GI is committed to the club Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:31 am  
Huddersfield1895 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Re: GI is committed to the club Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:21 am  

Robwire wrote:
Robwire Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

‘He’s going to win us the super league title by himself.’

Let’s not get excited until we’ve seen him play.
Re: GI is committed to the club Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:59 pm  
Winslade's Offload 100% League Network
100% League Network

Unless we hold a players family as hostage for the duration of the contract I would be disinclined to believe any comments from a new signing these days, particularly from Oz. And we could hold a competition for the best interview comments;

" Ever since I was an embryo in my ma's belly I wanted to play for Wirrington"

" I am really looking forward to my stay in Wallington. I know the area really well and am looking forward to sailing on the Mersey"
Re: GI is committed to the club Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:55 pm  
MorePlaymakersNeeded Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

"I hear the surfing at Howley Weir is the dingo's didgeridoo"
Re: GI is committed to the club Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:25 pm  
lefty goldblatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

"Strewth, mate. I'm really looking forward to having a few tinnies with Dancing Chris at Central Station, sharing chips with him outside Mike & Martha's, and then getting changed for the match.

Oh Warrington
Is wonderful
Oh Warrington is wonderful
It's full of...."
Neither glass half full or empty. Just a realist.
Re: GI is committed to the club Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:17 pm  

User avatarMr Snoodle wrote:
Mr Snoodle User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Give the guy a break.....it sounds like he's had plenty of chances to not come but he's still willing to give us a go.

I for one will be delighted to see him over here, whether he stays for 3 months or 12 months. It's a huge commitment for anyone to go to work in a foreign country in these crappy times, so fair play to the guy for sticking to his original decision and being prepared to come over in the first place.
Don't die with the music in you
Re: GI is committed to the club Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:53 pm  
Free-scoring winger

Mr Snoodle wrote:
Give the guy a break.....it sounds like he's had plenty of chances to not come but he's still willing to give us a go.

I for one will be delighted to see him over here, whether he stays for 3 months or 12 months. It's a huge commitment for anyone to go to work in a foreign country in these crappy times, so fair play to the guy for sticking to his original decision and being prepared to come over in the first place.

All the joking aside, I think we are all looking to forward to watching him in the P&B, where opinions will be better informed with what happens on the pitch.
Re: GI is committed to the club Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:54 pm  

Captain Hook wrote:
Captain Hook Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

MorePlaymakersNeeded wrote:
All the joking aside, I think we are all looking to forward to watching him in the P&B, where opinions will be better informed with what happens on the pitch.

Are you mad? Wait until we see him play for our team BEFORE we voice an opinion? I’ve never heard such nonsense! Are you Karl Fitzpatrick?
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
Re: GI is committed to the club Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:17 pm  
Free-scoring winger

Captain Hook wrote:
Are you mad? Wait until we see him play for our team BEFORE we voice an opinion? I’ve never heard such nonsense! Are you Karl Fitzpatrick?

Only on match days and at weekends!
Re: GI is committed to the club Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:03 pm  
sally cinnamon User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Winslade's Offload wrote:
Unless we hold a players family as hostage for the duration of the contract I would be disinclined to believe any comments from a new signing these days, particularly from Oz.

Out of interest, would any of the players who went home early have been difference makers for us, if they had seen out their contracts...

Kevin Walters
Allan Langer
David Kidwell
Chris Sandow
Tyrone Roberts

I'm sure there are more I've missed out.

The only one that I think would have made a positive impact would have been Langer who only had about a month left anyway. Sandow - you'd like to think he could have recaptured the heights of his peak but he seemed to have off field baggage going on when he told us he wasn't returning and I wonder if he'd have been like Appo if he returned: out of shape and disinterested.

Kevin Campion might have been a good signing had he not backed out of his contract, but he hadn't already got over here and started.

Kidwell went on to be good in the NRL so you never know. I think we'd have needed to do what we did with Westwood and convert him into a back rower.
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019
League Leaders 2011 2016