Board index Championship Leigh Centurions Jake Emmitt



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Jake Emmitt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:00 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11796
Location: Back in Lancashire
RoyBoy29 wrote:Did he ever get to Australia when he left us?


Jake's version of how things went, last time around.

https://leighrl.co.uk/wp/blog/2019/03/1 ... ke-emmitt/

Whilst he doesn't say how long he was there, he does give a reason for finishing in 'Oz'. I'd also forgotten that he didn't go direct to Toronto - he went to Swinton, in fact.

Anyway, to (re)use my oft-used mantra - "there's always two sides to a story." :wink:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jake Emmitt
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:34 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:10 am
Posts: 1974
Location: Here (But Only for the Beer)
"Clean slate" as far as this corner is concerned. In their relegation season following liquidation (and, yes, hampered by a twelve point deduction) Bradford relied heavily on D/R and loanees and made a reasonable start but the parent clubs increasingly recalled their lads as injuries started to bite back at home and The Bulls faded badly as a result.

Welcome additional, Leythe solely grunt therefore. Let's back the fellah! :thumb:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jake Emmitt
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:31 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11796
Location: Back in Lancashire
Bent&Bongser wrote:"Clean slate" as far as this corner is concerned. In their relegation season following liquidation (and, yes, hampered by a twelve point deduction) Bradford relied heavily on D/R and loanees and made a reasonable start but the parent clubs increasingly recalled their lads as injuries started to bite back at home and The Bulls faded badly as a result.

Welcome additional, Leythe solely grunt therefore. Let's back the fellah! :thumb:


Are you working the same shifts as 'atomic', B&B? :wink:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jake Emmitt
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:24 am 
Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:02 am
Posts: 50
ColD wrote:Would be a good signing for me, grubby little shirt the way he left us but hey ho

The other question for me is why we are making signings, we ain’t going up and we ain’t going down, for me save the £££ till next year



Well I suppose we have saved money on scouting to find another Joe Cator

He has something to prove for mine.He has come from a full time environment though,in his pomp at 30 so should be starring for us, breaking tackles,knocking em down.

Anyone in our team has my support but it doesnt make them the next Adrian Morley.

Anyone know where leythe is?

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jake Emmitt
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:15 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 5857
satanicmills wrote:Well I suppose we have saved money on scouting to find another Joe Cator

He has something to prove for mine.He has come from a full time environment though,in his pomp at 30 so should be starring for us, breaking tackles,knocking em down.

Anyone in our team has my support but it doesnt make them the next Adrian Morley.

Anyone know where leythe is?


Next to Morley's deckchair.






Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jake Emmitt
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:24 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 5857
Alan wrote:Are you working the same shifts as 'atomic', B&B? :wink:


Shifts! What are those? Did you have a 9-5 job Alan? Will Jake be on win or lose money or contracted at how much? Its all cost and requires a return or are we not bothered about that again.






Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jake Emmitt
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:25 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11796
Location: Back in Lancashire
atomic wrote:Shifts! What are those? Did you have a 9-5 job Alan? Will Jake be on win or lose money or contracted at how much? Its all cost and requires a return or are we not bothered about that again.


More questions than answers, I'm afraid. Job??!! Wash your mouth out :wink: - I'm (very) happily retired now. (although the job often necessitated much longer hours than 9-5.) That said, it was a mostly very enjoyable job, with a great employer.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jake Emmitt
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:12 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 12873
Location: blackpool tower circus
Apparently, Emmitt was concussed last week and had to miss today’s game because of this.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jake Emmitt
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:28 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11796
Location: Back in Lancashire
charlie caroli wrote:Apparently, Emmitt was concussed last week and had to miss today’s game because of this.


Hope he wasn't concussed when he signed the contract? :wink:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jake Emmitt
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:55 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 12873
Location: blackpool tower circus
Alan wrote:Hope he wasn't concussed when he signed the contract? :wink:

Yer never know Alan.I still think we need another forward and a centre to challenge for a top 5 spot, if Saints take away their players we would be very lacking in most areas.Which will become obvious when the Cup games arrive.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next





It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:18 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 52 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:18 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,957,18279277,8234,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 10:50
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
PARRAMATTA EELS
TODAY 15:00
 CH
YORK
v
FEATHERSTONE
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





22

.