Board index Championship Leigh Centurions Jake Emmitt

Post subject: Re: Jake Emmitt
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:39 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

charlie caroli wrote:Yer never know Alan.I still think we need another forward and a centre to challenge for a top 5 spot, if Saints take away their players we would be very lacking in most areas.Which will become obvious when the Cup games arrive.

Charlie knows... :D

"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:05 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

charlie caroli wrote:Yer never know Alan.I still think we need another forward and a centre to challenge for a top 5 spot, if Saints take away their players we would be very lacking in most areas.Which will become obvious when the Cup games arrive.

True.

Incidentally, what is the ruling re D/R's in the Challenge Cup? Can they play for their 'dual' club in the early rounds, and is there a deadline for them having to revert to their parent club?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:59 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Alan wrote:True.

Incidentally, what is the ruling re D/R's in the Challenge Cup? Can they play for their 'dual' club in the early rounds, and is there a deadline for them having to revert to their parent club?

Alan , I’m sure that if a player plays for a club, in any round of the Cup, then he is cup tied to that Club for the rest of the Comp.I don’t think Saints will risk Richo or any of their other contingent.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:08 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network

https://www.rugby-league.com/flipbooks/ ... .html#p=59

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:43 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

ColD wrote:Would be a good signing for me, grubby little shirt the way he left us but hey ho

The other question for me is why we are making signings, we ain’t going up and we ain’t going down, for me save the £££ till next year

Duffy said the other week that we only had 12 players training one night. If we don't add to the squad then there would be a real danger of not being able to name a 17 man squad as the season goes on. Just look at Fev last year when Leeds had to deal with injuries.

Also - the sooner we can get enough wins to be sure that we wont be in a relegation fight, the sooner we can start planning for next season.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:12 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

atomic wrote:https://www.rugby-league.com/flipbooks/2019-operational-rules-tiers-1-3/mobile/index.html#p=59

Thanks 'atomic'. B3.10 covers it - it's either one club or the other. (Charlie did know! :wink: ) I seem to remember, in previous seasons, that a player could play for one club, up to a certain stage of the cup, but then play for another. Perhaps that related to players who were transferred between clubs?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:45 pm 
100% League Network
100% League Network

Alan wrote:Thanks 'atomic'. B3.10 covers it - it's either one club or the other. (Charlie did know! :wink: ) I seem to remember, in previous seasons, that a player could play for one club, up to a certain stage of the cup, but then play for another. Perhaps that related to players who were transferred between clubs?

I would assume you are correct Alan. But I doubt DR was in existence then. Possibly amateurs moving to pro,wouldn't have counted.

It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:12 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com