Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Injuries
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:28 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11606
Location: Back in Lancashire
So far, we have had a very fortunate run with injuries, but today things took a turn for the worse.

McNally, Pownall, and Woods all picked up what looked like pretty bad injuries. According to JD, McNally suffered a suspected fractured cheekbone; Pownall an ACL, and Woods possible elbow ligament damage. On top of that Ridyard seemed to be struggling more and more as the game progressed.

We only have seven backs in our squad, and one of those (Higginson) is out on loan to Rochdale. We will really miss the three injured players, (plus Ridyard, heaven forbid) and could well struggle to fill key positions. The D/R guys are doing brilliantly - all four of them today - but presumably we need to fill essential positions with 'our own' players.

I'd be interested to hear thoughts on this situation.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injuries
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:13 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 12633
Location: blackpool tower circus
Alan wrote:So far, we have had a very fortunate run with injuries, but today things took a turn for the worse.

McNally, Pownall, and Woods all picked up what looked like pretty bad injuries. According to JD, McNally suffered a suspected fractured cheekbone; Pownall an ACL, and Woods possible elbow ligament damage. On top of that Ridyard seemed to be struggling more and more as the game progressed.

We only have seven backs in our squad, and one of those (Higginson) is out on loan to Rochdale. We will really miss the three injured players, (plus Ridyard, heaven forbid) and could well struggle to fill key positions. The D/R guys are doing brilliantly - all four of them today - but presumably we need to fill essential positions with 'our own' players.

I'd be interested to hear thoughts on this situation.

Agreed Alan, the injuries didn’t look good, though no injuries are good, we missed McNally big time today, and were very scrappy, dropped a lot of ball , thought Dews did the same.
I agree about Riddy, he didn’t look fit today, I assume that’s why Woods was kicking, today a good half back pairing wood have ripped us apart, Finn looks like he can’t bend his back, which is a shame because he’s been a decent player, but Dews didn’t offer much threat really.

I to am impressed with the DRs, I like Bentley more and more,you never know Swift might be back for us next week , but he scored 3 for Saints today,and if Richo keeps his place we might get Fages,I like Jack Welsby as well.

As for our own players, getting thin on the ground now,hopefully Marsh will be back for Pownall,and Iain Thorniley has been brilliant,I’m not sure aboutSpencer either , is he injured?With Batley next and Sheff at the LSV things don’t get easy,the 5 teams above us all won today so it’s status quo.

The injuries are worrying though.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injuries
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:15 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 5707
Pity we don’t have a reserve side anymore. Mind you that was dismantled to cater for glory.
Not looking so glorious now. Many will step off the ride, if investment is not forthcoming.






Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injuries
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:42 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:23 am
Posts: 6439
Location: Just Behind Parksides Club
atomic wrote:Pity we don’t have a reserve side anymore. Mind you that was dismantled to cater for glory.
Not looking so glorious now. Many will step off the ride, if investment is not forthcoming.


How many reserve teams are there ?? When we had one recently they hardly played

A bigger, more experienced squad yes, reserve team no for me

A good turnout yesterday for an Easter Monday game, I personally enjoy the current ride more than the poop or bust days - if nothing else we have players busting a gut for the cause






Onwards and upwards - LTID

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injuries
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:03 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11606
Location: Back in Lancashire
charlie caroli wrote:Agreed Alan, the injuries didn’t look good, though no injuries are good, we missed McNally big time today, and were very scrappy, dropped a lot of ball , thought Dews did the same.
I agree about Riddy, he didn’t look fit today, I assume that’s why Woods was kicking, today a good half back pairing wood have ripped us apart, Finn looks like he can’t bend his back, which is a shame because he’s been a decent player, but Dews didn’t offer much threat really.

I to am impressed with the DRs, I like Bentley more and more,you never know Swift might be back for us next week , but he scored 3 for Saints today,and if Richo keeps his place we might get Fages,I like Jack Welsby as well.

As for our own players, getting thin on the ground now,hopefully Marsh will be back for Pownall,and Iain Thorniley has been brilliant,I’m not sure aboutSpencer either , is he injured?With Batley next and Sheff at the LSV things don’t get easy,the 5 teams above us all won today so it’s status quo.

The injuries are worrying though.


Tom has been playing with a heavily strapped knee/leg, and only been doing 15-20 minutes in the second half, while Douglas, or one of the other forwards has a breather. It appears that he may well be carrying an injury. (as I suspect Ridyard is)

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injuries
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:17 am 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:21 pm
Posts: 391
We had thornley marsh and Adamson missing today so hopefully the're back or we really are struggling for numbers

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injuries
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:38 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11606
Location: Back in Lancashire
gunners guns13 wrote:We had thornley marsh and Adamson missing today so hopefully the're back or we really are struggling for numbers


Hopefully they were 'rested' after Friday. Whichever way you look at it, we have problems in the backs though!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injuries
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:38 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 5707
ColD wrote:How many reserve teams are there ?? When we had one recently they hardly played

A bigger, more experienced squad yes, reserve team no for me

A good turnout yesterday for an Easter Monday game, I personally enjoy the current ride more than the poop or bust days - if nothing else we have players busting a gut for the cause


We don’t have many reserve teams because most have abolished them blaming them on lack of fixtures. Both I would say run in conjunction with each other.

For me a bigger squad is only short term, nothing long term. Back to square one again. No clear pathway for youth getting to the first team.

It’s a recurring record and everyone ignores it, until it’s too late.






Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injuries
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:11 pm 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:25 pm
Posts: 142
our squad is too small, anyone can see that. but maybe sims and kevaney will finally get a game and higginson more than 'half a game' when he comes back from rochdale hornets

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Injuries
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:35 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 pm
Posts: 5499
Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
I believe there has been a whisper of Brierley coming on loan till the end of the season. 8)






Image

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next





It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 3:16 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hudd-Shay, Leyther14, Marvin Goolash, The Phantom Horseman and 99 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 3:16 pm
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,895,1361,48977,6144,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
CANBERRA
16-22
NQL COWBOYS
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
NZ WARRIORS
2-8
BRISBANE
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
SOUTHS
32-16
WESTS TIGERS
 Full Time  
 CH
TOULOUSE
44-16
LEIGH
 Full Time  
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
18-25
CATALAN DRAGONS
TODAY 16:30
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
HUDDERSFIELD
TODAY 18:00
 CH1
WHITEHAVEN
v
LONDON SKOLARS
TODAY 18:30
 CH1
KEIGHLEY
v
OLDHAM
TODAY 19:00
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Sun 2nd Jun 15:00
1895
LEIGH
v
WORKINGTON TOWN
Sun 9th Jun 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
HALIFAX
Sun 16th Jun 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
BRADFORD BULLS
Sun 23rd Jun 15:00
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LEIGH
Fri 28th Jun 19:45
 CH
SHEFFIELD
v
LEIGH
Sun 7th Jul 15:00
 CH
FEATHERSTONE
v
LEIGH
Sun 14th Jul 15:00
 CH
BARROW RAIDERS
v
LEIGH
Sun 21st Jul 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
BATLEY BULLDOGS
Sun 4th Aug 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
SWINTON LIONS
Sun 11th Aug 15:00
 CH
ROCHDALE
v
LEIGH
Sun 18th Aug 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






22

.