WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Simon Woolford
Simon Woolford Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:24 pm  

Wood1 wrote:
Wood1 Stevo's Armpit

Interview with Simon Woolford where he says he expects to be going home at the end of the season. He says he wants to finish the job but the club don't appear to be offering him a contract extension. Not sure why the reluctance from the club, He's done a reasonable job and assembled a decent squad. Do they have a replacement lined up?
Re: Simon Woolford Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:16 pm  

hxgiant wrote:
hxgiant Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Killed this season and any momentum for next. Very strange even by Clueless standards
Re: Simon Woolford Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:41 pm  

Crackerjack wrote:
Crackerjack Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Can't really see what anyone could do better unless it someone who could work miracle with the injury situation.
We were doing reasonably well up to Toronto and lockdown but the on/ off season plus our (once again) injury ins and outs have once again rained on our bonfire and probably given him nightmares regarding the luxury of a " settled" formation.
The loss of Gaskell and Sezer at the same time as a half back pairing considerably damaged his options.
Could be just " bad luck" but seems he's been jinxed on his team selection too many times since he arrived.
Strikes me it hurts him more than it did Stone when things go pear shaped.
Change again and with similar circumstances
it will be still a difficult dilemma for the new fella and bang goes continuity yet again.
Won the "consistency cup" with one coach but still had to have a "change" so away he went and it's been all downhill since!
I despair sometimes ( regularly!)
"[color=#800000]Huddersfield[/color] -[color=#FF8000]The Birthplace of Rugby League[/color]"
[color=#FF8000]They couldnt beat us[/color] -[color=#800000]so they joined[/color] !
Re: Simon Woolford Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:55 am  

User avatarDurham Giant wrote:
Durham Giant User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

I would have thought he was worth an extra year . Unlike other coaches we have had problems don’t seem to be of his making and he has blooded a lot of youngsters and laid the basis for a home grown future.

Seems like a decent bloke as well
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????
Re: Simon Woolford Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:31 am  

cheekydiddles Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Maybe Chris McQueen is coming over not just to play but to be your new player coach :mrgreen:
Re: Simon Woolford Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:08 am  

Fartown58 wrote:
Fartown58 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

cheekydiddles wrote:
Maybe Chris McQueen is coming over not just to play but to be your new player coach :mrgreen:

Just read on west tigers fans forum (and wests official site) that he is being released with immediate effect and being linked to play for a super league club! Rumour on their site linking him to us.
Re: Simon Woolford Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:14 am  

Fartown58 wrote:
Fartown58 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Durham Giant wrote:
I would have thought he was worth an extra year . Unlike other coaches we have had problems don’t seem to be of his making and he has blooded a lot of youngsters and laid the basis for a home grown future.

Seems like a decent bloke as well

Totally agree.
A new coach might not like the current squad and want to shape his own as woolford has nearly done.
I'd defo give him an extension.
Re: Simon Woolford Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:22 pm  

Steve May wrote:
Steve May Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

It feels to me like he's building a good side but he needs more time.

It would be a big mistake to lose him imo
Huddersfield Giants - "We know our place"
Re: Simon Woolford Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:45 pm  

Crackerjack wrote:
Crackerjack Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Like I said .....!
Playing a top team.like Saints with the availability at his disposal tonight - we don't need a coach we need a faith healer or a magician
Rumour is we're in talks with Penn and Teller?
"[color=#800000]Huddersfield[/color] -[color=#FF8000]The Birthplace of Rugby League[/color]"
[color=#FF8000]They couldnt beat us[/color] -[color=#800000]so they joined[/color] !
Re: Simon Woolford Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:15 pm  

djhudds wrote:
djhudds Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Lost more than he’s won, nearly relegated and his signings
Holmes
Butler
Matagi
Edwards
Gavet
Sezer
Golding
It’s his team now isn’t it? When we play poor he doesn’t get flak but all the praise if we win, think gavet been a really poor signing, Edwards I’m still to be convinced, Holmes not good enough, butler if ever fit not good enough, Matagi not good enough, Golding wait and see sezer despite all the fanfare he’s had 2 good games, 3 ok and missed 3, hopefully better to come
Next