

ninearches wrote:
ninearches Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Disturbing how many neck injuries Huddersfield players picked up , & i think the result would have been a lot different if Hudds hadn't lost their full rotation. You would think also that so called top class players would be able to play by avoiding yellow/red card offences. At least our forwards were making big in roads into the Huddersfield defence & we have two up & coming props in Charnley & Lineham.
Still a win is a win & what matters is how many we beat Leeds ,Saints & Wigan by.
Re: Huddersfield Game Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:49 am  
Dita's Slot Meter User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

GiantJake1988 wrote:

Most sensible Wire fans will agree with you on both of those points.

If these sort of boring, turgid displays continue for Wire, then it's obvious we have to let Price see out this truncated season, while, behind the scenes, the board are making serious efforts to fetch in a coach who can actually get the squad to play an a watchable brand of RL.

The obvious shout is Watson from Salford, followed by maybe a bit of NZ style flair that Stephen Kearney could provide.
And so you aim towards the sky,
And you'll rise high today,
Fly away, Far away,
Far from pain....
Re: Huddersfield Game Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:50 am  

Captain Hook wrote:
Captain Hook Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

We seem incapable of creating an overlap.
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
Re: Huddersfield Game Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:55 am  
The Railwayman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

How many times do we have to hear ....."our attack was a bit clunky tonight" ... before the powers that be realise that Price is clueless. We have arguably the best attacking spine in SL and is being wasted. and the rest of the squad is pretty decent as well. . In the next couple of years we may lose Hill, Coops, Ratch, Austin, Widdop, Charnley, and possibly others. For goodness sake 5 drives and a "kick and hope" is hopeless.

Where are the ..... "right then, we are in the opposition 10 what do we do?. Is it code word 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 ,or 10 training moves ? . Price has had what 18m to come up with ONE training ground attacking move and I have yet to see it. Every other team seems to be more creative with the ball than us. Why ?.
PreviousNext