RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - We Are Still In This !
Re: We Are Still In This ! Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:28 pm  

happyjack wrote:
happyjack Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:23 am
Posts: 590
atomic wrote:
Is this the same meeting that only a handful of SL chairman were privy too? Or just your own opinion?

Why wouldn't all the super league chairman be privy to that same meeting? or is that simply your own opinion that some were excluded?
Re: We Are Still In This ! Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:40 pm  

User avatarPumpetypump wrote:
Pumpetypump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:55 pm
Posts: 7637
Location: LS9

I don't know which one of us that applied for SL this year could have done any better. Maybe Toulouse could have recruited a few bigger names but I suspect they'd be in about the same slot on the table right now. The question is, if you do go straight back down, are you in a worse position than if you hadn't applied at all? I hope not. Anyway, best of luck from this particular bull.
Re: We Are Still In This ! Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:18 pm  
REDWHITEANDBLUE User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:31 pm
Posts: 4138
Pumpetypump wrote:
I don't know which one of us that applied for SL this year could have done any better. Maybe Toulouse could have recruited a few bigger names but I suspect they'd be in about the same slot on the table right now. The question is, if you do go straight back down, are you in a worse position than if you hadn't applied at all? I hope not. Anyway, best of luck from this particular bull.


The problem is you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. I am sure had Leigh decided not to have a pop I am sure there would have been an outcry by fans.

I agree though it's a potential poisoned chalice and could see the club having a real setback in its development.
[IMG]//i50.tinypic.com/a59ff5.gif[/IMG]
Re: We Are Still In This ! Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:45 pm  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 6548
happyjack wrote:
Why wouldn't all the super league chairman be privy to that same meeting? or is that simply your own opinion that some were excluded?


In the same way only a handful were privy to the new Sky deal.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... on-5353349
Image
Re: We Are Still In This ! Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:11 pm  

supercat wrote:
supercat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:34 pm
Posts: 2193
Don’t think this season has been any different from any other season involving p &r. You are up against it no matter what. The fact that players out of contract can talk to clubs from May basically says you can have what’s left or over pay for players.
Re: We Are Still In This ! Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:29 pm  

User avatarPumpetypump wrote:
Pumpetypump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:55 pm
Posts: 7637
Location: LS9

supercat wrote:
Don’t think this season has been any different from any other season involving p &r. You are up against it no matter what. The fact that players out of contract can talk to clubs from May basically says you can have what’s left or over pay for players.


To be fair Leigh only got the nod in mid December. In a normal promotion year they'd have known in September ish giving them two or three extra months to recruit. Still a big ask but the process this year was especially harsh for their squad building.
Re: We Are Still In This ! Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:49 pm  

User avatarCokey wrote:
Cokey User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 pm
Posts: 13132
Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
Pumpetypump wrote:
To be fair Leigh only got the nod in mid December. In a normal promotion year they'd have known in September ish giving them two or three extra months to recruit. Still a big ask but the process this year was especially harsh for their squad building.


Degsey thought he could spend money on a squad, with a couple of NRL players included, and just simply not finish bottom.....It just doesn't work like that.
Image
Re: We Are Still In This ! Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:48 am  

Harry Stottle Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 am
Posts: 465
Sacred Cow wrote:
It’s what was agreed on in the last SL meeting, no changes to the structure at this time.

Whilst i’ve no doubt some might want to change again the money just isn’t there for for 14 teams (my favoured option) or to fund two leagues of 10. With the new deal there isn’t really enough for 12 as it is.

Look at the bits in bold, both in the past tense I honestly cannot see if there are full seasons played in all three divisions how promotion and relegation can be ignored, if Leigh was in the Championship and gained the promotion spot these pages and every other platform would be awash with protests if promotion was denied as it would be for any other team and quite rightly so.
In fact, those clubs in the Championship that have speculated on their team recruitment to challenge for the title and spent a lot of money in the process could be said to have lost out more than Leigh will have done if we get relegated after all the squad we have put together for this year has been financed by the funding we have been awarded.
Re: We Are Still In This ! Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:37 pm  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 6548
Harry Stottle wrote:
Look at the bits in bold, both in the past tense I honestly cannot see if there are full seasons played in all three divisions how promotion and relegation can be ignored, if Leigh was in the Championship and gained the promotion spot these pages and every other platform would be awash with protests if promotion was denied as it would be for any other team and quite rightly so.
In fact, those clubs in the Championship that have speculated on their team recruitment to challenge for the title and spent a lot of money in the process could be said to have lost out more than Leigh will have done if we get relegated after all the squad we have put together for this year has been financed by the funding we have been awarded.


Exactly Harry. The £450k boasting to Wilkin was a distraction to what you have stated. Things don’t still add up I’m afraid.
Image
Re: We Are Still In This ! Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:05 pm  

Sacred Cow wrote:
Sacred Cow Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:07 pm
Posts: 2723
Harry Stottle wrote:
Look at the bits in bold, both in the past tense I honestly cannot see if there are full seasons played in all three divisions how promotion and relegation can be ignored, if Leigh was in the Championship and gained the promotion spot these pages and every other platform would be awash with protests if promotion was denied as it would be for any other team and quite rightly so.
In fact, those clubs in the Championship that have speculated on their team recruitment to challenge for the title and spent a lot of money in the process could be said to have lost out more than Leigh will have done if we get relegated after all the squad we have put together for this year has been financed by the funding we have been awarded.

I'm not sure what your argument is here? I’m saying the system isn’t changing, which also includes p&r. Without a doubt that should continue and it will. And for next season at least it will be staying a 12 team league.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 173 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leigh Centurions


When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sun 19th Sep
SL RND: 25 Huddersfield42-24Leigh
CH RND: 22 Bradford22-36Whitehaven
CH RND: 22 Dewsbury21-14Oldham
CH RND: 22 Featherstone78-10Sheffield
CH RND: 22 Halifax10-12Batley
CH RND: 22 Swinton16-26Widnes
CH RND: 22 York30-22LondonB
L1 RND: 22 Doncaster31-10Hunslet
WSL RND: 16 St.HelensW52-0WiganW
WSL RND: 16 YorkW28-14CastlefordW
Sat 18th Sep
NRL RND: 27 Penrith8-6Parramatta
CH RND: 22 Newcastle12-82Toulouse
L1 RND: 22 Crusaders14-28Keighley
Fri 17th Sep
SL RND: 25 Leeds36-12Hull KR
SL RND: 25 Salford26-14St.Helens
SLRND: 25 Wakefield44-12Hull FC
SL RND: 25 Wigan12-8Catalans
NRL RND: 27 Manly42-6Sydney
Thu 16th Sep
SL RND: 25 Castleford24-40Warrington
Sun 12th Sep
SLRND: 24 Leigh26-18Wakefield
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 24 815 316 499 42
Penrith 24 640 280 360 42
Souths 24 775 453 322 40
Manly 24 744 492 252 32
Sydney 24 636 475 161 32
Parramatta 24 566 457 109 30
Newcastle 24 428 571 -143 24
Gold Coast 24 568 553 15 20
 
Cronulla 24 512 556 -44 20
Canberra 24 481 578 -97 20
St.George 24 474 616 -142 16
NZ Warriors 24 453 624 -171 16
Wests 24 500 714 -214 16
Brisbane 24 446 695 -249 14
NQL Cowboys 24 460 748 -288 14
Canterbury 24 340 710 -370 6
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 23 688 398 290 38 172.86 82.61
St.Helens 21 548 229 319 32 239.30 76.19
Warrington 21 588 354 234 31 166.10 73.81
Wigan 25 387 385 2 30 100.52 60
Leeds 24 556 440 116 26 126.36 54.17
Hull KR 20 497 458 39 20 108.52 50
 
Castleford 23 439 552 -113 22 79.53 47.83
Hull FC 21 409 476 -67 17 85.92 40.48
Huddersfield 24 460 516 -56 18 89.15 37.50
Wakefield 24 482 548 -66 18 87.96 37.50
Salford 22 402 586 -184 14 68.60 31.82
Leigh 22 356 870 -514 4 40.92 9.09
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 13 616 112 504 26 550 100
Featherstone 19 817 254 563 34 321.65 94.74
Halifax 19 512 323 189 26 158.51 68.42
Bradford 18 483 455 28 24 106.15 66.67
LondonB 18 504 499 5 21 101 63.89
Batley 19 525 370 155 24 141.89 63.16
 
Whitehaven 20 447 496 -49 21 90.12 52.50
York 19 470 455 15 16 103.30 42.11
Widnes 19 458 509 -51 15 89.98 39.47
Newcastle 18 381 521 -140 13 73.13 36.11
Sheffield 18 382 553 -171 13 69.08 36.11
Dewsbury 19 308 570 -262 13 54.04 34.21
Oldham 19 270 691 -421 5 39.07 13.16
Swinton 20 354 719 -365 3 49.24 7.50
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 22
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 17 596 275 321 27 216.73 79.41
Workington 15 471 310 161 21 151.94 70
Doncaster 18 503 400 103 24 125.75 66.67
Keighley 19 640 399 241 25 160.40 65.79
Crusaders 18 553 438 115 22 126.26 61.11
Hunslet 19 572 466 106 20 122.75 52.63
 
Rochdale 17 505 488 17 17 103.48 50
Coventry 17 407 460 -53 12 88.48 35.29
LondonS 18 292 577 -285 7 50.61 19.44
West Wales 18 208 896 -688 1 23.21 2.78
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
 
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X
::::::::