Mar 04 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 17:1011th Jun 22 18:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Is woolfords time up : Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:25 am  
jools wrote:
The issue is not with woolford. It is with the players themselves. They’ve shown they can step up like they did at Magic. They aren’t doing so each week. They know where their issues are- but they aren't changing themselves to deal with it. We are the slowest team in the league by a way, and I’m not talking about individuals in talking about the speed at which we play the game- speed requires fitness, and effort.
No one dynamic enough on that field to sort them out. No leader. And much as I think Andy Kelly is doing a brilliant job with youth- he’s anonymous on the field on game day- he doesn’t gee them up/b@ll@ck them like robbo does- in fact he doesn’t speak to them at all!
Those who watch the youngsters on a regular basis will see a big difference in squad unity- they NEVER stop talking to each other on the field, giving encouragement and direction to each other all the way through whether winning or losing.

I agree to a certain extent, but there comes a time when you have to ask the question 'why aren't the players playing' and if you ask it so many times, the answer will come back to the coach.

More often than not, that's why coaches move on. It's very rare one will leave on a high.

Ultimately, it's the coach's job to get them playing - and as much as I like Woolford, I think it's now time to start asking the question.

As far as Andy Kelly goes, I don't believe it's his job on matchday to act in that enforcer role.

The players also do communicate on the field, it's just that you can hear it a lot more in the academy games as they are closer and there's only two people and a dog there
jools 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 09 201113 years190th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 23 05:1924th Dec 22 09:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
the future's bright the future's claret and gold

Re: Is woolfords time up : Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:09 am  
GiantMisterE wrote:
I agree to a certain extent, but there comes a time when you have to ask the question 'why aren't the players playing' and if you ask it so many times, the answer will come back to the coach.

More often than not, that's why coaches move on. It's very rare one will leave on a high.

Ultimately, it's the coach's job to get them playing - and as much as I like Woolford, I think it's now time to start asking the question.

As far as Andy Kelly goes, I don't believe it's his job on matchday to act in that enforcer role.

The players also do communicate on the field, it's just that you can hear it a lot more in the academy games as they are closer and there's only two people and a dog there

It’s been Andy kelly’s Job the last few weeks as robbo hasn’t been there- he’s been up top with woolford. there’s no ground closer than wakey when you are stood alongside- you can almost reach out and touch the players! It was because I was as close as I am at the academy that the difference struck me!

I agree questions have to be asked as to why the players aren’t responding to Woolford- but they didn’t respond to stone, so where’s the fault.
when we were winning just a handful of games every season and finishing bottom every year the fans rarely questioned the player effort- they left that field and you could see physically they’d given it everything-they just weren’t the same skill level than other teams. Now effort is being questioned by the fans. It could just be that expectations are higher- what do others think?
RankPostsTeam
International Star184No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 18 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd May 22 20:582nd May 22 20:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Is woolfords time up : Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:50 am  
I know there are issues around injuries but ultimately it comes back to the coach and I have gone from being happy with Woolford to questioning whether he can take us on. If he's giving the team a game plan to win games and they aren't following it he has to find out why and find a way of getting his plans carried out rather than just constantly critiscise the team. Certainly needs to be asking serious questions of the defensive coach and getting that sorted. Was the fantastic run last year more down to Thorman? Looking at the fixtures and our form I don't see us surviving without an immediate dramatic change.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain410
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 14 20167 years301st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Aug 23 09:2929th Jul 23 17:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Is woolfords time up : Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:38 pm  
so basically we've had 3 bad coaches in a row who can't make the players play better? surely by now then the players themselves would be trying to play better off their own back if the coaches haven't been able to 'make' them.
RankPostsTeam
International Star184No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 18 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd May 22 20:582nd May 22 20:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Is woolfords time up : Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:20 pm  
Obviously I know the players should have their own professional pride and attitude, but the coach has to be able to man manage on an individual basis to get the best out of each man.....Was Thorman the man doing that is my question. I like Woolford and hope he can turn it around but my point was that he has to identify how that can be done. Plus there is no leader on the pitch to drive the team on.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4525
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 07 200519 years305th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Mar 24 16:0710th May 23 13:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Is woolfords time up : Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:33 pm  
GiantJake1988 wrote:
I think he is the man to take us forward at the end of 2020, providing he can bring his own players in and not have some Thewlis specials.

I don't think he is the man for "now" as he can't motivate most of the players in this pathetic squad.

Does he need to take responsibility for signing Uate, Frawley and Matagi or is that down to Thewlis?

At the end of 2020 there are 16 players OOC and until then next season will turn out to be similar to this season in afraid, unless we get relegated.

Years of shambolic recruitment has ruined the club. If our Bradford's academy wasn't as good as it, the club would have nothing going for it at all.

edited for accuracy
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain410
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 14 20167 years301st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Aug 23 09:2929th Jul 23 17:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Is woolfords time up : Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:07 pm  
rugbyreddog wrote:
edited for accuracy

you do realise we have about 7 or 8 regular academy players in our 1st team that we produced, o'brien and mellor from bradford were hardly relying on them
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain99No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 19 20159 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Apr 22 14:388th Dec 19 17:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Is woolfords time up : Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:17 pm  
For me his man management skills leave a lot to be desired and publicly berating the players and questioning their desire needs to be kept in house. I think his treatment of seb and to a lesser extent Leeming leaves a lot to be desired.
The tactic of bringing Leeming on after 50mins is so predictable that sides are now countering it, start with him, then bring aob on and move him to loose like earlier in the season, I'd also wouldn't have Lawrence and Murphy on at the same time, hopefully Wardle and fergie will be back soon. We have to better the results of London to stay up in my opinion and with two home games against catalans and Leeds and Cas, if we don't garner enough points from them then we don't deserve to stay up.
jools 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 09 201113 years190th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 23 05:1924th Dec 22 09:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
the future's bright the future's claret and gold

Re: Is woolfords time up : Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:17 pm  
willo109 wrote:
For me his man management skills leave a lot to be desired and publicly berating the players and questioning their desire needs to be kept in house. I think his treatment of seb and to a lesser extent Leeming leaves a lot to be desired.
The tactic of bringing Leeming on after 50mins is so predictable that sides are now countering it, start with him, then bring aob on and move him to loose like earlier in the season, I'd also wouldn't have Lawrence and Murphy on at the same time, hopefully Wardle and fergie will be back soon. We have to better the results of London to stay up in my opinion and with two home games against catalans and Leeds and Cas, if we don't garner enough points from them then we don't deserve to stay up.

Completely agree re leeming-he brings speed around the ruck- bringing him on when the games already gone is pointless. We were winning games when leeming was on the field first. He’s more than capable of playing long more it’s so start him then move him to second row/loose as before.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5271
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 24 201014 years315th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 11:056th Mar 24 20:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Is woolfords time up : Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:15 pm  
GIANTSRL wrote:
woolfords record isnt great.

but he did lose his assistant coach and head conditioner in pre season so that cant have helped... drafter poching and robinson in.

i certainly wouldnt mind seeing thorman back at the club, the club wanted him and he wanted to stay but for some reason he had to leave... was it the rfl?

if he does well at workington can see him taking over when woolford comes to the end.

woolford like others before him, stone.... have had the injury curse too.

would like to see

uate
turner
cudjoe
mcgillvary

as a back line, mcintosh needs to hit some form at full back asap. if he does i can see that back line saving us

Defo a nice 3/4 line.
PreviousNext