Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Wildcats (a)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:47 am 
Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:58 pm
Posts: 7
It doesn’t matter what we charge for tickets.

The point I’m making is, some of you lot slag our attendances off (which admittedly are poor) however they are better than yours. It’s really that simple!
Baring in mind we’ve been in a battle to escape the middle 8s for the past two years whilst you’ve been doing better than you ever have and hitting the dizzy heights of 5th place!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wildcats (a)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:03 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:26 pm
Posts: 15317
Location: Huddersfield
great effort lastnight!

when i knew gaskell and wardle were out thought we would get beaten but to almost pull it off was brilliant... onto next week now back at home and hopefully a few bodies back!!

jordan turner is playing out of his skin at the moment.

english is playing injured with his knee he looked in so much pain lastnight we need to manage him best we can as i keep saying he needs a rest, dont think he will play next week, with wardle and murphy poss back we can put taai at prop .

woolford didnt think senior knocked on at the end.. ref blew though :roll:

fafita....jeez that guy doesnt half moan at the ref!!

leeming, didnt like to see when he passed the ball deliberate into the wakefield player in the ruck, sorry that type of thing is ruining the sport, poor.






HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wildcats (a)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:19 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:02 pm
Posts: 9125
GIANTSRL wrote:great effort lastnight!

when i knew gaskell and wardle were out thought we would get beaten but to almost pull it off was brilliant... onto next week now back at home and hopefully a few bodies back!!

jordan turner is playing out of his skin at the moment.

english is playing injured with his knee he looked in so much pain lastnight we need to manage him best we can as i keep saying he needs a rest, dont think he will play next week, with wardle and murphy poss back we can put taai at prop .

woolford didnt think senior knocked on at the end.. ref blew though :roll:

fafita....jeez that guy doesnt half moan at the ref!!

leeming, didnt like to see when he passed the ball deliberate into the wakefield player in the ruck, sorry that type of thing is ruining the sport, poor.


We could see Matty grimacing in pain as he was warming up to come back on. We indeed do need to be careful and not do him lasting damage that will hurt us later. I also agree with you about the ruck play- was discussing it with a fella next to me after wakey did it to English earlier in the game, he argued the ref has to give them- when leeming did it later he said he bet I didn’t mind that one- I said no actually I do. It’s ruining the game the directive needs to change, the refs need to show common sense. But whilst all teams win penalties they will continue to do it.






the future's bright the future's claret and gold

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wildcats (a)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:53 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:02 pm
Posts: 9125
Did anyone else notice that when wakey did their drop out the shot clock had already reached zero-
What should the outcome of that have been? ....






the future's bright the future's claret and gold

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wildcats (a)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:09 pm 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:25 pm
Posts: 203
jools wrote:I thought we lost a bit of momentum when leeming came off- he’s adding just the right balance to our team and at the moment he’s absolutely on fire. But he’s done a lot of minutes and a lot of work in the last few weeks, he was clearly tiring as he missed a couple of tackles -unlike him! So it was right he came off. Young Russell kicked well but I think Gaskell is a better fit for frawley- who’s really starting to come good. I also think Gaskell would have gone for the drop goal after our last try, instead of running it which would have killed off wakey. Before Half time also- which came at the wrong time for us as leeming had just wound brough up, he was starting to have a go at his teammates and his game had started to wobble
I though fifita and Reece Lyne aside (who had an excellent game for wakey) we were better man for man.
Darnell is really coming to his own in that fullback role, and the way he takes those high balls on the fly is majestic. Looks effortless.

Really. If 15 of your players were better than ours surely you would have won comfortably?

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wildcats (a)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:38 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:26 pm
Posts: 15317
Location: Huddersfield
jools wrote:We could see Matty grimacing in pain as he was warming up to come back on. We indeed do need to be careful and not do him lasting damage that will hurt us later. I also agree with you about the ruck play- was discussing it with a fella next to me after wakey did it to English earlier in the game, he argued the ref has to give them- when leeming did it later he said he bet I didn’t mind that one- I said no actually I do. It’s ruining the game the directive needs to change, the refs need to show common sense. But whilst all teams win penalties they will continue to do it.


only ref ive seen so far let them go is thaler in the leeds v cas match, shame the other refs arent doing same






HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wildcats (a)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:18 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:02 pm
Posts: 9125
So does anyone know what the outcome should be if a drop out goes over time allowed???






the future's bright the future's claret and gold

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wildcats (a)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:09 pm 
100% League Network
100% League Network
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 8:25 pm
Posts: 11732
Location: Durham
jools wrote:So does anyone know what the outcome should be if a drop out goes over time allowed???


A penalty in front of the posts to the other team






Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wildcats (a)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:05 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:15 pm
Posts: 1001
Bit of barrel scraping going on there I think
Shot clock overtime has been a regular occurrence all season, its 1 ref event in a million ref events that don't seem to be enforced correctly.
You can have that penalty if Wakey can have the offside penalty(s)

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wildcats (a)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:20 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 28939
Location: Poodle Power!
jools wrote:I thought we lost a bit of momentum when leeming came off- he’s adding just the right balance to our team and at the moment he’s absolutely on fire. But he’s done a lot of minutes and a lot of work in the last few weeks, he was clearly tiring as he missed a couple of tackles -unlike him! So it was right he came off. Young Russell kicked well but I think Gaskell is a better fit for frawley- who’s really starting to come good. I also think Gaskell would have gone for the drop goal after our last try, instead of running it which would have killed off wakey. Before Half time also- which came at the wrong time for us as leeming had just wound brough up, he was starting to have a go at his teammates and his game had started to wobble
I though fifita and Reece Lyne aside (who had an excellent game for wakey) we were better man for man.
Darnell is really coming to his own in that fullback role, and the way he takes those high balls on the fly is majestic. Looks effortless.


:lol: :lol: :lol: You're not even close as the respective league positions testify. Brough at 36 is way better than Fawley for starters, what a wate of space that guy is. You did quite well but don't guild the lilly, your some way behind us on the player front these days - oh and dont forget we were missing the best centre and best winger in SL last night.






SUPPORT SWAG...

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next





It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:19 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fartown1957, GiantJake1988, Giants54321, Huddsgiants11, Onlyonekendavy, Riderofthepalehorse and 54 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:19 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,923,4621,75577,6924,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 10:50
NRL
BRISBANE
v
CANTERBURY
TODAY 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WAKEFIELD
TOMORROW 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 2nd Aug 19:45
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sun 11th Aug 15:00
SLXXIV
SALFORD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 16th Aug 19:45
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
CASTLEFORD
Fri 30th Aug 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 6th Sep 19:45
SLXXIV
ST.HELENS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 13th Sep 19:45
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






26

.