RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Salford v Leigh
Re: Salford v Leigh Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:28 pm  

Leyther14 wrote:
Leyther14 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:47 pm
Posts: 243
We applied to accept what was a tough brief and the difficulty may be the longer term implications as we will be judged on it even though the playing field was never level. Lack of prep time and lower funding. If we were given 2 years for taking this on that would have been better but things stacked against us from start. Saying that think with the 5 first choice player missing we would compete. But more players needed of better caibre needed to cover injuries. Where thes may come from who knows, possibly some mid season opportunities but will it be too late for 2021?
Re: Salford v Leigh Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:06 pm  

Harry Stottle Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 am
Posts: 465
Leyther14 wrote:
We applied to accept what was a tough brief and the difficulty may be the longer term implications as we will be judged on it even though the playing field was never level. Lack of prep time and lower funding. If we were given 2 years for taking this on that would have been better but things stacked against us from start. Saying that think with the 5 first choice player missing we would compete. But more players needed of better caibre needed to cover injuries. Where thes may come from who knows, possibly some mid season opportunities but will it be too late for 2021?


Anyone who thought it would be any different was deluding themselves, I did not want Leigh to be "The Chosen One" from the outset and I could not understand why the club and in particular Mr Beaumont wanted to put so much effort into securing the application if he had no intention of vastly improving the squad to compete in a much higher standard than the 20 assembled players to compete in the Championship.
Re: Salford v Leigh Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:42 pm  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 6549
Harry Stottle wrote:
Anyone who thought it would be any different was deluding themselves, I did not want Leigh to be "The Chosen One" from the outset and I could not understand why the club and in particular Mr Beaumont wanted to put so much effort into securing the application if he had no intention of vastly improving the squad to compete in a much higher standard than the 20 assembled players to compete in the Championship.


I’ll ask the question too a business man. Would you have taken it on? The only way I would have taken it on is with prior knowledge of no relegation.
Image
Re: Salford v Leigh Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:56 am  

User avatarJ7P1 wrote:
J7P1 User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Thu May 21, 2020 12:18 pm
Posts: 224
We need to remove the embarrassing superleagueready hash tag from our Twitter feed before fans from other clubs pick up on it and use it as a stick to beat us with.
Re: Salford v Leigh Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:02 am  
CHEADLE LEYTHER Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:00 am
Posts: 497
mattwom wrote:
When we were the Champions in 1981, 11 regular first teamers were from the local area! Having said that, you have to build to get to that level.

That was when we had Leigh colts and Wiggin weren’t poaching all our youngsters. Note they always pass off players like Manfredi as their own.
Re: Salford v Leigh Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:39 pm  

WYSIWYG2 wrote:
WYSIWYG2 Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:37 pm
Posts: 14
Well, if I were Leigh, all my effort would be on improving that pathetic defence, and stopping the panic in attack. Get the defence solid, and the attack will take care of itself.
They need to reproduce that fantastic effort they gave in the very 1st half against Wiggin. They need to be fired up for every game. That is up to the coaching team. Also need experienced half backs and a full back. We just appear to have a lot of crocked players at the moment. It was never going to be easy at such short notice and reduced funding. Also, the other SL teams had plenty of game time last season. Most of our players had none. Hence the reason they are all yards ahead of us. Toronto lost all 6 games. It takes time to gel but it is time we don't have. Going to be extremely difficult to pick up a win, but play with pride and effort and the supporters will always be with you.
Re: Salford v Leigh Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:08 pm  

User avatarRoyBoy29 wrote:
RoyBoy29 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 8:29 am
Posts: 1719
J7P1 wrote:
We need to remove the embarrassing superleagueready hash tag from our Twitter feed before fans from other clubs pick up on it and use it as a stick to beat us with.


We dont need to, they are all doing that on the pitch.
Irony is represented below.

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
He is not telling the truth. He is talking paranoid rubbish.
Re: Salford v Leigh Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:28 pm  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 6549
WYSIWYG2 wrote:
Well, if I were Leigh, all my effort would be on improving that pathetic defence, and stopping the panic in attack. Get the defence solid, and the attack will take care of itself.
They need to reproduce that fantastic effort they gave in the very 1st half against Wiggin. They need to be fired up for every game. That is up to the coaching team. Also need experienced half backs and a full back. We just appear to have a lot of crocked players at the moment. It was never going to be easy at such short notice and reduced funding. Also, the other SL teams had plenty of game time last season. Most of our players had none. Hence the reason they are all yards ahead of us. Toronto lost all 6 games. It takes time to gel but it is time we don't have. Going to be extremely difficult to pick up a win, but play with pride and effort and the supporters will always be with you.


Why use Toronto as an example? That’s history. Wakey haven’t won one yet,and how long have they been established? Couldn’t care about Wigan. Why individuals make a point of it is also historical.

Leigh require managing in creating that established SL club as everything that has gone before has failed.
Right now it’s failing again.
Image
Re: Salford v Leigh Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:33 am  

Harry Stottle Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 am
Posts: 465
atomic wrote:
Why use Toronto as an example? That’s history. Wakey haven’t won one yet,and how long have they been established? Couldn’t care about Wigan. Why individuals make a point of it is also historical.

Leigh require managing in creating that established SL club as everything that has gone before has failed.
Right now it’s failing again.

What would you suggest Atomic, how would you start?
Re: Salford v Leigh Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:50 am  
Ste100Centurions User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 2650
Harry Stottle wrote:
What did you expect, In his short stint at Leigh Kevin Brown was the classiest player we have had at the club this century, but his type of player is only good if the team is capable of playing with him.

He was garbage while at Leigh !
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 70 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leigh Centurions


When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sun 19th Sep
SL RND: 25 Huddersfield42-24Leigh
CH RND: 22 Bradford22-36Whitehaven
CH RND: 22 Dewsbury21-14Oldham
CH RND: 22 Featherstone78-10Sheffield
CH RND: 22 Halifax10-12Batley
CH RND: 22 Swinton16-26Widnes
CH RND: 22 York30-22LondonB
L1 RND: 22 Doncaster31-10Hunslet
WSL RND: 16 St.HelensW52-0WiganW
WSL RND: 16 YorkW28-14CastlefordW
Sat 18th Sep
NRL RND: 27 Penrith8-6Parramatta
CH RND: 22 Newcastle12-82Toulouse
L1 RND: 22 Crusaders14-28Keighley
Fri 17th Sep
SL RND: 25 Leeds36-12Hull KR
SL RND: 25 Salford26-14St.Helens
SLRND: 25 Wakefield44-12Hull FC
SL RND: 25 Wigan12-8Catalans
NRL RND: 27 Manly42-6Sydney
Thu 16th Sep
SL RND: 25 Castleford24-40Warrington
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 24 815 316 499 42
Penrith 24 640 280 360 42
Souths 24 775 453 322 40
Manly 24 744 492 252 32
Sydney 24 636 475 161 32
Parramatta 24 566 457 109 30
Newcastle 24 428 571 -143 24
Gold Coast 24 568 553 15 20
 
Cronulla 24 512 556 -44 20
Canberra 24 481 578 -97 20
St.George 24 474 616 -142 16
NZ Warriors 24 453 624 -171 16
Wests 24 500 714 -214 16
Brisbane 24 446 695 -249 14
NQL Cowboys 24 460 748 -288 14
Canterbury 24 340 710 -370 6
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 23 688 398 290 38 172.86 82.61
St.Helens 21 548 229 319 32 239.30 76.19
Warrington 21 588 354 234 31 166.10 73.81
Wigan 25 387 385 2 30 100.52 60
Leeds 24 556 440 116 26 126.36 54.17
Hull KR 20 497 458 39 20 108.52 50
 
Castleford 23 439 552 -113 22 79.53 47.83
Hull FC 21 409 476 -67 17 85.92 40.48
Huddersfield 24 460 516 -56 18 89.15 37.50
Wakefield 24 482 548 -66 18 87.96 37.50
Salford 22 402 586 -184 14 68.60 31.82
Leigh 22 356 870 -514 4 40.92 9.09
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 13 616 112 504 26 550 100
Featherstone 19 817 254 563 34 321.65 94.74
Halifax 19 512 323 189 26 158.51 68.42
Bradford 18 483 455 28 24 106.15 66.67
LondonB 18 504 499 5 21 101 63.89
Batley 19 525 370 155 24 141.89 63.16
 
Whitehaven 20 447 496 -49 21 90.12 52.50
York 19 470 455 15 16 103.30 42.11
Widnes 19 458 509 -51 15 89.98 39.47
Newcastle 18 381 521 -140 13 73.13 36.11
Sheffield 18 382 553 -171 13 69.08 36.11
Dewsbury 19 308 570 -262 13 54.04 34.21
Oldham 19 270 691 -421 5 39.07 13.16
Swinton 20 354 719 -365 3 49.24 7.50
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 22
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 17 596 275 321 27 216.73 79.41
Workington 15 471 310 161 21 151.94 70
Doncaster 18 503 400 103 24 125.75 66.67
Keighley 19 640 399 241 25 160.40 65.79
Crusaders 18 553 438 115 22 126.26 61.11
Hunslet 19 572 466 106 20 122.75 52.63
 
Rochdale 17 505 488 17 17 103.48 50
Coventry 17 407 460 -53 12 88.48 35.29
LondonS 18 292 577 -285 7 50.61 19.44
West Wales 18 208 896 -688 1 23.21 2.78
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
 
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X
::::::::