Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Relegation
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:12 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:14 pm
Posts: 478
Rubyred1 wrote:Said Exactly the same today, can see Hudds going down and Ken saying enough is enough. Lets not forget he publicly made it clear a few years ago in the press he didn't think Huddersfield will ever get the fan base to become self sufficient.


It present circumstances you'd have to agree but we weren't far off averaging nearly 10k when N Brown was with us. Some sustained success would get us around 9-10k I'd say, very comparable to say St Helens. You could argue St Helens are never going to get much more than they do, so perhaps do a lot more in the corporate area, which Huddersfield could too in similar circumstances.

In the SL era we've been very up and down, that makes it hard to build crowds I'm afraid. And as a result in terms of 'successful periods' theres a large age gap in fans, which I think a lot of teams suffer from, this is fixable I believe but not overnight. Especially when its sport wide too.

I see SL looking at lots of other sports and leagues which to model and pinch things from but l think its going to have to create something new.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relegation
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:19 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:02 pm
Posts: 9421
onlyanorthernsoul wrote:It present circumstances you'd have to agree but we weren't far off averaging nearly 10k when N Brown was with us. Some sustained success would get us around 9-10k I'd say, very comparable to say St Helens. You could argue St Helens are never going to get much more than they do, so perhaps do a lot more in the corporate area, which Huddersfield could too in similar circumstances.

In the SL era we've been very up and down, that makes it hard to build crowds I'm afraid. And as a result in terms of 'successful periods' theres a large age gap in fans, which I think a lot of teams suffer from, this is fixable I believe but not overnight. Especially when its sport wide too.

I see SL looking at lots of other sports and leagues which to model and pinch things from but l think its going to have to create something new.


Not sure where you’ve got those numbers from- but we were a long way off 10k when brown was here! Less than 8000 the year we topped the table.






the future's bright the future's claret and gold

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relegation
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:14 am 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:14 pm
Posts: 478
jools wrote:Not sure where you’ve got those numbers from- but we were a long way off 10k when brown was here! Less than 8000 the year we topped the table.

Might have ogt the season(s) wrong, maybe towards beginning of Browns era but I'm pretty sure around that time re was talk of not being far off 10k average, maybe I'm remembering the hype and not the facts...

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relegation
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:30 am 
Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:14 pm
Posts: 56
Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:It’s early days but Huddersfield are looking in real danger of relegation. Salford and London have both started well, Leeds and Wigan will both pick up wins through the season, who do you think will finish bottom?


Shouldn't you be more worried about Leeds rubbish start to the season rather than trolling the Hudds forum?

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relegation
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:13 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:57 am
Posts: 3586
Messychops wrote:Shouldn't you be more worried about Leeds rubbish start to the season rather than trolling the Hudds forum?

It’s not trolling. Both Leeds and Huddersfield look like they could be in the relegation dog fight.

Your next two games against relegation candidates, Hull kr and London are massive, with both those clubs already on 6 points. On another board it was mentioned 16 points is normally enough to be safe, a win for Hull kr or London would mean they are half way there.

I can’t see us winning either of our next two (Catalans away or Cas at home). We then play Hull kr, Huddersfield, Wakefield, Hull kr again, Salford. This will make or break our season, all of those games are winnable (I don’t think we will win them all) but 3 or 4 out of 5 should mean we have a good chance to be safe. 0, 1 or 2 out of those 5 and I think it is likley we will go down.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relegation
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:29 pm 
Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:14 pm
Posts: 56
Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:It’s not trolling. Both Leeds and Huddersfield look like they could be in the relegation dog fight.

Your next two games against relegation candidates, Hull kr and London are massive, with both those clubs already on 6 points. On another board it was mentioned 16 points is normally enough to be safe, a win for Hull kr or London would mean they are half way there.

I can’t see us winning either of our next two (Catalans away or Cas at home). We then play Hull kr, Huddersfield, Wakefield, Hull kr again, Salford. This will make or break our season, all of those games are winnable (I don’t think we will win them all) but 3 or 4 out of 5 should mean we have a good chance to be safe. 0, 1 or 2 out of those 5 and I think it is likley we will go down.


Unlike you not to be trolling to be fair.
Catalans away must be a dilemma for you, which team do you want to win?

Wakefield (A) is winnable when you were stuffed by Trinity at Headingley?

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relegation
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:33 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:57 am
Posts: 3586
Messychops wrote:Catalans away must be a dilemma for you, which team do you want to win?

Leeds

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relegation
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:41 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:21 pm
Posts: 300
Two crucial games and two crucial wins. As long as we keep winning games when we have a fair chance to do so and spring the odd suprise we will be ok. The league looks like being really close this year, London are now gradually sinking down to where they were predicted to be, but will win a few more at home especially i'm sure. All to play for!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relegation
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:37 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:57 am
Posts: 3586
2 points seperate the bottom 5 teams, 4 points seperate the bottom 9 teams. With the exception of St Helens and Warrington, who seem a country mile ahead of everyone else, it seems nearly every club is still in contention for a play off spot or a relegation battle.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relegation
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:37 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:57 am
Posts: 3586
Latest relegation odds from betfred, London 4/11, Huddersfield 5/1, Leeds 6/1, Hull kr 8/1, Salford 10/1, Wigan 100/1

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next





It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:43 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:43 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,985,2081,14477,9054,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sat 1st Feb 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 9th Feb 15:00
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Fri 14th Feb 19:45
SL
SALFORD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 21st Feb 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 1st Mar 15:00
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 6th Mar 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 13th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Thu 19th Mar 19:45
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
HULL FC
Fri 27th Mar 19:45
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
TORONTO
Sun 12th Apr 15:00
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 19th Apr 15:00
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WARRINGTON
Sun 26th Apr 15:00
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
SALFORD
Sun 3rd May 15:00
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 15th May 19:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 24th May 12:30
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
TORONTO
Fri 29th May 19:45
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 12th Jun 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 19th Jun 19:45
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Fri 26th Jun 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





26

.