May 25 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Dec 11 18:5628th Dec 11 18:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:58 pm  
WIGAN ST JUDES u16s 70 V 27 LEIGH MINERS u16s

MINERS WERE POOR FROM MINUTE ONE TONIGHT AND LET THEMSELVES DOWN WITH THERE PERFORMANCE. THE LADS KNOW THERE EFFORT TONIGHT WASNT ACCEPTABLE AND WILL HAVE TO IMPROVE IN THERE FINAL GROUP GAME AGAINST WIGAN ST CUTHBERTS IF THEY ARE TO MAKE THE SEMI FINALS.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1200
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 200915 years298th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Nov 23 07:087th Jul 22 18:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:56 pm  
mr. chairman wrote:
well considering Leigh east never postponed a home game all season or failed to travel to an away game how do you explain the drawn games given , the barla cup takes preference over league games so don't bring that into the argument , we have traveled further this season than most and were even prepared to travel to hull for a night game , my main gripe is why did you play miners in a meaningless game when you could have played east for a worthwhile two points and those 2 pts meant everything to east as they would have reached the playoffs by beating you . or was it that you wanted to field an understrength team to lull the miners into a false sense of security, to be honest you were average against the miners at twist lane and east would have beat you and got into the playoffs , all hypothetical i know but it eases the pain knowing you didn't beat the best of the top six as some of those places were denied to my team. the excuse that the weather caused all the problems is not true , the real reason was the logistics of the teams as you couldn't travel in midweek so the rfl did favor your team

I think you've answered your own question there, we were able to play the Leigh East game, it was called off due to the cup by BARLA, surely it makes sense to play a team we haven't all season i.e. Miners when we couldn't play Leigh East or would you rather we'd not played anyone? Then you'd have accused us of being afraid to play Miners. Can't win really can we, and given that we'd already played (and beaten) Leigh East that's quite an assumption that you would've won the game don't you think? I'd be concerened with the other 7 games you lost not the one game you couldn't play against us. Sounds like sour grapes picking on one game and saying oh we could've beat you and got in the top six without mention of the two games awarded as draws and the 7 lost doesn't it?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1200
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 200915 years298th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:16 pm  
mr. chairman wrote:
i'm off to a very important meeting at the moment , but you have rattled my cage so i will answer your post as soon as i get back , by the way i have shouted the name of CC on this forum before so i have no axe to grind , i also speak with mike nicholls a great deal . see you later traffic

I look forward to your response, two things I'd ask though please?

1. At what point have I made reference to you making this another Crusaders have the RFL in their pocket rant? (I've consciously made a point of disregarding your comments re RFL favoured Crusaders re travel yet made no mention of the East Hull game not played against East or the number of other games not played)
2. Apologies for my ignorance but who is Mike Nicholls?

again look forward to your response.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8795No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 15 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Jun 21 07:397th Apr 21 15:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:30 pm  
Traffic wrote:

1. At what point have I made reference to you making this another Crusaders have the RFL in their pocket rant? (I've consciously made a point of disregarding your comments re RFL favoured Crusaders re travel yet made no mention of the East Hull game not played against East or the number of other games not played)

mike nicholas i would imagine
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1200
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 200915 years298th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:45 pm  
joanne callotte wrote:
mike nicholas i would imagine

Ahhh right, thank you.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8795No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 15 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Jun 21 07:397th Apr 21 15:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:47 pm  
Traffic wrote:
Ahhh right, thank you.

you're welcome!! :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1200
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 200915 years298th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:41 pm  
Traffic wrote:

Sorry should be West Hull not East
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member25757
JoinedServiceReputation
May 21 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Feb 21 15:223rd Feb 21 00:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Please do not send me any PM's I dont check this board often enough to be able to answer them, use my e mail add please fjparkinson@virginmedia.com

All posts on this message board by me are mine I am NOT a representative in any way shape or form of ANY Rugby League club.

: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:33 pm  
It would appear that the RFL have AGAIN failed to 'think the matter out' and this is why Rugby League will always struggle to expand, how can people expect clubs to attract the best administrators and marketing when the sport as a whole cant?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1200
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 200915 years298th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:06 pm  
Mr Chairman, thank you for what is a comprehensive reply. I'll try and answer your points:

No doubt from what you said Leigh East were coming into form following injuries earlier in the season and it's disappointing that the season ended with games being called as draws etc.

From my understanding all the games were scheduled for weekends not mid week (it's fair to say that this left little room for any catch up on congestion) however Crusaders entered a competition which they felt they could fulfill the fixtures and barring circumstances outside of their control they fulfilled as many as they could.

I thought that the game we played against Leigh Miners was arranged as a result of Leigh East being in a cup match which BARLA had decreed took precedence so we played Miners instead so I can't see what we could've done there, BARLA made the decision not Crusaders and Crusaders travelled to Miners to play them and try and complete another fixure when they could've just settled for being in the play offs. If it was to get a view of their perceived main opposition it didn't work as I know from talking to someone who played in that game they found it far from morale boosting!

For the match called off against East Leeds, 7 of those in the squad played against France. The original squad was 23, point taken that there are 30 named on the website but you'll also find that some of those played early on but did not continue playing and of the 19 games played only 15 played 9 games (approx 50%) or more so it would make sense to want your best team on the pitch, I would hope any coach would want to send their best team out wherever possible and given that 7 of the best were involved in a GB side, Crusaders exercised their right to call the game off.

I agree that this has not been managed well by anyones definition but I do feel that comments by others (you excluded) are so ill informed and/or devoid of facts it beggars belief i.e. the RFL applying different rules (Meandal), we got a squad from across the uk to play in the game (BOBA) and did Crusaders have games counted as defeats for them not being fulfilled? (Bartholmew Smythe) even though the situation was totally different to Waterhead and the same ruling applied to other clubs he feels that we've gained by it?

Thank you for championing a Welsh team and thank you for an adult discussion based in fact. I hope that Leigh East go on to have many more successful years. We're still building in Wales and without being able to pit ourselves against well established teams through National competitions RL will never be given the chance to develop and prosper in Wales.

Many thanks

Traffic
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member295No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 09 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Aug 16 02:2710th Feb 12 23:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:41 pm  
i.e. the RFL applying different rules (Meandal)

My comment refers to the fact that Leigh Miners also had their cup match to play but unfortunately for Leigh East Barla deemed that they had to forfeit their match against Celtic and play their cup match which I agree takes precedence, but why were the same rules not applied to Leigh Miners? Miners played Celtic instead that weekend and played their cup match a week later.

I feel that it is great Celtic finished 2nd in their first (and last) season in the NYL, however you played the team that finished top only once and you did not have to play either of the teams that finished third or fourth. This was due to your location and the RFL deciding that you did not have to travel to the teams the farthest away from you; which I am not so ill informed to believe is your fault. However this made for an inequitable league which was compounded by the RFL's decisions at the end of the season.
This is a country wide league and all teams who join are aware of the travel involved. Leigh East have on two occasions been sat on the coach very early on a Sunday morning only to have away matches called off. I do not know any team who does not play midweek matches at the end of the season to catch up after bad weather - the joys of Winter rugby - and the RFL and Celtic must have been aware that this would be the case again this year. I am very sorry but I do believe that you were given an unfair advantage and whilst I too would love this fantastic game of ours to become played more widely - it should be a level playing field for all.
PreviousNext