FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - What's happening?
Murphy 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach751No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 30 200618 years311th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th May 24 12:5326th Apr 24 12:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

What's happening? : Sat May 06, 2023 10:33 am  
Worrying signs if players are dropped, leaving and not defending well. I don't see Pryce as a stand off, he's a runner but not great organiser/kicker. Tui is better at full back. So without Fages or even Russell we don't really have halves. Connor has not really played much at 6. Injuries aren't helping but the last 2 performances aren't good enough.
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player105No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 11 20222 years309th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th May 24 16:2021st Apr 24 17:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What's happening? : Sat May 06, 2023 1:29 pm  
I feel like Watson has lost the dressing room.

I'd have Tui at FB, Rush & Marsters in the halves with Connor at centre.

Pryce would be on a plane to Australia & I'd look for a fee for him

Fages has been a huge loss but others need to step up, too many players are on a decent wage at Giants & doing nothing to earn the packet they are on.

I'd be moving heaven & earth to get Leeming in claret & gold next season, cut Peats contract, pay him off.

We are crying out for pace on the wings, we need 2 SL proven wingers with pace, none of this playing centres on the Wing, it does my head in.
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player105No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 11 20222 years309th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th May 24 16:2021st Apr 24 17:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What's happening? : Sat May 06, 2023 1:35 pm  
Leigh up next....I'd go :

Tui

Jerry
Connor
Naiqama
Senior

Marsters
Rush

Wilson
O"Brien
Hill

Rushton
Livett

Yates

Subs :

Ikahihifo
Ashworth
Trout
English

18th man :

Cudjoe
RankPostsTeam
International Star595
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 17 201310 years251st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th May 24 15:004th May 24 07:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What's happening? : Sat May 06, 2023 2:17 pm  
Watson is reaping the rewards of his terrible recruitment. Even with Fages and Russell we have a really poor spine. Fages and Russell were available when we got hammered by Salford in the playoffs last year and what did he do, signed more forwards and Connor who is not a half back and lacks the pace we need in the spine.

Sadly i really don't see where improvements come from, as i said Russell is FAR from superleague standard and Fages hardly sets the world on fire. Who is our support player that sniffs around breaks to finish them off? We don't have one. Who is the halfback who has the pace and vision to attack the line and score tries so the opposition have to cover the kick, the pass or him running? We don't have one.

When Watson joined, i said he needed to prove the success at Salford wasn't a one off, well it was and it looks like it wasn't down to him but the other coaches and whoever scouts their talent because it has continued when he has left and all he has shown us is that he can build a boring side and whinge about other factors that lead to losses, when in fact the buck stops with him, He has built a side that is simply not balanced, has no pace or cut in attack and relies on other sides making mistakes to score.

Peats was a terrible signing and connor isn't right for us either. He was wanting to keep Toby King too, who although he is doing well at Wigan that is because they already are blessed with plenty of players with flair and pace and he does the hard yards out of D, anyone could see he didn't complement out existing backline. Watson seems completely out of his depth and has no idea how to build an attacking side. When your forwards score more tries than your backs and none of your halves score any tries at all you are doing something VERY VERY wrong
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2981No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 21 200519 years303rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd May 24 08:1126th Nov 23 10:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What's happening? : Sat May 06, 2023 3:07 pm  
Hangermans posts are being proved correct.

Watson (or The Snake) as he is now known is a reasonable defence minded coach who concentrates on Middles.

The attacking flair from the Devils for the past 4 seasons has come from Paul Rowley who thankfully has signed a long term contract.

The Giants cocked up good and proper there.

No we don't want Watto back!
RankPostsTeam
International Star595
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 17 201310 years251st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th May 24 15:004th May 24 07:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What's happening? : Sat May 06, 2023 5:00 pm  
He has the gall to say that our players ego's are what went wrong at Hull KR. It is in fact HIS ego that drove away Sezer and his inisistence on this process driven crap that has put us in the hole we are in. He needs to put HIS ego to one side and admit he has no clue about attacking rugby and Ken needs to get someone in alongside him (or above him) to handle that side of things while he concentrates on defence.

If he has lost the dressing room it is because he is far too quick to criticise his players ( i do it but i'm a fan and not someone responsible for keeping morale and players onside). He ostracised Halsall for not putting the ball down correctly despite the fact he has been really good in attack and defence and this week he has had a pop at his senior players publicly for their ego. I'm not suprised they are turning on him. The simple fact is all his talk about challenging for the top has been exactly that, talk, now that its unravelling people are going to look at what he is saying a lot more carefully and the fact he is constantly laying blame elsewhere does him no credit at all.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2981No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 21 200519 years303rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd May 24 08:1126th Nov 23 10:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What's happening? : Sun May 07, 2023 6:32 am  
Too right Hangerman.

Just wish the Devils had some of your flair players to add to ours - we would be Top 4 mterial.

His latest `wet weather Rugby` comment - Well he`s been playing that all season.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain182No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 03 20195 years309th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Apr 24 10:204th Apr 24 10:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What's happening? : Sun May 07, 2023 9:32 am  
Hangerman2 wrote:
He has the gall to say that our players ego's are what went wrong at Hull KR. It is in fact HIS ego that drove away Sezer and his inisistence on this process driven crap that has put us in the hole we are in. He needs to put HIS ego to one side and admit he has no clue about attacking rugby and Ken needs to get someone in alongside him (or above him) to handle that side of things while he concentrates on defence.

If he has lost the dressing room it is because he is far too quick to criticise his players ( i do it but i'm a fan and not someone responsible for keeping morale and players onside). He ostracised Halsall for not putting the ball down correctly despite the fact he has been really good in attack and defence and this week he has had a pop at his senior players publicly for their ego. I'm not suprised they are turning on him. The simple fact is all his talk about challenging for the top has been exactly that, talk, now that its unravelling people are going to look at what he is saying a lot more carefully and the fact he is constantly laying blame elsewhere does him no credit at all.

Actually glad we got rid of Sezer. Thought he was bigger than the club. He treated the young lads with contempt. Think it was a choice of him going or the young lads leaving.
But to criticize players publicly is a different matter. Surely that should be done behind closed doors.