RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Salford v Leigh
Re: Salford v Leigh Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:13 am  

User avatarJ7P1 wrote:
J7P1 User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Thu May 21, 2020 12:18 pm
Posts: 212
With most if not all of the Leigh squad on one year contracts it will be interesting to see how recruitment for next season is approached. This may reveal true ambition or may be hamstrung by not knowing definitely what division we will be in.
Re: Salford v Leigh Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:57 pm  

Harry Stottle Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 am
Posts: 394
atomic wrote:
I’ll ask the question too a business man. Would you have taken it on? The only way I would have taken it on is with prior knowledge of no relegation.


If this is the question I have not answered then I apologise in respect that I did not realise it was directed at me - Business Man, I have been retired for 10 years - but to answer your question
1. Yes that would be my respect.
2. Considering the application was an open invitation to apply to all the clubs below SL, I can't see that if 'No Relegation' was on offer that it could have been kept a secret, also I would not expect that Derek John Beaumont would have been given sole access to that offer.
Re: Salford v Leigh Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:15 pm  
knockonknockon Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:33 pm
Posts: 96
J7P1 wrote:
With most if not all of the Leigh squad on one year contracts it will be interesting to see how recruitment for next season is approached. This may reveal true ambition or may be hamstrung by not knowing definitely what division we will be in.


we will be in superleague 2 of ten teams
Re: Salford v Leigh Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:36 pm  

Harry Stottle Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 am
Posts: 394
knockonknockon wrote:
we will be in superleague 2 of ten teams


So you consider with a reduction of £15M per season from Sky SL clubs are going to sanction a share-out for 20 clubs compared to the present 12, even if the present share for the Championship and L1 was taken out of the equation it would still mean a reduction in Funding the SL clubs now recieve, they will never allow that will they?
Re: Salford v Leigh Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:40 pm  
knockonknockon Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:33 pm
Posts: 96
Harry Stottle wrote:
So you consider with a reduction of £15M per season from Sky SL clubs are going to sanction a share-out for 20 clubs compared to the present 12, even if the present share for the Championship and L1 was taken out of the equation it would still mean a reduction in Funding the SL clubs now recieve, they will never allow that will they?


https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5610037/ ... tier-plan/
Re: Salford v Leigh Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:51 pm  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 6470
Harry Stottle wrote:
If this is the question I have not answered then I apologise in respect that I did not realise it was directed at me - Business Man, I have been retired for 10 years - but to answer your question
1. Yes that would be my respect.
2. Considering the application was an open invitation to apply to all the clubs below SL, I can't see that if 'No Relegation' was on offer that it could have been kept a secret, also I would not expect that Derek John Beaumont would have been given sole access to that offer.


Or a restructure? Do you have fairy’s at the bottom of your garden Harry?
Image
Re: Salford v Leigh Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:12 pm  

User avatarJ7P1 wrote:
J7P1 User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Thu May 21, 2020 12:18 pm
Posts: 212
knockonathon

That article is dated 19 Feb 2018

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5610037/ ... tier-plan/
Re: Salford v Leigh Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:02 pm  
knockonknockon Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:33 pm
Posts: 96
J7P1 wrote:
knockonathon

That article is dated 19 Feb 2018

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5610037/ ... tier-plan/


oops! sorry J1P7
Re: Salford v Leigh Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:27 pm  

Harry Stottle Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 am
Posts: 394
atomic wrote:
Or a restructure? Do you have fairy’s at the bottom of your garden Harry?


Good God man, so you pin all your hope's and aspirations that someone whispered into Derek's lughole or there is a restructure that is going to save us from this mess in which we find ourselves.
By the way who is the business man you were referring to, you wouldn't be referring to yourself with your 'wet finger in the air' strategy would you?
Re: Salford v Leigh Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:00 pm  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 6470
Harry Stottle wrote:
Good God man, so you pin all your hope's and aspirations that someone whispered into Derek's lughole or there is a restructure that is going to save us from this mess in which we find ourselves.
By the way who is the business man you were referring to, you wouldn't be referring to yourself with your 'wet finger in the air' strategy would you?


Do you know what’s comical about all this, is current SL owners will have to vote on the restructure. Who would vote in favour of relegating their own club? Now that’s a mess.

As for the business man. I quoted you. Which usually means,I’m asking you. As for the wet finger, give it to the fairies.. :D
Image
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dick Jones, JOHN WOODS IS GOD, Keiththered, satanicmills, Ste100Centurions and 133 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leigh Centurions


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,171,2111,68478,6356,308LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Mon 21st Jun
WSL RND: 6 Hudds W18-28FeatherstoneW
Sun 20th Jun
CH RND: 10 Dewsbury24-68Featherstone
CH RND: 10 LondonB46-12Whitehaven
CH RND: 10 Newcastle40-6Oldham
CH RND: 10 Swinton4-34Halifax
CH RND: 10 Widnes30-20Sheffield
CH RND: 10 York20-22Batley
L1 RND: 7 Workington34-28Rochdale
L1 RND: 7 Hunslet16-18Doncaster
NRL RND: 15 Parramatta36-10Canterbury
NRL RND: 15 Gold Coast24-56Manly
WSL RND: 6 BradfordW10-42LeedsW
WSL RND: 6 WiganW22-8CastlefordW
WSL RND: 6 Wire W52-14WakefieldW
WSL RND: 6 YorkW24-0St.HelensW
Sat 19th Jun
L1 RND: 7 West Wales10-60Crusaders
L1 RND: 7 LondonS14-24Barrow
NRL RND: 15 Newcastle10-6NZ Warriors
NRL RND: 15 St.George22-20Canberra
NRL RND: 15 Melbourne66-16Wests
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 16
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 15 538 194 344 26
Penrith 15 450 151 299 26
Parramatta 15 436 234 202 24
Souths 14 387 282 105 22
Sydney 14 397 255 142 18
Manly 14 371 306 65 16
 
St.George 15 321 332 -11 14
Cronulla 14 270 322 -52 12
NQL Cowboys 14 288 409 -121 12
Newcastle 15 241 372 -131 12
Canberra 14 277 343 -66 10
NZ Warriors 14 287 357 -70 10
Gold Coast 15 342 436 -94 10
Wests 15 308 440 -132 10
Brisbane 15 232 482 -250 6
Canterbury 14 172 402 -230 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 11
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 9 268 142 126 16 188.73 88.89
St.Helens 9 208 76 132 14 273.68 77.78
Wigan 9 166 154 12 14 107.79 77.78
Warrington 10 308 159 149 15 193.71 75
Hull FC 10 243 165 78 13 147.27 65
Hull KR 10 241 212 29 12 113.68 60
 
Castleford 10 203 244 -41 10 83.20 50
Leeds 8 150 136 14 6 110.29 37.50
Huddersfield 9 158 171 -13 6 92.40 33.33
Wakefield 10 175 249 -74 4 70.28 20
Salford 10 115 297 -182 4 38.72 20
Leigh 10 156 386 -230 0 40.41 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 11
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 7 347 70 277 14 495.71 100
Featherstone 9 374 100 274 18 374 100
Batley 9 250 180 70 14 138.89 77.78
Bradford 9 228 216 12 14 105.56 77.78
LondonB 10 272 228 44 13 119.30 65
Halifax 10 305 139 166 12 219.42 60
 
Widnes 10 256 283 -27 9 90.46 45
York 10 239 202 37 8 118.32 40
Sheffield 10 231 279 -48 8 82.80 40
Newcastle 9 208 252 -44 7 82.54 38.89
Dewsbury 9 139 295 -156 6 47.12 33.33
Whitehaven 10 172 324 -152 5 53.09 25
Oldham 10 140 370 -230 4 37.84 20
Swinton 10 156 379 -223 0 41.16 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 7
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 7 275 80 195 14 343.75 100
Doncaster 7 268 142 126 12 188.73 85.71
Workington 7 244 134 110 12 182.09 85.71
Keighley 6 228 147 81 6 155.10 50
Hunslet 7 162 165 -3 6 98.18 42.86
Crusaders 7 182 228 -46 6 79.82 42.86
 
Coventry 5 118 144 -26 4 81.94 40
Rochdale 7 189 230 -41 4 82.17 28.57
LondonS 6 128 236 -108 2 54.24 16.67
West Wales 7 92 380 -288 0 24.21 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 7
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
LeedsW 4 256 32 224 8 800 100
WiganW 4 180 26 154 8 692.31 100
St.HelensW 4 230 30 200 6 766.67 75
CastlefordW 4 112 46 66 6 243.48 75
YorkW 4 100 102 -2 4 98.04 50
Wire W 5 138 168 -30 4 82.14 40
 
FeatherstoneW 5 102 182 -80 4 56.04 40
BradfordW 5 70 222 -152 2 31.53 20
Hudds W 5 64 250 -186 2 25.60 20
WakefieldW 4 30 224 -194 0 13.39 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X