Posted by jools on Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:01 am
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 556
Rep Position: 33rd / 78,082

Quiz Score: 0

fartown since 1961 wrote:
Yeah easy responding to a Shudds thread, a term I dislike and is incorrect, is different to trolling them over missed tackles when there was no disrespectful reference to our own team.

On the hooker thing we will agree to disagree until such time as we sign a proper back Up hooker not a championship standard half back.

I completely agree we need another hooker- have said so right from the start. But I was told by many on here that a hooker is just another half- no one said anything about a prop forward! :lol:
Why were you even on the wakey board when we arent playing them?
:THINK: :THINK:
the future's bright the future's claret and gold
Re: KR
Post Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:17 am
Posted by Hangerman2 on Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:17 am
Hangerman2 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 121
Rep Position: 204th / 78,082

Quiz Score: 28

People need to learn how to disagree without becoming aggressive and hostile :) We are all on the same side here (i hope). I agree that another hooker is desperately needed, whether Holmes is the answer or not remains to be seen, but Clough most certainly is not.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:01 pm
Posted by Jo Jumbuck on Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:01 pm
Jo Jumbuck Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 143
Rep Position: 186th / 78,082

fartown since 1961 wrote:
Well had Holmes played last night it would have reduced our chances of winning.

Don’t know if either of you went but it was a very hard physical game, harder than it looked when I rewatched it on Sky and without the four man big bench we could have come up short.

Despite Jools having been on the HKR site suggesting they hit the tackle bags this week as they missed a few tackles last night, they normally turn up when we go there and it’s a pretty close match.

So who would Jools with her magnificent coaching background leave out? Danny Houghton plays 60-80 minutes each week so Hull can put an extra impact forward on the bench

We’ve had a extended break due to weather, the same seven day turnaround as HKR then a nine day break to the Wigan game why would you change what’s worked pretty well so far? 2/2

On a short turnaround maybe but change for changes sake naw... unless Jools has someone in our team she doesn’t like...

Fair enough I only saw it on TV but in all honesty i do not like the idea of going with 4 forwards on the bench, We lose a back, hooker or half or even two of them We are going to be shunting players all over the field Jon Sharpe style. I have not seen Holmes much but what i saw i didn't think he was anything like as bad as you obviously do, But that's fine we all have our views,
I remember somebody saying we were going with one Hooker this year, personally i think it's a bad mistake , There is nobody happier than me to see our forwards hold their own, I have been posting on here for years preaching that without field position you can not expect to do anything ( and i know you are aware of that ) anyone who knows anything about the game could see how Brough revelled behind Anderson's style of play.

I don't want to go back to that style, and i know plenty would if it meant we could win another Hub cap, It looks as though Woolford is thinking down those lines, but to be fair we have only played two games , he has had little chance yet and i for one am prepared to give him time, I'm just spouting my opinions and certainly not wanting to get across with anyone over them.

Lets see how things pan out, I am delighted we are playing some of the game in the opposition half but i really do think we need a backup Hooker, If Holmes is not good enough then we need to get one from somewhere else.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:35 pm
Posted by jools on Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:35 pm
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Dont forget everyone - at KR cowbells are banned, no enjoying yourself at the game, and remember to join in with the booing.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:40 pm
Posted by SpainesRoadFartown on Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:40 pm
SpainesRoadFartown Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 126
Rep Position: 199th / 78,082

jools wrote:
Dont forget everyone - at KR cowbells are banned, no enjoying yourself at the game, and remember to join in with the booing.

And you musn't complain when the 10 year olds who sneak into the back bit start swearing at you or kicking you. or you'll be accused of child abuse by the laughing adult who is supposed to be supervising them !!
Post Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:24 pm
Posted by Giantscorpio on Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:24 pm
Giantscorpio User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 34
Rep Position: 290th / 78,082

Jo Jumbuck wrote:
Fair enough I only saw it on TV but in all honesty i do not like the idea of going with 4 forwards on the bench, We lose a back, hooker or half or even two of them We are going to be shunting players all over the field Jon Sharpe style. I have not seen Holmes much but what i saw i didn't think he was anything like as bad as you obviously do, But that's fine we all have our views,
I remember somebody saying we were going with one Hooker this year, personally i think it's a bad mistake , There is nobody happier than me to see our forwards hold their own, I have been posting on here for years preaching that without field position you can not expect to do anything ( and i know you are aware of that ) anyone who knows anything about the game could see how Brough revelled behind Anderson's style of play.

I don't want to go back to that style, and i know plenty would if it meant we could win another Hub cap, It looks as though Woolford is thinking down those lines, but to be fair we have only played two games , he has had little chance yet and i for one am prepared to give him time, I'm just spouting my opinions and certainly not wanting to get across with anyone over them.

Lets see how things pan out, I am delighted we are playing some of the game in the opposition half but i really do think we need a backup Hooker, If Holmes is not good enough then we need to get one from somewhere else.

I know young "Pago" is a very competent half back, he would be ok on the bench as cover for any of the back positions and hooker.
[img]//www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/giantscorpio.gif[/img]
Post Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:41 am
Posted by Joehudds on Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:41 am
Joehudds Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 90
Rep Position: 234th / 78,082

Don’t we have butterworth who is a hooker
Is he any good , don’t think he’s been given a real shot has he
Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:38 am
Posted by jools on Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:38 am
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Squad is out- as last week but young jordle returns for turner.
Barring any injuries in training I expect woolford will put out the same team as last week with woody switching to other centre and jordle in his 3 spot.
I hope he plays that same bench- bringing on gavet taai and Edwards with their enthusiasm puts the fear of the rugby gods into a tiring defence- esp as Kr were struggling for numbers in the forwards
Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:25 am
Posted by SpainesRoadFartown on Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:25 am
SpainesRoadFartown Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 126
Rep Position: 199th / 78,082

young jordle ? shouldnt that be jardle as opposed to jordle
Post Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:05 pm
Posted by jools on Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:05 pm
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Fantastic effort in defence. Just fantastic. Kr has the lions share of possession but couldn’t break us down. First half especially we were rock solid on our goal line and some excellent individual efforts to prevent them scoring.
The wind meant the kicking game was a struggle.
Darnell Came ofF early in first half with what looked like ankle.he was wearing a support at the end.
What looked like a very nasty injury to gavet who was stretchered off after a very long delay early in the second half. Hope he’s ok.
Three away games unbeaten.
Fantastic.
PreviousNext