WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Woolford, the squad and the future

Board index Super League Huddersfield Giants - claretandgold.co.uk Woolford, the squad and the future

Re: Woolford, the squad and the future Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:59 am  

User avatarjools wrote:
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:02 pm
Posts: 9546
hxgiant wrote:
Until Thewlis goes nothing will change and now really loyal fans are so fed up they are starting to vote with their feet. Sadly I don’t see this happening


How on Earth is performance on the field and our squad down to RT? He doesn’t choose the playing personnel he just negotiates contracts within the salary cap.
the future's bright the future's claret and gold
Re: Woolford, the squad and the future Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:10 am  

hxgiant wrote:
hxgiant Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:00 am
Posts: 202
Who exactly does then ?

Do you know anything about the workings of a professional sports club ?
Re: Woolford, the squad and the future Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:29 am  
SpainesRoadFartown Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:49 pm
Posts: 366
the head coach chooses the players this has been stated by numerous coaches players and staff over the last few years the md just negotiates the contracts
Re: Woolford, the squad and the future Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:01 pm  

User avatarGIANTSRL wrote:
GIANTSRL User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:26 pm
Posts: 15511
Location: Huddersfield
thewlis has alot to do with the culture of the club , its rotten.

rick stone didnt have much chance to do much with the salary cap he had either like wooldford, yet woolford so far has done no better than stone, paul anderson spent up alot and we are still coming out of his cycle.

we were linked with uate a long time before woolford arrived so are you telling me wooldford signed him or did thewlis? been a number of other signings too that the coach didnt sign, it does happen at all clubs

recent example is wilson from bradford, you really think woolford knew anything about him?? thewlis was asking around who was the best youngster on the market and robinson said wilson along with other people who work with the academies , the board agreed to club some money together and ken davy to get a deal done, doubt it all started with wooldford going to watch wilson on a rainy sunday afternoon at odsal
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE
Re: Woolford, the squad and the future Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:09 pm  

djhudds wrote:
djhudds Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:17 pm
Posts: 596
He’d never heard of REIss BUTTERWORTH, 3 yr deal, who was that ? Stone had already been sacked
Re: Woolford, the squad and the future Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:47 pm  

User avatarjools wrote:
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:02 pm
Posts: 9546
So the likes of Robinson, poching, thorman don’t advise?

Several successive coaches have stated-RT doesn’t decide who to sign,
RT himself has stated -RT doesn’t decide who to sign
Even Ken Davy has stated- RT doesn’t decide who to sign

The only people who insist on going on about RT signing players are people who aren’t involved in the club from an operational point of view. Some people just spout hearsay if it fits their agenda. I prefer to listen to those actually involved in running of the club rather than someone on a forum or social media quoting rumours.

Can I please ask any person on here who thinks that RT signs players what basis they have to believe that RT signs players? I’m open to any evidence people can provide.
the future's bright the future's claret and gold
Re: Woolford, the squad and the future Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:48 pm  

djhudds wrote:
djhudds Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:17 pm
Posts: 596
Where’s your evidence he doesn’t? Isn’t that also hearsay or does that not fit your narrative ? But as always you always know best and you will believe what the club tells you, will thewlis admit he’s signed duds ? No, will coaches say they don’t have full autonomy on signings as therefore look weak? No, does ken Davey let thewlis run it how he wants? Yes
However you always know best, you are an embarrassment at games, an embarrassment on social media and a know it all on here
Re: Woolford, the squad and the future Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:59 pm  

User avatarjools wrote:
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:02 pm
Posts: 9546
djhudds wrote:
Where’s your evidence he doesn’t? Isn’t that also hearsay or does that not fit your narrative ? But as always you always know best and you will believe what the club tells you, will thewlis admit he’s signed duds ? No, will coaches say they don’t have full autonomy on signings as therefore look weak? No, does ken Davey let thewlis run it how he wants? Yes
However you always know best, you are an embarrassment at games, an embarrassment on social media and a know it all on here



:lol: :lol: :lol:
So you believe all those coaches and ken Davy are lying to you- whilst “Dave” on social media is speaking the truth?
Coaches who have since left the club, potentially with axes to grind, have still maintained they had the say on the playing roster. What basis would ken Davy have to lie?

But you’d rather believe all those people are lying whilst people with no direct involvement know best.
So djhudds -I work according to evidence based decision making- I’ve given you the basis for my conclusion about who signs players- I’m still waiting to hear your basis - I’m open to being convinced if you can provide me with something more substantial than what I’m currently basing my conclusions on.......
let’s hear it.....
the future's bright the future's claret and gold
Re: Woolford, the squad and the future Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:43 pm  

User avatarno fear wrote:
no fear User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2002 9:51 pm
Posts: 597
Location: Belfast/ Wakefield

jools wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
So you believe all those coaches and ken Davy are lying to you- whilst “Dave” on social media is speaking the truth?
Coaches who have since left the club, potentially with axes to grind, have still maintained they had the say on the playing roster. What basis would ken Davy have to lie?

But you’d rather believe all those people are lying whilst people with no direct involvement know best.
So djhudds -I work according to evidence based decision making- I’ve given you the basis for my conclusion about who signs players- I’m still waiting to hear your basis - I’m open to being convinced if you can provide me with something more substantial than what I’m currently basing my conclusions on.......
let’s hear it.....


:CLAP:
How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
-Ronald Reagan
Re: Woolford, the squad and the future Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:19 am  

bilko1941 wrote:
bilko1941 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:24 pm
Posts: 698
hxgiant wrote:
Who exactly does then ?

Do you know anything about the workings of a professional sports club ?
I do not but seeing how you claim to, please enlighten the rest of us with your knowledge!!!!
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Huddersfield Giants - claretandgold.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,072,57457378,2254,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts