0510 1520 2530
Signature
Follow me on Twitter: broncoskolar@twitter.com

THE KING OF BRILLIANCE- JAMES LOMAS

available from: //WWW.LLPSHOP.CO.UK

The UK's leading RL book publishers.

Re: Segregation : Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:57 pm  
beezer wrote:
:DEPRESSED: Seems we have had no tickets sent to use yet for game on Saturday,so expect queues for tickets...

I just paid for my ticket on-line and printed it off on my printer!
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Jun 15 02:4314th Feb 15 04:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
dally messenger wrote:
was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have

eels fan wrote:
You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.

Re: Segregation : Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:03 pm  
beezer wrote:
so expect queues for tickets...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RankPostsTeam
International Star248No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 07 201213 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Mar 16 11:2717th Mar 16 10:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Segregation : Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:48 pm  
poplar panther wrote:
I see that fans booking on line have to state whether they are home or away fans. This is a shame as co-mingling among RL fans is what makes our game great. Though with salford at home it is a probable blessing given their antics at the Stoop in recent years.

I agree with that.Group of them a couple of seasons ago were awful.About 25 of them.Real windowlickers.Hopefully with their club on the up they won't be so noticeable with the higher numbers. I remember now mentioning to my brother how bad the Salford lot were and he pointed out the clue was in the name ;-)
RLLDN 
RankPostsTeam
International Star249No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 18 201411 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Sep 16 06:4410th Sep 15 20:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Segregation : Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:00 pm  
gutterfax wrote:
We've linked up with another sport in the past......do I need to get chalk and a blackboard out and draw you a graphic diagram as to how our owner and his 2 ex-cricketing CEO's managed to love that up?

As for :WALL: ...... WTF? :lol:

The club and the associated business are absolutely at ground Zero.....rather than come up with pie in the sky concepts of cross code games (been done before, didn't work and the game in Manchester in on a Tuesday and for charity...it's not a headline event) I'd suggest that those involved in trying to rescue what little is left of the London Broncos roll up their sleeves, forget idiotic schemes and other sports and get on with the job in hand.

If you think that a cross code game with Saracens would benefit London Broncos RL then I sincerely hope that you have no professional affiliation with the club...because it's a loving daft idea.

So we have linked with one sport....do we need to quit at the first attempt of learning? Why not try other sports as Saracens have done over the years with Olympians - Sprinters/Rowers etc just to get an understanding of the mental aspect of sports. Do I need to get a laptop and powerpoint presentation to highlight the importance of learning at every opportunity?

As for :WALL: it really is like talking to a brick wall....You think your trigger happiness with emoticons helps in arguments? :CLAP: Although, no, :HAND: :NAUGHTY: please stop. It's starting to make your points passive aggressive and makes it look like ramblings :CRAZY: :CRAZY:

I suggest being open to new things and not being close minded. Thinking outside the box or pie in the sky as you like, being creative is a great thing. If it's backs to the wall, then might as well try everything :ROCKS: We're here for the long road in North West London :MOTOR: Lets try new things.

If you think constant criticism and putting down of a club is a solution then I sincerley hope you have no connection professional or advisory with the club, because right now the Broncos need support, not more loving negativity otherwise your self fulfiling prophey will affect other curious people to the game after what was an amazing RLWC...(Some of me mates who went to Wembley have said that Eng v NZ game Semi Final was the best drama and skill set of Rugby they have ever seen and they can't wait to come to the Hive this season). Granted it won't be at that level, but at least that Semi Final has given one of the greatest adverts for Rugby League.

So if you could please turn your inane negativity to solutions please. Anyone can moan and whinge. The hardest thing is to think of solutions and have the courage of conviction to try new things without fear. :SUBMISSION:

Who knows, maybe one of the many ideas could actually crack the RL code in London, then we'll be all loving loving it, one day. It CAN happen. Have faith. :thumb: :DANCE: :lol:
RankPostsTeam
International Star66
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 201212 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Mar 14 17:2621st Feb 14 23:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Segregation : Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:25 pm  
Hello Rascal Bongo Stork. Great Name! Yes we have a few D--- H---- But please pass on my thanks to your brother for this great inspiration for the game due to his view's on Salford.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
dally messenger wrote:
was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have

eels fan wrote:

Re: Segregation : Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:05 am  
RLLDN wrote:
So if you could please turn your inane negativity to solutions please.

Are you under the impression that I have never helped, offered to help or offered viable solutions to the club?

As for current solutions, with the owner we have in place and his CEO at his right hand, only a loving lunatic would be stupid enough to want to get involved with this club as an investment/hobby opportunity. A cursory glance at the books would show that in the 5 years to 2012, 1.48 million was spent on Marketing (and Marketing wages) and delivered:
a 20% drop in attendances
a 50% drop in Season Ticket revenue
a 35% drop in match-day and ticket (non ST) revenue
Whilst the clubs cost in that period included:
a 46% INCREASE in administration costs
a 36% drop in match-day costs.

To remind listeners......we moved away from the stoop because it was costing us too much, yet the costs of actually playing there seem to have dropped?????????? In 2012 we had 322k in match-day, ticket and season ticket income and the stoop cost us 200k......the stoop wasn't the problem....hope that has cleared that up AGAIN.

I'll stop being negative when the megalomaniac lunatic who owns the club either behaves in a fit and proper manner with regards to long term development and not short term instant gratification and when he fires the useless friend (that's the swear filter BTW....what I typed rhymes with BLUNT) he hired to oversee the fiasco I describe above.

By the way, as for solutions to the current fiasco, it will take 20 years+ to undo the damage done in the last 3. I have the time, I have the skills and I have the passion to get the club back into SL, but unfortunately, I don't have a good enough divorce lawyer who could help me retain at least some of the funds I'd need to do it.......and I do love my wife more than the Broncos!

...and if you think the bit above about having "the skills and the passion to get the club back into SL" is all bluster and ego......I'd refer you to the clusterf^*k that has gone before and say that I would be hard pressed to do any worse!
RLLDN 
RankPostsTeam
International Star249No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 18 201411 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Sep 16 06:4410th Sep 15 20:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Segregation : Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:31 am  
gutterfax wrote:
Are you under the impression that I have never helped, offered to help or offered viable solutions to the club?

As for current solutions, with the owner we have in place and his CEO at his right hand, only a loving lunatic would be stupid enough to want to get involved with this club as an investment/hobby opportunity. A cursory glance at the books would show that in the 5 years to 2012, 1.48 million was spent on Marketing (and Marketing wages) and delivered:
a 20% drop in attendances
a 50% drop in Season Ticket revenue
a 35% drop in match-day and ticket (non ST) revenue
Whilst the clubs cost in that period included:
a 46% INCREASE in administration costs
a 36% drop in match-day costs.

To remind listeners......we moved away from the stoop because it was costing us too much, yet the costs of actually playing there seem to have dropped?????????? In 2012 we had 322k in match-day, ticket and season ticket income and the stoop cost us 200k......the stoop wasn't the problem....hope that has cleared that up AGAIN.

I'll stop being negative when the megalomaniac lunatic who owns the club either behaves in a fit and proper manner with regards to long term development and not short term instant gratification and when he fires the useless friend (that's the swear filter BTW....what I typed rhymes with BLUNT) he hired to oversee the fiasco I describe above.

By the way, as for solutions to the current fiasco, it will take 20 years+ to undo the damage done in the last 3. I have the time, I have the skills and I have the passion to get the club back into SL, but unfortunately, I don't have a good enough divorce lawyer who could help me retain at least some of the funds I'd need to do it.......and I do love my wife more than the Broncos!

...and if you think the bit above about having "the skills and the passion to get the club back into SL" is all bluster and ego......I'd refer you to the clusterf^*k that has gone before and say that I would be hard pressed to do any worse!

You seem like someone with awesome statistical ability and nous and tbh it would be great to have you on board. Nice swear filter btw,ha. Good to hear about the Family first situation. Maybe one day when you have the chance you could come back on board.

With the new locations, settings etc it is hard to predict what wll happen, but I spose that is what risk management is all about. At the moment, we are all not privvy to what may have been for other options - all we know is there may have been no Broncos or a Broncos to follow with a fresh start. So as supporters we have gone with the latter.

In terms of stats re: Drops, ofcourse fan levels drop off when teams perform badly. Look at Chelsea - they were barely picking up attendances in the 70s....Forward 30s years and a benefactor stepped in. Who is to say we couldnt attact some investment with the location are at now - as Barnet FC have done (A Conference Team) with a World Wide electrical company as; TOSHIBA!?.....The key here, is to attract new supprters after one of the best adverts for RL from the RLWC as that has been the best marketing the game has ever seen. Being forward thinking and open minded will go a long way as opposed to harping on about negatives otherwise we wilil be cutting our nose to spite our face.

Onwards and upwards! #RelentlessPositivity
RankPostsTeam
International Star41No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 16 201411 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Feb 14 23:3324th Feb 14 22:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Segregation : Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:53 am  
beezer wrote:
:DEPRESSED: Seems we have had no tickets sent to use yet for game on Saturday,so expect queues for tickets...

They email them to u if u ask
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
dally messenger wrote:

eels fan wrote:

Re: Segregation : Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:54 am  
RLLDN wrote:
At the moment, we are all not privvy to what may have been for other options - all we know is there may have been no Broncos or a Broncos to follow with a fresh start. So as supporters we have gone with the latter.

Well, actually as supporters, no we don't. There was never any need for "options" in the first place. The CEO blamed the weather, the losing team and anything else he could think of in 2011 before settling on the NAME of the club as the reason for his failure to attract fans, corporates, investors or sponsors to the club in his first year. In his second year, with the hunt for fans, corporates, investors or sponsors going worse than it had done the year before AND the name change having not delivered anything either, the GROUND became the problem. So, he fired the hand picked staff he had installed that year and blamed the residents of Twickenham for his failure.....which I am sure would upset them, that's of course, if they actually knew we existed in the first place.

Accept the current situation with a shrug of the shoulders if you wish, but I can assure you, there was never any need for us to be in this position.

RLLDN wrote:
In terms of stats re: Drops, ofcourse fan levels drop off when teams perform badly.

Of course teams who lose also lose fans, but we are not talking about "dips" here.....this CEO has shed 40% from our average and 70% from our season tickets after arriving and saying one of his first priorities was to build crowds. I could well understand it if we had a surge in crowds who then drifted.....but we never got the surge, we simply got drops.

RLLDN wrote:
Look at Chelsea - they were barely picking up attendances in the 70s....Forward 30s years and a benefactor stepped in.

Bad choice of comparison and even worse choice of year.....if I wanted to see how well my new Stanley knife cut flesh or how far I could throw a dart and if it pierced a human eyeball, then the Bridge was a great place to go in the 70's and 80's....as for the increase in attendances, little to do with the Russian and a whole lot to do with the Aussie media mogul.....but I digress...

RLLDN wrote:
Who is to say we couldnt attact some investment with the location are at now - as Barnet FC have done (A Conference Team) with a World Wide electrical company as; TOSHIBA!?

TOSHIBA don't know where or what Barnet FC is..........they are not the sponsors, but a local division is.

RLLDN wrote:
The key here, is to attract new supprters after one of the best adverts for RL from the RLWC as that has been the best marketing the game has ever seen. Being forward thinking and open minded will go a long way as opposed to harping on about negatives otherwise we wilil be cutting our nose to spite our face.

Of he 460,000 who attended the RLWC, I suspect that possibly 20,000 were at their first game of RL....and I am being generous. The Media have forgotten it happened and moved onto Curling........and the public outside the heartlands are probably unaware that it even happened, let alone that SL XIX has started.
The club have repeated the mistakes of the past by expecting fans to flock back to the new venue and the new team....they will spend money on "clever" marketing strategies that in the past have delivered losses, they will keep it safe and unfortunately for you and them, they will fail.
Don't get me wrong......I want so much to be proven wrong, I want the Broncos to prosper and I want then in SL, but as the Rolling stones put it so well........Painted Black.......SORRY, You Can't always get what you want........

RLLDN wrote:
Onwards and upwards! #RelentlessPositivity

Well intentioned but Misguided belief more like it.....
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
dally messenger wrote:

eels fan wrote:

Re: Segregation : Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:56 am  
BeesKnees wrote:
They email them to u if u ask

RL Clubs NORMALLY allocate a number of tickets to away clubs, which when purchased by their fans, generate a small amount of revenue (commission) to that club.
I believe that this is what the poster from the north was on about, but given they have a tiny away crew (not as small as us, but maybe a 100 or so) this will not cause their club hardship nor queues at the gate on Saturday.
PreviousNext