FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Next TV Match in 13 minutes Huddersfield Giants v Wigan Warriors LIVE ON SKY SPORTS
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Fulton
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1977No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 23 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Dec 09 20:171st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:31 pm  
mwildcats wrote:
:lol: I'm not starting this again as i doubt the giants board could cope with 23 pages :wink:

Good luck for the rest of the season :thumb:

Fair do's. I understand why you may be ashamed of such ropey reserve grade recruitment. But you invited the question. :D
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8360
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 09 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Aug 22 11:0029th Apr 22 07:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
ADAM WATENE & LEON WALKER R.I.P.

: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:42 pm  
Marsdengiant wrote:
Fair do's. I understand why you may be ashamed of such ropey reserve grade recruitment. But you invited the question. :D

Not ashamed, nor did I start the thread on VT with mis-informed and un-researched information :wink: now can we leave it here, we dont need any other topic dividing these two sets of fans, which i feel is already blown way out of proportion.
Wadski 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10446
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 29 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Jan 23 16:5428th Jul 20 08:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
For the latest Giants News on Twitter first: Click Here Now!

FREE STUFF
We're Claret and Gold

: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:46 pm  
mwildcats wrote:
Not ashamed, nor did I start the thread on VT with mis-informed and un-researched information :wink: now can we leave it here, we dont need any other topic dividing these two sets of fans, which i feel is already blown way out of proportion.

mwildcats wrote:
wonder what marsden giant has to say :wink: :lol:

You instigated it and now cannot cope with being shown your own backside.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1977No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 23 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:55 pm  
mwildcats wrote:

Perhaps your club would be better served if a few more people were bothered by so many overseas players after a decade in SL and now signing reserve graders :roll:

You ask the question. Then you don't like the answer so you go on about another thread :D

If the Giants signed a reserve grader - using some developmental 'cap' for Samoa - i would think it very poor.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8360
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 09 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:19 pm  
Ok, you both want my answer to wadski it was a joke notice the :wink: :lol: . I'm not too fussed what MG has to say merely friendly banter that has been blown out of proportion yet again.

To MG, i dont give two £$"% how england or gb do, and i know alot of other fans (of many clubs including your own) feel the same. We have neglected our academy system for some time, this is the fault of our board aswell as numerous aussie coaches and the lack of resources on our part to invest into the academy system whilst trying to survive in SL and therefore the long term view was ignored, and short term aussie signings was unfortunately the way we had to do to survive.

Since John Kear has come into our club aswell as being given a franchise we have been able and have chosen to invest in the academy/scholarship system alot more than we have in the past with some results also been shown, we have perhaps more so than other sl clubs looked at the NL for english recruitement that has paved well for us.

In the "million pound game" vs cas only one of our players were eligable for gb (iirc) there has been an improvement in this figure since, however we have to take it step by step re. intro of majority of eng players in our squad, however as long as my club is doing well with a mixture of nationalities im not too bothered whether we have 17 english men on the field.

Re. winterstein and please dont concentrate on this comment in your response if you wish to do so, he is a young player we feel has potential in a posistion where are academy/young english players are currently filling in, however imo i dont want to burn out players such as fergurson and pitts. He did play for somoa and was selected in the WC squad before getting an injury. And as long as he plays well develops some of his potential ill be happy, (not poor) with this signing after 10 yrs in SL
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1977No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 23 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:22 pm  
mwildcats wrote:
Ok, you both want my answer to wadski it was a joke notice the :wink: :lol: . I'm not too fussed what MG has to say merely friendly banter that has been blown out of proportion yet again.

To MG, i dont give two £$"% how england or gb do, and i know alot of other fans (of many clubs including your own) feel the same. We have neglected our academy system for some time, this is the fault of our board aswell as numerous aussie coaches and the lack of resources on our part to invest into the academy system whilst trying to survive in SL and therefore the long term view was ignored, and short term aussie signings was unfortunately the way we had to do to survive.

Since John Kear has come into our club aswell as being given a franchise we have been able and have chosen to invest in the academy/scholarship system alot more than we have in the past with some results also been shown, we have perhaps more so than other sl clubs looked at the NL for english recruitement that has paved well for us.

In the "million pound game" vs cas only one of our players were eligable for gb (iirc) there has been an improvement in this figure since, however we have to take it step by step re. intro of majority of eng players in our squad, however as long as my club is doing well with a mixture of nationalities im not too bothered whether we have 17 english men on the field.

Re. winterstein and please dont concentrate on this comment in your response if you wish to do so, he is a young player we feel has potential in a posistion where are academy/young english players are currently filling in, however imo i dont want to burn out players such as fergurson and pitts. He did play for somoa and was selected in the WC squad before getting an injury. And as long as he plays well develops some of his potential ill be happy, (not poor) with this signing after 10 yrs in SL

A good juicy rationalisation.

'Half' the post seems to focus on supporting more British/local talent signed under Kear.

'Half' sems to focus on a 'don't give 2 hoots' attitude if there are loads of overseas players.

Make your mind up...or are there two people 'in there'? :D

To the half of you that is pro local/GB development:

Ten years in SL and you have around 10 overseas players and now resort to a reserve grader, it is very poor. players are on 2/3 year contracts it does not take forever to get the number down over a decade.

Furthermore Nigel Wright , not a keen Giants fan, had a different view of Trin's youth development.

To the half that is pro overseas reserve graders:

I've never said Winterstein is not a good player. However for some of us there are real concerns about bringing unproven players half way acros the world. It discourages local talent and encourages clubs to be lazy on development - if they get it wrong they will fill up with an overseas reserve grader.

Can we get back to Fulton? A proven player.

Now one more thing...what was it? oh yes..... :wink: :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8360
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 09 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:47 pm  
Marsdengiant wrote:
A good juicy rationalisation.

'Half' the post seems to focus on supporting more British/local talent signed under Kear.

'Half' sems to focus on a 'don't give 2 hoots' attitude if there are loads of overseas players.

Make your mind up...or are there two people 'in there'? :D

It's called a balanced argument, maybe you should try it
one more thing :wink: :lol:

Onto fulton can you see him playing 6 or 7 or do you think he will play his usual posistion of 13 ?

If so who will he replace, because we dont want any young english players being butted out do we :wink: :lol:
Wadski 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10446
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 29 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Jan 23 16:5428th Jul 20 08:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
For the latest Giants News on Twitter first: Click Here Now!

FREE STUFF
We're Claret and Gold

: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:52 pm  
mwildcats wrote:

Onto fulton can you see him playing 6 or 7 or do you think he will play his usual posistion of 13 ?

If so who will he replace, because we dont want any young english players being butted out do we :wink: :lol:

You you share you login with someone else? It's abit Jeckal and Hyde this. One minute you are taunting, then then next come up with semi-literate arguments. I don't know whether you are being serious or a nugget!

Just so you know: :wink:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1977No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 23 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:59 pm  
mwildcats wrote:

That is not a balanced argument. That is self contradiction. It is no surprise you cannot see the difference.

Do keep using :wink: :lol: That way when you contradict yourself you can petend it was a joke.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 07 200717 years222nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Oct 23 16:277th Mar 23 15:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:05 pm  
i am not going to knock other teams when our record has not been that great until recently.

If Wakie are developing their academy and bringing more English players into the team then fair play to them.

if they have recruited a second rate overseas player then fair enough. when Korkidas and Fulton have done the job for us then i will blow the our signings are better than your signings trumpet.

when we are better than all other teams on different criteria then we can start criticising other teams.
PreviousNext