Board index Championship Leigh Centurions Ryan’s back!!



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Ryan’s really back!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:39 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:00 am
Posts: 424
6 goals out of 7 attempts, a superb break to send Marsh in to give us the lead for the first time, and then a brilliant solo effort in the second half to seal the win. What a superb second debut!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ryan’s really back!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:41 pm 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:45 pm
Posts: 203
Thanks Ryan - what I would describe as a very influential yet humble performance.
I am absolutely sure it was fully appreciated by the Leigh following and equally by the Leigh Squad and coaching staff.
A great day out at Batley today and a very satisfying performance from an ever improving team with good contributions throughout the 17, despite the disruption due to injuries. Andy Thornley deserves a special mention today - a full shift in an unaccustomed position.
JD - with limited resources you are, without doubt, doing a great job and long may it continue.


Last edited by PlayTheBall on Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ryan’s really back!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:36 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11721
Location: Back in Lancashire
CHEADLE LEYTHER wrote:6 goals out of 7 attempts, a superb break to send Marsh in to give us the lead for the first time, and then a brilliant solo effort in the second half to seal the win. What a superb second debut!!


Wasn't it Hood, who broke for Marsh's try?

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ryan’s really back!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:55 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 5779
Alan wrote:Wasn't it Hood, who broke for Marsh's try?


I thought so. Credit to Ryan a good scoring game for him, overall a pretty good team performance. Just need to keep consistent now for the next few weeks.

Sheffield (h)
Widnes (Summer Bash)
Toulouse (a)
Fax (h)
Bradford (h)

Nowt easy..






Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ryan’s really back!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:16 am 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:00 am
Posts: 424
Alan wrote:Wasn't it Hood, who broke for Marsh's try?

I stand corrected, but he did put the final pass in for Higginsons first try to put us in front and is man of match in the League EXpress report.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ryan’s really back!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:16 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11721
Location: Back in Lancashire
CHEADLE LEYTHER wrote:I stand corrected, but he did put the final pass in for Higginsons first try to put us in front and is man of match in the League EXpress report.


Don't get me wrong, I thought he had a good game, especially considering what must have been a total lack of familiarity with our plays. Whenever he got possession, he injected pace into the game. He was well disappointed when he bust a gut to back up Thornley's (I think) first half break, only to see a wild pass thrown out wide to Higginson, instead of an inside ball to Ryan. It was great to see him back in a Leigh shirt - hopefully something can be sorted out in the way of a permanent deal.

As for him being MOM, I thought Josh Woods had a good game, especially considering his injury from Monday.

Incidentally, I see that Adam Swift, Danny Richardson, James Bentley and Matty Costello all played for Saints yesterday!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ryan’s really back!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:27 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:13 pm
Posts: 3268
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Pleased for Ryan and for our team. One of the toughest places to go and win.
Welcome back Ryan and im another that would love to see him stay






I watch every game on DVD (thanks Fred) but it will never beat being behind the sticks.
"Come On You Leigh !"

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ryan brierley
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:31 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:13 pm
Posts: 3268
Location: Vancouver, Canada
atomic wrote:I’m not sure how you think he can fit right in,in a month given the handful of games he’s played for Toronto. It’s not the same Brierley that left us for a 5 year contract with Hudds.


I think he did a decent job fitting in :wink:






I watch every game on DVD (thanks Fred) but it will never beat being behind the sticks.
"Come On You Leigh !"

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ryan brierley
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:16 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11721
Location: Back in Lancashire
Vancouver Leyther wrote:I think he did a decent job fitting in :wink:


And should fit in even better, when he becomes familiar with the squad, and our 'plays'.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ryan’s really back!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:33 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:24 pm
Posts: 7600
Location: Sefton Street, Leigh
Alan wrote:Don't get me wrong, I thought he had a good game, especially considering what must have been a total lack of familiarity with our plays. Whenever he got possession, he injected pace into the game. He was well disappointed when he bust a gut to back up Thornley's (I think) first half break, only to see a wild pass thrown out wide to Higginson, instead of an inside ball to Ryan. It was great to see him back in a Leigh shirt - hopefully something can be sorted out in the way of a permanent deal.

As for him being MOM, I thought Josh Woods had a good game, especially considering his injury from Monday.

Incidentally, I see that Adam Swift, Danny Richardson, James Bentley and Matty Costello all played for Saints yesterday!


plus Jack Ahworth & Aaron Smith ! :o






"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next





It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:30 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ANTWERP RED, Harold Rigby Jnr, kaykie6 and 102 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:30 pm
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,939,8761,51177,7874,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
NEWCASTLE
42-6
NQL COWBOYS
TODAY 08:30
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
CANBERRA
TODAY 10:35
NRL
SOUTHS
v
CANTERBURY
TODAY 13:00
WSL
LEEDSW
v
CASTLEFORDW
TODAY 15:00
 CH1
WEST WALES
v
CRUSADERS
TODAY 17:00
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
SALFORD
TODAY 17:00
SLXXIV
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
TODAY 18:00
 CH
TORONTO
v
ROCHDALE
TODAY 19:00
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
BATLEY BULLDOGS
TOMORROW 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Sun 1st Sep 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
YORK
Sat 7th Sep 18:00
 CH
TORONTO
v
LEIGH
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






22

.