u RLFANS.COM - v Catalans

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: v Catalans
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:06 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

looking back at Catalans tries, the kick through for Tomkins to score should not have been awarded, he was a metre in front of the kicker, and if we had been on TV it would have been chalked off by the video ref, as those types of tries usually go to the video. Meaning we should have won that game if you take 6 points off their score. Which brings up the old question all games ought to have video or none at all. I paused the TV bang on contact with the kickers foot and Tomkins was in front of him about 5 metres to his left. That 2 points would have probably meant safety now.

[img]//www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/giantscorpio.gif[/img]

Post subject: Re: v Catalans
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:14 pm 
Stevo's Armpit

Giantscorpio wrote:looking back at Catalans tries, the kick through for Tomkins to score should not have been awarded, he was a metre in front of the kicker, and if we had been on TV it would have been chalked off by the video ref, as those types of tries usually go to the video. Meaning we should have won that game if you take 6 points off their score. Which brings up the old question all games ought to have video or none at all. I paused the TV bang on contact with the kickers foot and Tomkins was in front of him about 5 metres to his left. That 2 points would have probably meant safety now.

He really wasn't you know. He's at worst level if not behind the ball. Even so we would still have lost because Catlan were by far the better team.

And bearing in mind London had a try disallowed that almost certainly was a try and had there been VR at that game we would have lost. I really don't think we have any room to be playing the what if game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

It is currently Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:34 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com