WWW.RLFANS.COM
https://retro.rlfans.com/

Wildcats (a)
https://retro.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=622456
Page 4 of 15

Author:  The Devil's Advocate [ Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wildcats (a)

GIANTSRL wrote:thats true they get less support than we do.

yes our season tickets are cheaper too.


Errrrrrrrrr, are you claiming that statement as a "win-win", because the club sells itself short?

Do you not see the correlation between the two?

Author:  vastman [ Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wildcats (a)

The Devil's Advocate wrote:Errrrrrrrrr, are you claiming that statement as a "win-win", because the club sells itself short?

Do you not see the correlation between the two?
k

A truly bizarre and contradictory rant even for him.

Author:  vastman [ Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wildcats (a)

fartown4815 wrote:Love it when Wakey fans talk about the Giants support as if theirs is better/bigger. It's easy to fill your ground when it's a glorified shed


Love it, you play out of a state of the art stadium and virtually give tickets away and yet you only just pop a team that as you say plays in a shed and charges full price for tickets.

I’m struggling to see where you are winning on this one - certainly wouldn’t boast if I were you.

Author:  Onlyonekendavy [ Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wildcats (a)

vastman wrote:Love it, you play out of a state of the art stadium and virtually give tickets away and yet you only just pop a team that as you say plays in a shed and charges full price for tickets.

I’m struggling to see where you are winning on this one - certainly wouldn’t boast if I were you.


Which bit are you struggling with?

We get bigger crowds than you!

It’s as simple as that.

Author:  Wakefield City [ Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wildcats (a)

Onlyonekendavy wrote:Which bit are you struggling with?

We get bigger crowds than you!

It’s as simple as that.


We were averaging around 7-8 thousand when we were doing the cheap season tickets now we’re averaging around 5k but making more than ever through the turnstiles.

Up the Trin

Author:  vastman [ Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wildcats (a)

Onlyonekendavy wrote:Which bit are you struggling with?

We get bigger crowds than you!

It’s as simple as that.


It’s not that simple is it and you know it.

There is no struggle old love, yes last year you averaged a little bit higher.

What I have highlighted are the reasons why you have no reason to boast. Even without the lovely stadium the football team allow you to borrow when Glover was giving tickets away for us we were averaging over 7k in our little dump.

It all about being honest. Drop the discounts and let’s see what happens.

Author:  Upanunder [ Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wildcats (a)

can we get off this petty cack and talk about the game

I wanna know what Shudds thought about the ref and how he affected their game one way or the other
what they think about Frawley's impact this season and the performance of their pack last night because I thought they put a game together.

Author:  jools [ Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wildcats (a)

vastman wrote:It’s not that simple is it and you know it.

There is no struggle old love, yes last year you averaged a little bit higher.

What I have highlighted are the reasons why you have no reason to boast. Even without the lovely stadium the football team allow you to borrow when Glover was giving tickets away for us we were averaging over 7k in our little dump.

It all about being honest. Drop the discounts and let’s see what happens.


When our tickets were really discounted we were also getting 7-8 thousand.
See it’s you that doesn’t get it. Having this lovely stadium, whether we own it or not, means we can charge a good premium for corporate hospitality - Our corporate is sold out every week - and we have a lot of it to offer- so the club doesn’t need to squeeze the supporters of the game. We are even generous enough to pass those cheap prices on to away supporters too. Can’t get a seat at your place for £21 can you? I paid more than that to stand up without cover yesterday-and more than I should have because your club didn’t send enough tickets to buy in advance. If you’re unhappy about our prices- we can always charge you £27 when you come instead of £21 advance price- would that suit you better?

Author:  wakefield1990 [ Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wildcats (a)

Upanunder wrote:can we get off this petty cack and talk about the game

I wanna know what Shudds thought about the ref and how he affected their game one way or the other
what they think about Frawley's impact this season and the performance of their pack last night because I thought they put a game together.


Completely agree we can go on all day about grounds attendances history etc etc. Thought it was an evenly matched game to be fair. Hudds controlled the speed of the ruck better than we did (still needs cleaning up) but if the ref allows it you’ll take advantage of that. Game changer has to be Fifita and Broughy knocking over the 1 against his old team. I don’t want to hear injuries as both sides have them. A draw would probably have been a fair result but it’s RL and there’s no such thing anymore. To be fair it’s about time we won a close game..

Author:  jools [ Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wildcats (a)

I thought we lost a bit of momentum when leeming came off- he’s adding just the right balance to our team and at the moment he’s absolutely on fire. But he’s done a lot of minutes and a lot of work in the last few weeks, he was clearly tiring as he missed a couple of tackles -unlike him! So it was right he came off. Young Russell kicked well but I think Gaskell is a better fit for frawley- who’s really starting to come good. I also think Gaskell would have gone for the drop goal after our last try, instead of running it which would have killed off wakey. Before Half time also- which came at the wrong time for us as leeming had just wound brough up, he was starting to have a go at his teammates and his game had started to wobble
I though fifita and Reece Lyne aside (who had an excellent game for wakey) we were better man for man.
Darnell is really coming to his own in that fullback role, and the way he takes those high balls on the fly is majestic. Looks effortless.

Page 4 of 15 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/