WWW.RLFANS.COM
https://retro.rlfans.com/

Team Selection
https://retro.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=625245
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Run leroy , run ! [ Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:55 am ]
Post subject:  Team Selection

Desperately trying not to use hindsight, nor slag off our beloved club that currently need our support more than ever...but came to game relatively positive, and like the bookies was expecting a tight game ( they had leeds 2 points favourites)

Follow giants home and away, and I was just totally baffled Pre kick off with our team selection. Has anyone an ideas on why the following decisions where made? What was the game plan behind them?

Picking only 3 props?

Starting with leeming rather than AOB.?

Frawley returning over Holmes ? (0r Even Russell)

And less odd, but unusual Darnell and senior swapping full back and centre - which I assume was to be more physical with Conrad.

Anyone any ideas on our strategy ?

Author:  GiantJake1988 [ Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Team Selection

Woolford is massively out of his depth for me. And proving not to have a clue in these challenging times.

The Cudjoe situation needs clarity ASAP. Hes blatantly done for the season or we wouldn't have even tried to sign Ryan Hampshire from Wakey.

Author:  jools [ Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Team Selection

I get where you are coming from- Do you know what- for me it’s irrelevant who’s picked.
Every week it’s the same, stand and wait in the defensive line after the opposition PTB. Thats just effort based. You can be the poorest skilled player in the world but you can still get off your line. And they just aren’t.
They play the game every week like it’s a training session- makes you wonder whether they just walk round on the training field. Because if that’s the best they can do it’s appalling.
Lost count of the times I’ve come away from a game talking about poor linespeed. It seems obvious to me- is it being picked up by the coaches? It must be- but Nothing changes.

Author:  TheJudderman [ Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Team Selection

jools wrote:I get where you are coming from- Do you know what- for me it’s irrelevant who’s picked.
Every week it’s the same, stand and wait in the defensive line after the opposition PTB. Thats just effort based. You can be the poorest skilled player in the world but you can still get off your line. And they just aren’t.
They play the game every week like it’s a training session- makes you wonder whether they just walk round on the training field. Because if that’s the best they can do it’s appalling.
Lost count of the times I’ve come away from a game talking about poor linespeed. It seems obvious to me- is it being picked up by the coaches? It must be- but Nothing changes.


You are spot on here. It is pedestrian and passive. We allow teams a run up and every week nothing changes. That line speed made Donaldson look like a world beater, Donaldson!! Next set Matagi makes a run into the line which is up in his face and he gets nowhere. That said even with a run up of 10 clear meters he would be stopped dead. A complete plodder, want him gone, Wilson for the rest of the season for me, Seb is better option also.

Author:  Jo Jumbuck [ Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Team Selection

jools wrote:I get where you are coming from- Do you know what- for me it’s irrelevant who’s picked.
Every week it’s the same, stand and wait in the defensive line after the opposition PTB. Thats just effort based. You can be the poorest skilled player in the world but you can still get off your line. And they just aren’t.
They play the game every week like it’s a training session- makes you wonder whether they just walk round on the training field. Because if that’s the best they can do it’s appalling.
Lost count of the times I’ve come away from a game talking about poor linespeed. It seems obvious to me- is it being picked up by the coaches? It must be- but Nothing changes.



The obvious result jools as we well know is we play big minutes in our own half and 22 which gives our halves little chance at all, what gets to me is if we can see it why can't, someone who can do something about it also see it, as you say nothing changes.

Author:  Run leroy , run ! [ Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Team Selection

Understand comments on attitude, line speed and commitment etc, but can anyone explain the logic behind the team selection. That’s what is baffling me please ?

Author:  GIANTSRL [ Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Team Selection

woolford has made some strange selections for a long time now, clueless is seems at times

dont think they players even listen to him

frawley and matagi...two great signings by him :WALL:

Author:  Sir Kevin Sinfield [ Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Team Selection

Run leroy , run ! wrote:Picking only 3 props?

Leeds only had 3 props, worked out ok for us.

Author:  GiantJake1988 [ Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Team Selection

GIANTSRL wrote:woolford has made some strange selections for a long time now, clueless is seems at times

dont think they players even listen to him

frawley and matagi...two great signings by him :WALL:


Add Uate to that. 32 years old soon and here for another 2 year......

Author:  GIANTSRL [ Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Team Selection

GiantJake1988 wrote:Add Uate to that. 32 years old soon and here for another 2 year......


not sure woolford signed him

was linked with him when stone was here...

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/