RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Salford v Leigh
Re: Salford v Leigh Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:51 am  

User avatarmaurice wrote:
maurice User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:26 pm
Posts: 16486
Location: A rose between 2 thorns
We have a squad of non first 17 SL players in the main, players who want a wage due to age but can’t get a decent one in SL as an ageing squad player. If we are told early enough that we will be in SL 2022 then I expect at least 12 better players than we have in the squad to compete for mid table
Re: Salford v Leigh Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:42 am  

mattwom wrote:
mattwom Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:55 pm
Posts: 260
When we were the Champions in 1981, 11 regular first teamers were from the local area! Having said that, you have to build to get to that level.
Re: Salford v Leigh Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:50 am  

User avatarBudgiezilla wrote:
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:24 pm
Posts: 8372
Location: Sefton Street, Leigh
CHEADLE LEYTHER wrote:
Just read this-he did absolutely nothing in that loan spell!!


and also he is an extremely ugly man. :D
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Re: Salford v Leigh Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:37 pm  
knockonknockon Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:33 pm
Posts: 96
maurice wrote:
We have a squad of non first 17 SL players in the main, players who want a wage due to age but can’t get a decent one in SL as an ageing squad player. If we are told early enough that we will be in SL 2022 then I expect at least 12 better players than we have in the squad to compete for mid table


so we get the scraps and tell the rugby league world we are superleague ready. :lol: :lol:
if we are told we will be in superleague 2022 then one of the other 11 clubs will have to go bust.
Re: Salford v Leigh Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:02 pm  

ColD wrote:
ColD Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:23 am
Posts: 6798
Location: Just Behind Parksides Club
knockonknockon wrote:
so we get the scraps and tell the rugby league world we are superleague ready. :lol: :lol:
if we are told we will be in superleague 2022 then one of the other 11 clubs will have to go bust.


So who out of the other candidates do you believe were more ready than us, especially with the uncertainty of Covid

And a lot can happen between now and the end of the season - relegation is by no means a certainty
Onwards and upwards - LTID
Re: Salford v Leigh Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:22 pm  
knockonknockon Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:33 pm
Posts: 96
ColD wrote:
So who out of the other candidates do you believe were more ready than us, especially with the uncertainty of Covid

And a lot can happen between now and the end of the season - relegation is by no means a certainty


no other candidates but us neither. you are right that relegation isnt a certainty but its not looking good is it. what do think we should do from here now.
Re: Salford v Leigh Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:40 pm  

ColD wrote:
ColD Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:23 am
Posts: 6798
Location: Just Behind Parksides Club
knockonknockon wrote:
no other candidates but us neither. you are right that relegation isnt a certainty but its not looking good is it. what do think we should do from here now.


Well I think with the squad we have we have wins in us without a doubt - the starting 17 especially, whether we ever see that is another matter.

Looking at the other teams we don’t have enough wins in us not to finish 12th - if we can find a bit more quality, 1/2s especially we may give ourselves a chance

Elliot at FB could be a major factor- took a gamble with him, hope it pays off, backline of him Thornley, Sau, Gelling and Russell is not a bad line up at all
Onwards and upwards - LTID
Re: Salford v Leigh Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:49 am  

Harry Stottle Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 am
Posts: 394
CHEADLE LEYTHER wrote:
Just read this-he did absolutely nothing in that loan spell!!


Just to add weight to my argument that creative player's are only has good as those around him, do you by any chance watch the NRL?
There is a lad playing in the half's for Sydney Rooster's completely and totally unrecognisable from the one who played at Leigh for the whole of the '18 season namely Drew Hutchinson, simply because his temmates are on the same wavelength, those around him at Leigh were way off the mark same as with Kev Brown.
Re: Salford v Leigh Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:56 am  
knockonknockon Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:33 pm
Posts: 96
ColD wrote:
Well I think with the squad we have we have wins in us without a doubt - the starting 17 especially, whether we ever see that is another matter.

Looking at the other teams we don’t have enough wins in us not to finish 12th - if we can find a bit more quality, 1/2s especially we may give ourselves a chance

Elliot at FB could be a major factor- took a gamble with him, hope it pays off, backline of him Thornley, Sau, Gelling and Russell is not a bad line up at all


were from
Re: Salford v Leigh Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:34 pm  

User avatarBudgiezilla wrote:
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:24 pm
Posts: 8372
Location: Sefton Street, Leigh
I reckon it will be like SL 2005, when we won just 2 games.
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JOHN WOODS IS GOD, Leyther14, Scarlet Pimpernell, Ste100Centurions, The Charlie Caroli and 107 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leigh Centurions


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,171,2221,63778,6356,308LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Mon 21st Jun
WSL RND: 6 Hudds W18-28FeatherstoneW
Sun 20th Jun
CH RND: 10 Dewsbury24-68Featherstone
CH RND: 10 LondonB46-12Whitehaven
CH RND: 10 Newcastle40-6Oldham
CH RND: 10 Swinton4-34Halifax
CH RND: 10 Widnes30-20Sheffield
CH RND: 10 York20-22Batley
L1 RND: 7 Workington34-28Rochdale
L1 RND: 7 Hunslet16-18Doncaster
NRL RND: 15 Parramatta36-10Canterbury
NRL RND: 15 Gold Coast24-56Manly
WSL RND: 6 BradfordW10-42LeedsW
WSL RND: 6 WiganW22-8CastlefordW
WSL RND: 6 Wire W52-14WakefieldW
WSL RND: 6 YorkW24-0St.HelensW
Sat 19th Jun
L1 RND: 7 West Wales10-60Crusaders
L1 RND: 7 LondonS14-24Barrow
NRL RND: 15 Newcastle10-6NZ Warriors
NRL RND: 15 St.George22-20Canberra
NRL RND: 15 Melbourne66-16Wests
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 16
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 15 538 194 344 26
Penrith 15 450 151 299 26
Parramatta 15 436 234 202 24
Souths 14 387 282 105 22
Sydney 14 397 255 142 18
Manly 14 371 306 65 16
 
St.George 15 321 332 -11 14
Cronulla 14 270 322 -52 12
NQL Cowboys 14 288 409 -121 12
Newcastle 15 241 372 -131 12
Canberra 14 277 343 -66 10
NZ Warriors 14 287 357 -70 10
Gold Coast 15 342 436 -94 10
Wests 15 308 440 -132 10
Brisbane 15 232 482 -250 6
Canterbury 14 172 402 -230 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 11
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 9 268 142 126 16 188.73 88.89
St.Helens 9 208 76 132 14 273.68 77.78
Wigan 9 166 154 12 14 107.79 77.78
Warrington 10 308 159 149 15 193.71 75
Hull FC 10 243 165 78 13 147.27 65
Hull KR 10 241 212 29 12 113.68 60
 
Castleford 10 203 244 -41 10 83.20 50
Leeds 8 150 136 14 6 110.29 37.50
Huddersfield 9 158 171 -13 6 92.40 33.33
Wakefield 10 175 249 -74 4 70.28 20
Salford 10 115 297 -182 4 38.72 20
Leigh 10 156 386 -230 0 40.41 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 11
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 7 347 70 277 14 495.71 100
Featherstone 9 374 100 274 18 374 100
Batley 9 250 180 70 14 138.89 77.78
Bradford 9 228 216 12 14 105.56 77.78
LondonB 10 272 228 44 13 119.30 65
Halifax 10 305 139 166 12 219.42 60
 
Widnes 10 256 283 -27 9 90.46 45
York 10 239 202 37 8 118.32 40
Sheffield 10 231 279 -48 8 82.80 40
Newcastle 9 208 252 -44 7 82.54 38.89
Dewsbury 9 139 295 -156 6 47.12 33.33
Whitehaven 10 172 324 -152 5 53.09 25
Oldham 10 140 370 -230 4 37.84 20
Swinton 10 156 379 -223 0 41.16 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 7
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 7 275 80 195 14 343.75 100
Doncaster 7 268 142 126 12 188.73 85.71
Workington 7 244 134 110 12 182.09 85.71
Keighley 6 228 147 81 6 155.10 50
Hunslet 7 162 165 -3 6 98.18 42.86
Crusaders 7 182 228 -46 6 79.82 42.86
 
Coventry 5 118 144 -26 4 81.94 40
Rochdale 7 189 230 -41 4 82.17 28.57
LondonS 6 128 236 -108 2 54.24 16.67
West Wales 7 92 380 -288 0 24.21 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 7
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
LeedsW 4 256 32 224 8 800 100
WiganW 4 180 26 154 8 692.31 100
St.HelensW 4 230 30 200 6 766.67 75
CastlefordW 4 112 46 66 6 243.48 75
YorkW 4 100 102 -2 4 98.04 50
Wire W 5 138 168 -30 4 82.14 40
 
FeatherstoneW 5 102 182 -80 4 56.04 40
BradfordW 5 70 222 -152 2 31.53 20
Hudds W 5 64 250 -186 2 25.60 20
WakefieldW 4 30 224 -194 0 13.39 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X